Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

What do you guys feel about finding out the line in get free is "for amy and for whitney" ? I was watching her live performance and she said it and it made me cry, shes so sweet.

I will always sing the song this way now. I'm so happy she did that. I like Whitney and all but Amy!  :crai:

What do you guys feel about finding out the line in get free is "for amy and for whitney" ? I was watching her live performance and she said it and it made me cry, shes so sweet.

i think it's sweet, although i can't help but think why Amy n Whitney

i know they're inspirations, but the lyric being 'for Amy and for Whitney, and all my birds of paradise- who never got to fly at night, because they were caught up in the dance' it just feels kinda weird..like i dont recall her ever really knowing them, not too sure what she means by the lyric as a whole

like is it in terms of suicide? maybe bad habits that led to the destruction of their lives, and that she won't be victim to said habits and follow in the same footsteps of her idols ? idek but thats probably it, it kinda goes hand in hand w/ her quote of study your idols lives, see what they did, and do the same thing; here she kinda follows that same ideology n vows that the beautiful humans she loved won't die in vain, they'll be celebrated and immortalized but their actions will serve as warnings ?

idk im gettin dangerously close to graham's CWIMM theories 

i think it's sweet, although i can't help but think why Amy n Whitney

i know they're inspirations, but the lyric being 'for Amy and for Whitney, and all my birds of paradise- who never got to fly at night, because they were caught up in the dance' it just feels kinda weird..like i dont recall her ever really knowing them, not too sure what she means by the lyric as a whole

like is it in terms of suicide? maybe bad habits that led to the destruction of their lives, and that she won't be victim to said habits and follow in the same footsteps of her idols ? idek but thats probably it, it kinda goes hand in hand w/ her quote of study your idols lives, see what they did, and do the same thing; here she kinda follows that same ideology n vows that the beautiful humans she loved won't die in vain, they'll be celebrated and immortalized but their actions will serve as warnings ?

idk im gettin dangerously close to graham's CWIMM theories 

I believe that it is a multitude of things. Some of which you and I won't really know for certain. But I believe despite Lana not knowing them personally, she related to them in many ways. Their passion of music, their wilted sobriety, so on. 

hol the fuc up i think i got it on the nose ! love her, also it's extremely wack that before i found out about Lana, Amy Winehouse, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin, and Ella Fitzgerald were some of my favorite artists and Lana shares the same love for them :flutter: it feels meant 2 b

So it makes sense that she would have "Whitney Amy" tattooed, too. In a 2013 interview with Fashion Magazine she spoke highly of the late Winehouse, saying, "I believe in Amy Winehouse. I know she’s not with us anymore but I believe she was who she was and in that way she got it right."

It made me like the song more! The chorus is still terribly produced and nothing can save that, but, I keep finding more meaning to the song which makes me listen to it now and then!

hol the fuc up i think i got it on the nose ! love her, also it's extremely wack that before i found out about Lana, Amy Winehouse, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin, and Ella Fitzgerald were some of my favorite artists and Lana shares the same love for them :flutter: it feels meant 2 b

So it makes sense that she would have "Whitney Amy" tattooed, too. In a 2013 interview with Fashion Magazine she spoke highly of the late Winehouse, saying, "I believe in Amy Winehouse. I know she’s not with us anymore but I believe she was who she was and in that way she got it right."

before she deleted her insta post she had a post praying for bobbi christina, whitney's daughter when she was sick in the hospital

confession: when i hear 13 beaches i picture a mv in spaaaace

like lana moves to the moon because she literally cannot escape paparazzi any other way totes 

and i saw this image and i just imagined her having to leave THE MOON because the papz of the ~future~ sent fucking satellites up to take pictures of her 

tumblr_oy42leojJ41v1j2wqo1_500.jpg

past ventura and lenses plenty in the white sunshine

confession: when i hear 13 beaches i picture a mv in spaaaace

like lana moves to the moon because she literally cannot escape paparazzi any other way totes

and i saw this image and i just imagined her having to leave THE MOON because the papz of the ~future~ sent fucking satellites up to take pictures of her

tumblr_oy42leojJ41v1j2wqo1_500.jpg

past ventura and lenses plenty in the white sunshine

You never cease to amaze me. Now I appreciate 13 beaches more

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Usually when I think of that line from Get Free, all I can think about is that sort of growing void inside of you from everywhere that just spreads, so I can totally see where she's coming from if or when it comes to how Amy was .. Like out of the black, and into the waves of blue. I've really grown to love Get Free because of that first, and the rest just sort of colored itself a beautiful track on the record. What a closer  :dafuq:

UV/Honeymoon

I don't think it is an Amy reference cus she's said that lyric before... remember in Hundred Dollar Bill she says "you turn my mood from black to blue" i think she just likes to reuse old lyrics occasionally i wouldn't read to much into it lmao, but interesting theory

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e