Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

He just confirmed what its floating around our heads: the tracks that were done quickly with trap beats are terrible, the stripped back/canyon/BAR records are amazing.

Sorry but there no way you can say Coachella is a decent song cause its not.

honestly tho.. I competely agree with you especially about TNC  :awkney2: , omg everyone here's preaching and hollering about how amazing and great it is and I'm sat here like sis.. did I listen to a different song? it's some awful bootleg beatle shit 

"now that im singing with seaaaaan" is so cringe-y 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

He just confirmed what its floating around our heads: the tracks that were done quickly with trap beats are terrible, the stripped back/canyon/BAR records are amazing.

Sorry but there no way you can say Coachella is a decent song cause its not.

The only quickly done track with trap beats is Coachella and it's not that bad (for me). Would've been better without the beat ofc. I like the melody.

All those f*cking snippets are so annoying. Just take a smaaalll risk and actually perform something other than the usual tracks. Noone cares for some acapella sh*t

Yeah i dont get it. Why sing 1 minute of a song?....just fucking finish it. Makes no sense.

So where's Yosemite?

Dont.

You're a huge fucking douchebag if you think you're empowered to tell people what they should and should not like.

The rudeness... 

Sis/bro, we all know Coachella is far from being a decent track, just look at the general opinion this forum (consisting of hardcore Lana fans) has made about that song and objectively it's not a good track. I personally enjoy it but it's one of the few things Lana could've definetely done better.

Edit: okay not far from being decent, just change some lines, the beat production and the title and it could be even one of the good ones of LFL.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I keep thinkin what if she had more time to produce Change.. would she have tried to put trap percussion in the song? 

also I find it funny Change took less than a day to make and was shit on all pre-release and now it's one of her best songs to some y'all 

source.gif

oh and CWIMM had several weeks and still came out weird- I appreciate the sentiment and how it shifts the tone of the record but It could've been a spoken word interlude and it would've swooned me a bit harder

The rudeness... 

Sis/bro, we all know Coachella is far from being a decent track, just look at the general opinion this forum (consisting of hardcore Lana fans) has made about that song and objectively it's not a good track. I personally enjoy it but it's one of the few things Lana could've definetely done better.

Also looking where i said "You dont have the right to like Coachella". The only thing i said its not a decent cause its fucking not.

I cant 15. Change some people's terrible taste, unfortunately. If you like the track, thats your personal problem 449e0e578211304647681c96ba04361f.gif

idk if this was posted already 

I watched a bit of it - it's not as bad as most of us expected. What he said about the trap beat/modern part of the record is partly true, it could've been done better (just by omitting 2 or 3 tracks). I probably will listen to LFL in the future without SB, GL and IMF although I enjoy those songs individually (and I will listen to them individually but not every time when I'll listen to the album). As I said earlier on – Lana's metascore/her score with reviews would surely be even higher if she stripped down the record just a little bit. 72 mins is a lot to swallow! (But I'm still very happy with it.)

Like someone on here said, she should have kept Coachella acoustic only. That would have been much better imo.

Could you imagine how the entire LF album sounded like after the first takes with Rick Nowels (as he said in the interview recently)? :-O Just her voice and piano / acoustic guitar... I'd kill to have a chance to listen to those versions of the songs... ("Roses bloom for you" gave us a good impression; or "Change" – I love this simple, not overly produced songs.)

does anyone have that LfL advertisement that was floating around facebook (iirc) ? 

like it was a photosheet and the video just swung over different 'photos' and had Love & LfL playing the background 

but like in a gif format :creep: