Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

it was supposed to be a song for her but they released in on their album as well..

Excuse me but

The song was covered by Rihanna for her 2016 ANTI album. Apart from the title being shortened to "Same Ol' Mistakes," the Bajan singer's version is a duplicate in just about every other way. "She was spearheading the whole thing," Kevin Parker told MTV News. "She just wanted to do something with the song. I didn't really know what it was."

The Australian sent the song's backing track to Rihanna and her production team. Parker didn't get to hear the songstress's reassembled version on ANTI until the release of the album. "It was pretty surreal," he said.

And also

When he first came up with the melody, Parker had thought it sounded like American R&B girl group TLC. "That's how a lot of Tame Impala songs start out – as ideas for songs I could potentially give to someone else," he told UK newspaper The Independent. "I think of them with a different persona in mind, it's just a subconscious way of not being bound by what you think you are as an artist." "Hearing the Rihanna version, it made me realize that the song finally got the treatment it deserved from the beginning," Parker added. "It went full circle."

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

......AnyWayZ Rihanna outsold Lana 49x and ANTI is more #cohesive than Lust for Pop Charts

bye!

Delete+your+account+rollbutton+large+000

If you actually value artists by how much they sell why are you on a Lana Del Rey forum

It doesnt matter how much she's sold, i still turn the radio off when I hear Rihanna screeching so

LMAOO you guys read this and thought it was serious? :lmao: amazing

Not all songs have to be climatic. It's a beautiful, soulful piano piece. It's a lullaby. It's her most beautiful song of this era.

finally you said something with taste..... your mind

hgNR8nn.gif

???, ?????????

Use the ignore feature obviously :lmao: doesn't make any difference to me

All I said was if the shoe fits. :creep: I mean obviously you felt a little something if you're the only one who thought it was them. :smokes2: but go off I guess

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

All I said was if the shoe fits. :creep: I mean obviously you felt a little something if you're the only one who thought it was them. :smokes2: but go off I guess

The difference is if I had something to say I'd just tag the person. :smokes4: Let's not fill the thread with this bullshit cause it really doesn't matter either way and I don't value your opinion on anything lmao. See you around :)