Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Apparently she performed RIDE at Lolla in Paris and said "I STILL got a war on my mind"

It's strange, something must have happened recently that really ruined her mood, because she was happier while making most of the record. Maybe her short-lived relationship with G-easy? Obviously there is small chance for that but I really have no idea what it could be. It's just evident she was in a better place for a long time and then something came and ruined it all

I can't fault her for trying new things :/ I'm not saying that y'all are faulting her, because I get what y'all mean and I sorta agree. Maybe she's trying to escape that particular aesthetic (sadness, old men, ect) for the time being and test the waters. I don't think anything that made her special is gone. It's all there. She just chooses how to present it to the world.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I just hope she doesn't sell the song to another artist, that would be terrible   :deadbanana: I'd be on board with the soundtrack thing as long as it's not "Life is Beautiful" all over again. But if it really was her favorite song (along with Heroin) from LFL, then I'd say we'll get to hear it. She could release as a stand alone single when she's happier or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2eKeCUFuYc I came across this one once, apparently from the Lizzy days but if a song with that kind of instrumental was included in some future release I'd be scalped

Think I found it. It was this one right? It sounds sooo vintage :eartha:

https://twitter.com/lanadel1ey/status/840474986540351488

Lust for Life is serving lazy Glory teas. She couldv've at least changed her outfit and overall look for the album cover and not just rip it from the music video

britney-spears-make-me-920.jpg

britney-spears-glory.jpg

lana-del-rey-love-screenshot-billboard-1

f991b1a6b8809ed3cbea444e3e6f49a3.1000x10

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Off topic:have you ever thought how her music would be if she wasn't lana del rey?propably the same and its a stupid question cause its the same person but...

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

BUT I honestly do miss the glamorous, otherworldly persona. The music is still solid, and still sort of embodies this at times, but I just... god, the amount of escapism I did through her older music.

LMAO so true but in the end her music actually motivated me to live freely and shape my life the way I wanted to a.k.a. ask myself whether I'm in touch with all of my darkest fantasies :hooker:  It's so funny to me how the media actually made her believe her music was depressing when it was/is so helpful. A song like Lust for Life ironically doesn't make me excited to be alive at all, because it portrays the act of taking responsibility of your life and your happiness as something so easy, almost natural (which it isn't imo). Like the one kid who always seemed to have a perfect life and positive outlook talking about how great it is to be on this earth. I like that she talks about that in Get Free though

Think I found it. It was this one right? It sounds sooo vintage :eartha:

https://twitter.com/lanadel1ey/status/840474986540351488

omg i never heard this before?!! lfl album was found dead

I'm just putting this out there, and I don't want to be accused of being 'ungrateful, this is purely just wishful thinking.

For LDR6, I want it to be this way:

- Lyrics: I really want the lyrics to be very picture-esque. A teacher of mine described a poet as being the same as an artist, except poets use words to paint a picture in your mind instead of using oil paints on a canvas. I really want strong Lizzy Grant/UV lyrics like "I have a disco ball mind" (Pin Up Galore), "I keep my lips red to seem like cherries in the spring" (Black Beauty). Very visual with lots of adjectives. None of this short, simple and sparse lyricism.

- Aesthetic: Let's be real, the aesthetics of this era were out of whack and completely mix and match. The thing I adore about Lana's music is the clear aesthetic she portrays throughout the artwork, lyrics, photoshoots etc. Was this era witchy? Was this era space themed? Hippie-ish? Fuck knows. For the next album I want to know exactly what the themes are.

- Music: I loved how experimental Lana was this era, how she incorporated folk music with pop, and with hip hop. Not many artists can do that. However, I think there were too many collabs and too much going on all in one sitting. It would be nice if next time she'd limit collabs to two people, and maybe just stick to one genre or perhaps for example if she wants to carry on doing pop, but have some songs a sub genre of pop like dream pop or bubblegum pop etc.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Change is one of the most beautiful songs i think I've ever heard

It's truly outstanding. The melody is very catchy. Love it so much and I love that it's very long, it just goes on and on and on

Ok but where's all the merch and shit  :creep:

with yosemite

I'm just putting this out there, and I don't want to be accused of being 'ungrateful, this is purely just wishful thinking.

