Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I was listening to an album that had a song titled 'Home of the Brave' and I lowkey feel like that's the title of one the political outtakes :diva:

It's the perfect Lana title. Omg imagine if its lyrics were those lines she teased during the HM era

Lana Del Rey - Home of the Brave

Living in the land of honeymoons and oil tycoons

God bless America, the land of pink champagne and purple rain

A song! :eartha:

When the World Was at War, I Was at Coachella found dead in a ditch

I really need her to release something new.

Hmmm, I wanna hear some ideas about her next album (video ideas, album cover, genre, etc.).

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Wanna hear something funny

White Mustang was my sprint to the restroom song at I think it was 12 concerts (so far) in the last year (including Terminal5)

and never missed being back for the next song

lol

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I still strongly feel that so much can be done with this album. It's a solid anthology of where she is now, and even if you can't agree how whether or not the album is as cohesive or compares to something that even could've just been, the music on it's got variety for a purpose. To gain a stronger, wider demographic, while trying to keep her fans happy.

I remember her mentioning how this record, for the first time was specifically for us, as she was writing it and talking about it in interviews. I think it did it's job, and reflects how the social scope of U.S. is through her. 

The only problem is that she hasn't really been fleshing out her art for us, for us to better vibe with, even more than she hasn't from previous albums. So I wonder what'll happen after Cherry.

.... and what the fanbase will make of it

UV/Honeymoon

I still strongly feel that so much can be done with this album. It's a solid anthology of where she is now, and even if you can't agree how whether or not the album is as cohesive or compares to something that even could've just been, the music on it's got variety for a purpose. To gain a stronger, wider demographic, while trying to keep her fans happy.

I remember her mentioning how this record, for the first time was specifically for us, as she was writing it and talking about it in interviews. I think it did it's job, and reflects how the social scope of U.S. is through her. 

The only problem is that she hasn't really been fleshing out her art for us, for us to better vibe with, even more than she hasn't from previous albums. So I wonder what'll happen after Cherry.

.... and what the fanbase will make of it

I really appreciate this post because it makes the LFL era alot less messy for me, and what you said makes alot of sense. The way she talked about some of the songs did suggest that she's trying to expand her audience or atleast her label wants her to. Like with LFL (song) how it was supposed to be a hit with the extensive work they did on it, but what doesn't make sense is that there wasn't enough promo to back all of that . Like what is the point of going towards a commerical sound if you have no intention to make use of it. Some radio airplay and a few TV performances would've helped alot. I do think the features helped her out a bit, you would see in the comments of summer bummer, many people saying they came for ASAP but they became fans of Lana, same with LFL and the weeknd. And there wasn't any real decline in sales from the HM era. With that being said, the streams and sales were actually great for an album w no promo (imo), for example. the album sold similarly to Lorde's Melodrama which was her second album that had promo and LFL is Lana's fifth, also LFL was the first era since BTD/Young and beautiful to for a video to go over 100 million views. 

But sales matter alot less than the quality of the album, and I think this album will go down as a classic in the alternative world as the era when Lana turned towards an optimistic mind space. What's nice about the messy aesthetic is that we don't get a boring album and it has a variety of sound.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I think this next era is going to be want LFL was intended to be.

Tbh I wouldn't mind if she ditches the happy theme. I don't want her to feel like she has to make music that shows some type of resolve just because it's what this album explored. I feel like Get Free was enough of a statement to end this era on a proper note.

I am okay with all the songs of the album except - Summer Bummer, Change & Love. These 3 songs are so lame & unbearable.

oh no change im so sorry baby, its one of the best song

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

Tbh I wouldn't mind if she ditches the happy theme. I don't want her to feel like she has to make music that shows some type of resolve just because it's what this album explored. I feel like Get Free was enough of a statement to end this era on a proper note.

Yeah I agree. She already seems to be ditching the happy thing, and being politically aware thing. I mean remeber when she said she didn't feel comfortable having american flags at her shows, but were back to having the big american flag showing while she sings born to die. Plus she's added National Anthem back to her setlist. I think it's interesting seeing her changes she's been making. I hope we get more optimistic music instead of happy music. Which is kind of what we got on LFL.

I think this next era is going to be what LFL was intended to be.

FOKLK FOLK FOLK FOLK FOKL FOLK FOLKF FOLK FOLK FOKL FOLK

giphy.gif  @salvatore

GLUE ON YOUR WIGS AND GET YOUR FUCKIG FOLK ON LADIES, THE BEST AMERICAN RECORD IS COMING

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Best American Record

3. Yosemite

4. Wild One

5. Sylvia

6. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon) [Re-Release]

7. Bartender

8. You Must Love Me

9. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks) [Re-Release]

10. Cactus (feat. The Foo Fighters)

IS COMINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

giphy.gif

I will stan anything she releases besides a folk album. Ugh yikes I really really really hope not. A song or two is fine but a whole album will be such a snooze.

Thank you for your story, you're so brave. Y'all had the last 5 albums. Now let us have this  :crossed:

what's the tea on this @ihatenewlana account , they're not legit... right?

EDIT : another annoying faggot pretending to be exclusive then playing it off as a joke

yeah its honeydelgranttttt lol 

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

what's the tea on this @ihatenewlana account , they're not legit... right?

EDIT : another annoying faggot pretending to be exclusive then playing it off as a joke

Just more attention seeking lol. I reported them for spamming :slayty:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif