Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

This. Politics/social issues are not her thing :toofunny:

I think BPBP has the most tastefully done lyrics in terms of making a statement ("green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove, 'till it runs red with blood") but when she's direct, it becomes a cringey mess :rip:

Right! BPBP isn't her best work but it's still a good song and it managed to capture that spacy/witchy aesthetic whilst being subtlely political. I enjoy God Bless America as a song but i've never really cared much about what the songs about, i get the whole women empowerment thing which i think is very beautiful, but it's not always something i wanna hear when listening to a lana del rey song. I think she could still pull off political music but she just needs to find a way to execute it better and allow it to fit into her genre

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think BPBP has the most tastefully done lyrics in terms of making a statement ("green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove, 'till it runs red with blood") but when she's direct, it becomes a cringey mess :rip:

Yes I think these kind of lyrics should be more subtle because she's pretty straightforward, it's so simple that it does makes one cringe. (See: if we hold on to hope, we'll have happy ending")

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

tumblr_inline_p1ow4pusv21r46huv_500.jpg

But we need to know what kind of money :hooker: I'm curious tbh what his parents do, maybe he has a sugar daddy cause that shit's pretty accessible and pays well, and tbh I wouldn't doubt it from a lana fan LMAO.

Possibly haha, why not eh and he probably learn't from Lana himself  :hooker:.

Would it even be legal for someone younger than 18 to have a sugar daddy? Also that wouldn't explain how all his friends manage to afford it either, i think maybe he's just from a rich area

He might just have rich parents, so yeah you could be right about the rich area thing.

Probably illegal but then its not like he would be getting in touch with the government to pay taxes for that surely so I doubt it even matters haha.

qsVmBMd.png

I like her talking about politics and social issues,  cause she is in the right and it's important,  but singing about it?  Maaaybe nah

Yes thank you for that about BPBP. It's a timeless anthem :flutter:

I am happy she is speaking out politically, but I wish she wouldn't make her albums about politics. It just isn't what she does best, and it is not nearly as beautiful or artistic as her other work. I don't think she is great at writing songs with a 'message' really. I think her best songwriting is when she channels her feelings and experiences and explores fantasy and vision rather than the real world. 

giphy.gif

i don’t understand the hype for Get Free, its one of my least favorite on the album

Bad post tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i don’t understand the hype for Get Free, its one of my least favorite on the album

i dont agree that its overhyped but i DO think the way she sings "this is my comittmeeeeent, my modern manifesto" sounds boring and uninteresting and kinda wish i could skip it everytime   :shh2:  

Daily reminder that yosemite is co

tumblr_p36on5v4ga1u6n38po1_250.gif

Coachella is actually one of Lana's rare tracks that will age like milk. It really isn't a great song at all, there's no denying that. The lyrics are nice but even if the song wasn't ruined by that horrific production, it would still not age very well at all. Who the heck will care about North Korea and the "tensions over country lines" in about a year or two? NOBODY

Reading this seriously hurt my brain