Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I'm curious as to how many other demos there are with orchestral productions. The only other song that we know of with predominant strings is Something Real.

I'll link it if I find it but I specifically remember an interview with her talking about how she took the strings out because it sounded silly or something.

Cherry absolutely has to have some sort of string heavy demo. Bc everyone I listen I imagine them and it makes the song 2x better. I imagine it sounded like Big Eyes and Freak had a baby.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Cherry absolutely has to have some sort of string heavy demo. Bc everyone I listen I imagine them and it makes the song 2x better. I imagine it sounded like Big Eyes and Freak had a baby.

Unfortunately, I think she was long past the string phase before Cherry was even recorded. Cherry was written in early 2017 I believe and these string demos are from mid-2016. One can hope though :xcry:

Summer Bummer at 1:43 you can hear some random dude say in the background "yea thats good" or something like that

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Sincerely, what is actually happening in the Lust for Life video? How is this all interconnected jfdklajsf I just had a panic attack over my three exams tomorrow and ate an entire bowl of potatoes

This is the lore we have so far for the era....

Lana is some sort of space witch who lives in the Hollywood sign and possesses some sort of magical power/sorcery. She spends most of her nights (except tuesdays which is her grocery day) hiding away above Hollywood watching over the Earth below and coming up with ways to make people happy. She somehow transmits positive energy through tiny little hearts (probably just the power of Love lmao). She apparently does things on the moon as well, as the Lust for Life video zooms out to show the moon at the very end, and obviously, she performs there for a group of millennials. And someone had to build the ice cream stand. She can also send people to other planets, but maybe she's just drugging them.

In Lust for Life, the eclipse seen in Love is revealed to be in Lana's own eyes. Lana is performing awkward choreography behind a blue screen. It's like she's being forced to do it, but she knows a way out. She's like you know i had to do it to em

lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-video.jpg

She meets with Abel on the Hollywood sign and they don't take off their clothes even once. He encourages her to commit suicide, but lucky for us, Lana Del Rey is an immortal space goddess who will never die (got eem)

LQJXJPH.gif

But who is Abel and why did he do this crazy things. And did he die? who's to say. who cares becau se

giphy.gif

new boyfriend!! does he know that lana is 600000 years old witch? does he?

also why is she on fucking trantor. fucking coruscant ass. metropolis bitch

tumblr_ow85bqYuCH1v90acdo2_500.gif

I laugh so hard at how nonchalant she drives away like lol whatever baby boy im going to go catch the next rocket 2 my summer home but im driving an old car to get there

tumblr_ow889oBA7z1v90acdo4_500.gif

also all those gays are still on the moon and she forget to renew the spell that gives them oxygen so they're all dead now rip troye sivan

So I'm kinda confused. I listen to White Mustang several times everyday, and I think it's one of Lana's best songs (if not the best song in human history). My question is, how could y'all not feel the same way? :uh:

I'm sure some of you do though...

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

White mustang is like that cute song to listen to while you're driving on a mostly sunny day with your windows down. Also Perfect for when you're feeling happy, but there's a bit of sadness In the back of your mind. Like when you're laying on your boyfriend's chest at night, contemplating if things will last...then smiling and dozing off as you hope for the best. :flutter:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

So I'm kinda confused. I listen to White Mustang several times everyday, and I think it's one of Lana's best songs (if not the best song in human history). My question is, how could y'all not feel the same way? :uh:

It's just too short. I can't get into it. Lana songs usually paint a vast landscape within my mind that I can immerse myself into and White Mustang never gets to that point. It should be called "White Mustang Interlude"

Am I the only one disappointed that there was no motorcycle in the LFL video? Like I legit pictured the video starting with Lana and Abel riding up to the Hollywood sign. And then pulling a prank similar to the Hollyweed scandal, only theirs would make the sign say Hollyweird. Then proceeding to Dance on the H and Strip a little. And then the police show up, and they escape on his motorcycle.

Am I the only one disappointed that there was no motorcycle in the LFL video? Like I legit pictured the video starting with Lana and Abel riding up to the Hollywood sign. And then pulling a prank similar to the Hollyweed scandal, only theirs would make the sign say Hollyweird. Then proceeding to Dance on the H and Strip a little. And then the police show up, and they escape on his motorcycle.

I just wanted stripping th

It was a reasonable expectation

Sincerely, what is actually happening in the Lust for Life video? How is this all interconnected jfdklajsf I just had a panic attack over my three exams tomorrow and ate an entire bowl of potatoes

This is the lore we have so far for the era....

Lana is some sort of space witch who lives in the Hollywood sign and possesses some sort of magical power/sorcery. She spends most of her nights (except tuesdays which is her grocery day) hiding away above Hollywood watching over the Earth below and coming up with ways to make people happy. She somehow transmits positive energy through tiny little hearts (probably just the power of Love lmao). She apparently does things on the moon as well, as the Lust for Life video zooms out to show the moon at the very end, and obviously, she performs there for a group of millennials. And someone had to build the ice cream stand. She can also send people to other planets, but maybe she's just drugging them.

In Lust for Life, the eclipse seen in Love is revealed to be in Lana's own eyes. Lana is performing awkward choreography behind a blue screen. It's like she's being forced to do it, but she knows a way out. She's like you know i had to do it to em lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-video.jpg

She meets with Abel on the Hollywood sign and they don't take off their clothes even once. He encourages her to commit suicide, but lucky for us, Lana Del Rey is an immortal space goddess who will never die (got eem) LQJXJPH.gif

But who is Abel and why did he do this crazy things. And did he die? who's to say. who cares becau segiphy.gifnew boyfriend!! does he know that lana is 600000 years old witch? does he?

also why is she on fucking trantor. fucking coruscant ass. metropolis bitchtumblr_ow85bqYuCH1v90acdo2_500.gif

I laugh so hard at how nonchalant she drives away like lol whatever baby boy im going to go catch the next rocket 2 my summer home but im driving an old car to get there tumblr_ow889oBA7z1v90acdo4_500.gif

also all those gays are still on the moon and she forget to renew the spell that gives them oxygen so they're all dead now rip troye sivan

"Maybe shes just drugging them" Omg that made my day

I love your speculations tho, keep it up kween

:tsk: The lyrics and the production in general are not great. :tsk:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

white mustang didn't deserve a video, there i said it

It never got one LMAO. She just slapped the song on top of the BAR video...which is probably why it's flopping as hard as the Freak video Did. She keeps making the same mistakes.

wow that would've been so amazing, although I love the mv already! Tbh I was expecting them to strip in the mv before it came out because of the lyrics but I was shook at the fact that they didn't...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m