For LDR6, I want it to be this way:

- Lyrics: I really want the lyrics to be very picture-esque. A teacher of mine described a poet as being the same as an artist, except poets use words to paint a picture in your mind instead of using oil paints on a canvas. I really want strong Lizzy Grant/UV lyrics like "I have a disco ball mind" (Pin Up Galore), "I keep my lips red to seem like cherries in the spring" (Black Beauty). Very visual with lots of adjectives. None of this short, simple and sparse lyricism.

- Aesthetic: Let's be real, the aesthetics of this era were out of whack and completely mix and match. The thing I adore about Lana's music is the clear aesthetic she portrays throughout the artwork, lyrics, photoshoots etc. Was this era witchy? Was this era space themed? Hippie-ish? Fuck knows. For the next album I want to know exactly what the themes are.

- Music: I loved how experimental Lana was this era, how she incorporated folk music with pop, and with hip hop. Not many artists can do that. However, I think there were too many collabs and too much going on all in one sitting. It would be nice if next time she'd limit collabs to two people, and maybe just stick to one genre or perhaps for example if she wants to carry on doing pop, but have some songs a sub genre of pop like dream pop or bubblegum pop etc.

Yesss i agree! One thing that really bugs me this era is that it doesn't even have a proper aesthetic. She can't have witchy, hippy AND space themed. She should've picked one and set the album based on it. For example if she wanted to make a happy album she could've went all out with hippy shit and done more photoshoots, heck maybe even recreate Woodstock for a shoot? idk... so many ideas she could've went with but she didn't. I would've loved a full on dark witchy album though :creepna:

Am I the only one who feels like Lust for Life is almost like a rock opera about a specific, newly-cultivated persona? I thought of this after seeing this image the other day and just loving how everything ties together 

tumblr_otj0uem4e61ws5toso1_1280.jpg

The character doesn't have a name, so let's just go with Lana. But basically, Lana is a semi-reclusive witch, or an alien from the planet Daisyworld idk (daisies are obviously a motif) who has lived for generations, or at least she was alive during the last world war (because of WTWWAWWKD), endowed with powers of making people happy (or sad) that she could never control because she didn't understand herself enough. So she's always observed from her perch within the Hollywood sign, occasionally coming down to Earth (ie on Tuesdays) and sitting on the fire escapes of the city at night and listening to the hustle and bustle of society. But then came a breaking point where Lana finally decided that she needed to become a part of the world. The album is a journey through the stars, looking down from above, and through the Earth, finding beauty in these dark times, in an attempt to salvage America and the world. And she's doing it all from smack in the middle of Hollyweird. 

Am I the only one who feels like Lust for Life is almost like a rock opera about a specific, newly-cultivated persona? I thought of this after seeing this image the other day and just loving how everything ties together 

tumblr_otj0uem4e61ws5toso1_1280.jpg

The character doesn't have a name, so let's just go with Lana. But basically, Lana is a semi-reclusive witch, or an alien from the planet Daisyworld idk (daisies are obviously a motif) who has lived for generations, or at least she was alive during the last world war (because of WTWWAWWKD), endowed with powers of making people happy (or sad) that she could never control because she didn't understand herself enough. So she's always observed from her perch within the Hollywood sign, occasionally coming down to Earth (ie on Tuesdays) and sitting on the fire escapes of the city at night and listening to the hustle and bustle of society. But then came a breaking point where Lana finally decided that she needed to become a part of the world. The album is a journey through the stars, looking down from above, and through the Earth, finding beauty in these dark times, in an attempt to salvage America and the world. And she's doing it all from smack in the middle of Hollyweird.

You should be an author. :oprah:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Me when i steal Lana's laptop and take it to court in search of justice for Yosemite and Life is beautiful only for her to find nothing but a G-sleazy collab and a bunch of Coachella demo's

jj.gifjj.gifjj.gif