Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Y'ALL HATING DO REALIZE LANA SAID TNC IS IN HER "TOP 3 FAVORITE SONGS OFF THE ALBUM"

and that it felt "VERY MENT-TO-BE"

Lmao. And TLY was her favorite off of HM....But did she make more songs like it? NO. So your point?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

ew y'all so ugly for wanting a full folk album that sounds like TNC...like that shouldn't be the general consensus that's mass homophobia and I will not condone it, y'all want our girl to release a bum ass buckwheat trailmix oatmeal bar of an album

keep lana away from folk 2k18 challenge 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Lmao. And TLY was her favorite off of HM....But did she make more songs like it? NO. So your point?

well tly is more jazz and lfl isnt really jazzy, 13 beaches is pretty powerful in the same kind of sense imo like sentimental ballad "style"

my point is, tnc is also my one of MY favs and id like to hear more like it 

and i really enjoy her singing duets with someone like Sean

IN FACT, I wish she'd do something similar to what Robert Plant & Alison Krauss did with their Grammy winning album Raising Sand

(LANA IF YOU SEE THIS I SAID IT FIRST) 

e1s11.gif

I really appreciate this post because it makes the LFL era alot less messy for me, and what you said makes alot of sense. The way she talked about some of the songs did suggest that she's trying to expand her audience or atleast her label wants her to. Like with LFL (song) how it was supposed to be a hit with the extensive work they did on it, but what doesn't make sense is that there wasn't enough promo to back all of that . Like what is the point of going towards a commerical sound if you have no intention to make use of it. Some radio airplay and a few TV performances would've helped alot. I do think the features helped her out a bit, you would see in the comments of summer bummer, many people saying they came for ASAP but they became fans of Lana, same with LFL and the weeknd. And there wasn't any real decline in sales from the HM era. With that being said, the streams and sales were actually great for an album w no promo (imo), for example. the album sold similarly to Lorde's Melodrama which was her second album that had promo and LFL is Lana's fifth, also LFL was the first era since BTD/Young and beautiful to for a video to go over 100 million views. 

But sales matter alot less than the quality of the album, and I think this album will go down as a classic in the alternative world as the era when Lana turned towards an optimistic mind space. What's nice about the messy aesthetic is that we don't get a boring album and it has a variety of sound.

Sure, np! I remember how in the pre-release thread how everyone was kinda iffy on how te album was called LFL without the promo, and how it made it ironically lifeless bc of that. There were moments when we got all these magazine covers and entries, but it all sort of garbled everything up bc of the different dates they were mentioning til the July 21st fam comment. So I get how fans felt a bit reprimanded and let down. To then lead to the last minute changes. I personally think that yeah she wanted to make this one as special as can be. Having those features to draw more people in, adding Change last minute (I honestly wonder where it's home video is)

It easily couldve gone either way with the album, but she chose something more collective, with variety, bc she somehow knew that she had more of a responsibility for all the intrigue she was causing. Kinda like branching out after her truest to self record HM

Not from LFL, but I was listening to Bel Air just dozing and I personally see the record as her Ariel part of your world moment, coming through to just say that she's here, more present with us

Imagine, yeah how much livelier it would've been if she actually had more live performances while everything was happening. But I guess she's letting the record speak for itself right now.

UV/Honeymoon

ew y'all so ugly for wanting a full folk album that sounds like TNC...like that shouldn't be the general consensus that's mass homophobia and I will not condone it, y'all want our girl to release a bum ass buckwheat trailmix oatmeal bar of an album

More skinny opinions from a skinny legend, you're doing amazing sweetie :oprah:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

lanas roots are at folk music. there's nowhere else for her to go besides full on pop [the ugly way] or folk [the skinny way]

that's all i have to say.

Girl there are still SO much directions she can go soundwise. That Jamie xx collab, a tropical WFL sounding album, acoustic like you said, or even entirely orchestral like that Love demo. Hell, maybe even a combination of all of these.

I don't think Lana's current songwriting/production style is strong enough to carry an entire folk album without it becoming a snoozefest.

I really like some of her old folk songs like bad disease, junky pride, there's nothing to be sorry about, blizzard, in wendy etc. Those are all lovely

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The'yre both folk inspired, so it really doesn't matter.

hqdefault.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

If she does decide to do folk, all we can hope is that it leaks and she scraps it.

I think she’s gonna go slightly more pop, we just need new producers. BUT the track titles so far sound very folk so I’m scared