Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

i don't even need a new album, i want to hear RBFY and Yosemite (i even bought a F21 shirt written Yosemite) - and it's kinda transparent -.-

00285601-02.jpg

i hope she includes them in the next album

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were so perfect and cohesive it's kinda hard to really enjoy Lust for Life. Don't get me wrong I like it but there's a bunch of songs I can't get into. And that didn't happen with her two previous masterpieces :pft: :oprah:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

feel so over lfl now (probably since 3 weeks after it was released) which is sad because I never got over btd and uv :pft:

hopefully LDR6 will bring some of her old magic back :sadcore:

(TNC and WM are the only 2 I really enjoy listening to now)

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Change is like the only song that sneaks into my mind and stays there for hours, so naturally I have to praise it here for the masterpiece that it is. The melody is perfect. It has me humming all day. I can't believe that this woman wrote it in just a few hours. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Now that awhile has gone by I can agree that LFL has sort of fallen short for me personally, I rarely ever reach for it to listen to despite still listening to BTD and UV in their entireties regularly. Its by no means a bad album just has a lack of direction. I just think these songs are lacking what makes a Lana song a Lana song for me.

I still regularly think about what the album would have been like if it had followed the vision of the album trailer, a whimsical yet dark album with ethereal lyrics like BPBP and some horror soundtrack inspired sounds. Could have been so cool.  :pft:

feel so over lfl now (probably since 3 weeks after it was released) which is sad because I never got over btd and uv :pft:

hopefully LDR6 will bring some of her old magic back :sadcore:

(TNC and WM are the only 2 I really enjoy listening to now)

Now that awhile has gone by I can agree that LFL has sort of fallen short for me personally, I rarely ever reach for it to listen to despite still listening to BTD and UV in their entireties regularly. Its by no means a bad album just has a lack of direction. I just think these songs are lacking what makes a Lana song a Lana song for me.

I still regularly think about what the album would have been like if it had followed the vision of the album trailer, a whimsical yet dark album with ethereal lyrics like BPBP and some horror soundtrack inspired sounds. Could have been so cool.  :pft:

You're both saying everything I'm thinking :agree:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Honeymoon and Ultraviolence are so perfectly executed and the concepts are so intertwined throughout the songs. Lust for Life just isn't consistent. I love it and it features some of my favourite Lana tracks ever (Cherry, WTWWAWWKD, TNC, Heroin & Get Free) but it's just unfocused. She called it an album "for the fans", so I hope she goes back to making albums for herself with LDR6.

For me, it would have to be UV = HM > LFL > BTD > AKA > P

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

For me it's: UV>BTD>LFL>HM=P=AKA (little mess at the last three lmao) and I haven't listened to Sirens but it really doesn't count.

I'd rather listen to LFL than HM because of the diversity (and because I've been listening to it for 2 years already)

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

In her upcoming work, I hope she retains her vintage sound from Honeymoon combined with her "trash magic" quirky sort of sound in from her Lizzy Grant days and in AKA. I'm also quite fond of the raw sound in UV. Idkkk Lana gurl just ditch the trap beats  :defeated: a few songs is fine but it was overused in LFL. I love the album but yeah

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

For me it's: UV>BTD>LFL>HM=P=AKA (little mess at the last three lmao) and I haven't listened to Sirens but it really doesn't count.

I'd rather listen to LFL than HM because of the diversity (and because I've been listening to it for 2 years already)

oh boi you're missing some May acoustic excellence

???, ?????????

In her upcoming work, I hope she retains her vintage sound from Honeymoon combined with her "trash magic" sort of sound in from her Lizzy Grant days and in AKA. I'm also quite fond of the raw sound in UV. Idkkk Lana gurl just ditch the trap beats :defeated: a few songs is fine but it was overused in LFL. I love the album but yeah

Trash magic sound yes please

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Trash Magic is amazing, it sounds like it would be in a perfume commercial imo. It's subtle but gorgeous and has a mesmerizing hook. I don't think that sound will come back though. Lizzy ain't in a trailer park anymore  :hooker:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg