Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

imagine NOT wanting a folk album...

don't act like Chelsea Hotel, BAR, TNC, BPBP, WTWWAWSWWDDDNFN86888y66b, GBA, and STLALT never happened.

she's been deep rooted into folk for the longest time. AKA was literally prominently folk. Y'all constantly praise PSB, OSCYS, and several other aka era songs...

folk lana deserves to prosper and be in a cohesive album with it's family.

edit : plus i doubt it would be solid folk with every song being of the genre, we can see that with

BAR and WTWWAW she incorparated alternative into the folk style backbone. She can really

make a cohesive album with the backbone being simply folk. by folk i mean stripped down and similar to the

listed songs we've heard. by folk i expect her to follow the image and take the theme to the next level. i also expect

her to take that vintage LFL trailer idea and re-use it... a very vintage folk cute era would be SO GOOD. imagine her incorporating the strings we see in big eyes and i can fly, into the folk alternative genre... WOW... so many beautiful ballads would come out of that

STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES

Wow... a thinking mind here. Love it, love you

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJblfVBUfc/

marina liked a random "now shoot cherry music video" comment under this video

hmmmm

Let's be delusional for a second and envision a Cherry video with Lana and a girl gang of Lana's faves like Marina, Courtney, Stevie etc. and they all go kidnap their ex-lovers or something crazy  :defeated:

imagine NOT wanting a folk album...

don't act like Chelsea Hotel, BAR, TNC, BPBP, WTWWAWSWWDDDNFN86888y66b, GBA, and STLALT never happened.

she's been deep rooted into folk for the longest time. AKA was literally prominently folk. Y'all constantly praise PSB, OSCYS, and several other aka era songs...

folk lana deserves to prosper and be in a cohesive album with it's family.

edit : plus i doubt it would be solid folk with every song being of the genre, we can see that with

BAR and WTWWAW she incorparated alternative into the folk style backbone. She can really

make a cohesive album with the backbone being simply folk. by folk i mean stripped down and similar to the

listed songs we've heard. by folk i expect her to follow the image and take the theme to the next level. i also expect

her to take that vintage LFL trailer idea and re-use it... a very vintage folk cute era would be SO GOOD. imagine her incorporating the strings we see in big eyes and i can fly, into the folk alternative genre... WOW... so many beautiful ballads would come out of that

STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES

I totally agree with you! Lana's folkier tracks are some of my favourite of hers, and I really thought LFL would be more folkier, because Love does remind me of that 60's female power, anthemic folk sound, and her vocals at some points in the song sound very folky, as do BAR's. The aesthetic of the white dresses and minimal makeup and daisies in the hair look gave me a folky vibe.

I would love LDR6 to be folky - I feel like we may get that, as Bartender and Sylvia sound a little folky, Bartender sounds really southwestern-rock inspired based on the title, and BAR and Yosemite seem to have a folky deserty vibe too. And I would love for her to bring the prominent strings back! They've been absent on a lot of the songs on LFL, and when they do appear, they're quite muted.

Let's manifest this idea!

Tbh the genre doesn't even have to be folk. Not everything is limited to pop, rock and hip-hop either.

You got Shoegaze, Jazz, Dream Pop, Riot Grrrl, Ambient, Grunge, Melodic goth, Industrial, Disco, Ska Punk, Avant-Garde, New Wave, Delta Blues, Horrorcore, Funk, Rockabilly, Acid Rock etc.

There's so many genres Lana can venture into.. We already got enough of pop Lana, god knows why ya'll want more of that tbh.

Anyways, hopefully she'll do something completely diferent. It's kinda pointless fighting over the whole pop vs. folk thing when it's not even set in stone. :lolliney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Cherry MV's is Lana and Marina doing twerk, while they're wearing fruit dresses and a banana hat. FROOT era vibes

A concept. Bookmark me xx

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Tbh the genre doesn't even have to be folk. Not everything is limited to pop, rock and hip-hop either.

You got Shoegaze, Jazz, Dream Pop, Riot Grrrl, Ambient, Grunge, Melodic goth, Industrial, Disco, Ska Punk, Avant-Garde, New Wave, Delta Blues, Horrorcore, Funk, Rockabilly, Acid Rock etc.

There's so many genres Lana can venture into.. We already got enough of pop Lana, god knows why ya'll want more of that tbh.

Anyways, hopefully she'll do something completely diferent. It's kinda pointless fighting over the whole pop vs. folk thing when it's not even set in stone. :lolliney:

SHOEGAZE LANA NOW

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

I totally agree with you! Lana's folkier tracks are some of my favourite of hers, and I really thought LFL would be more folkier, because Love does remind me of that 60's female power, anthemic folk sound, and her vocals at some points in the song sound very folky, as do BAR's. The aesthetic of the white dresses and minimal makeup and daisies in the hair look gave me a folky vibe.

I would love LDR6 to be folky - I feel like we may get that, as Bartender and Sylvia sound a little folky, Bartender sounds really southwestern-rock inspired based on the title, and BAR and Yosemite seem to have a folky deserty vibe too. And I would love for her to bring the prominent strings back! They've been absent on a lot of the songs on LFL, and when they do appear, they're quite muted.

Let's manifest this idea!

I'll never understand how people fail to acknowledge Lana's folk excellence!!!

I'm sure someone said this already but I've been re-listening to Madonna's "Ray of Light" and I could see Lana doing this style - really cinematic with some trip electronica. Like, the song "Frozen" would sound awesome and feels like a natural progression... her style, but in a new direction.

She definitely won't, but so many songs I could see her doing - and the electronica production sounded so cool. 

I love it so much! It's so perfect for her and I find it one, if not the best, of her best genres! 

You truly are the wokest stan here.

In all honesty, folk is what Lana came from and I feel that after she ventured out so far into different genres over the years, with the occasional nod to her roots, it's time that she completely return to them , she said TNC was one of her favs from LFL and that it felt so right, as with the other folk tracks that she said made her happy and feel lighter. I think if she really followed through with it, it could completely submerge her into that happy place she said she wasn't in yet. 

You truly are the wokest stan here.

In all honesty, folk is what Lana came from and I feel that after she ventured out so far into different genres over the years, with the occasional nod to her roots, it's time that she completely return to them , she said TNC was one of her favs from LFL and that it felt so right simply because it felt like home to her.

Aww thanks! :) 

I couldn't have said it better myself. Even when Lana's imagery is folk-inspired I really live for it. I can honestly say that my favourite visuals she's served were the 2016 festival tour looks, the Love video, and the LFL album trailer. Even her outfits in the Freak video were quite folky, especially that green paisley blanket.

2016 really was Lana's peak folk era. Even though we didn't get any professional images done, to me, her casual looks, hair, etc. were quite folk inspired, especially the look at Lykke Li's party in April.

I love everything, from the visuals to the music, about folky Lana!

Aww thanks! :)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Even when Lana's imagery is folk-inspired I really live for it. I can honestly say that my favourite visuals she's served were the 2016 festival tour looks, the Love video, and the LFL album trailer. Even her outfits in the Freak video were quite folky, especially that green paisley blanket.

2016 really was Lana's peak folk era. Even though we didn't get any professional images done, to me, her casual looks, hair, etc. were quite folk inspired, especially the look at Lykke Li's party in April.

I love everything, from the visuals to the music, about folky Lana!

Yes !! Don't even get me started on her Madame Figaro France shoot from 2013 and the folksiness galore  :worship:  :worship:

image_14.jpg diaporamaphoto-lana-del-rey-04.jpg

de1040f422fe75ab81aa94efff74545b.jpg

I can say without hesitation that folk inspired Lana is always going to remain my favorite. I remember the day she put out CH and I just cried and cried and cried, hoping wishing and waiting for her to put out that Folk album she deserves

Yes !! Don't even get me started on her Madame Figaro France shoot from 2013 and the folksiness galore  :worship:  :worship:

image_14.jpg diaporamaphoto-lana-del-rey-04.jpg

de1040f422fe75ab81aa94efff74545b.jpg

I can say without hesitation that folk inspired Lana is always going to remain my favorite. I remember the day she put out CH and I just cried and cried and cried, hoping wishing and waiting for her to put out that Folk album she deserves

Is today TNC defense squad day? perfect

beautiful-young-woman-hippie-with-a-rifl