Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

"and it wasn't even that good" was a cute thing she did i don't think wm is about g easy tho. 

"like my copyrights" does that mean pwyc is about her battling legal issues? 

i mean i know that wm is much newer but still coachella isn't even in summer so y'all just talking yourself into more issues the more you try to convince me it is about greazy  :makeup:

on another note can we talk about how haynie wasn't credited on wm despite obviously working on it? and if you guys are right and both inm and wm are about greazy and were produced at the same time then god save god emile for making a great instrumental while inm sounds like smth out of a 3hrs logic session from some youtube producers.

okay tea is the instrumental isn't thaaaat bad but it sounds more like a demo than coachella and the ugly vocal production doesn't help either.

I agree that WM isn't about geazy

But Emile probably chose not to do WM and focus on better songs :hooker:

I was listening to mashups and holy fuck Lana should make a full pop album and work more with Max Martin (although he screwed up LFL song lyrically but he made it amazing sonically)

also this is evidence for why we need a collab with Ariana plus lana likes her music anyways

This sounds amazing! 

Tbh I would be here for Lana going full pop, lets be honest its not like it would be exactly like other pop on the radio now, it would still be in Lana's style.

Cherry with this production sounds so good, this is a good example!

qsVmBMd.png

What could've been  :poordat:

eRMFRCu.jpg

Add in Groupie Love and this is the perfect tracklist, cut out the fat and filler and the wasted potential and we'd have this masterpiece (WM, IMF, BPBP) :omg: this is gorgeous

i feel like she's way too old and mature to pull that off. it just wouldn't work. 

This, as much as I love her more pop unreleased songs those were recorded pre 2012 for the most part, she was in her mid-late twenties and was able to pull off a fitting baby voice, while she can still do a version of the voice I don't think I can visualize Lana, a woman who'd be 33-35 by release of said album making songs with the same topics and tone as she did an entire decade prior- it would come off SO weird to anybody not already fans of her. That's why the idea of the 25 unreleased is more feasible, as it's just recognizing her past projects rather than making similar songs.

Like if she were to make songs like BBM Baby, Dynamite, or Back To The Basics it would feel so out of place, I feel like the closest she could do is Every Man Gets His Wish with a more retro pop feel (whistling) and nostalgiac story telling with cheeky youthful lyrics- but EMGHW at face value is still too juvenile (not in a bad way entirely) for her.

Was this discussed? Deep stuff

uoqenbaxzmg01.jpg

Stargirl made a theory post in hella depth about this before Lana even confirmed it, proving SG is incredible :creep: 

I was listening to mashups and holy fuck Lana should make a full pop album and work more with Max Martin (although he screwed up LFL song lyrically but he made it amazing sonically)

also this is evidence for why we need a collab with Ariana plus lana likes her music anyways

This is so good  :crying: I feel like I should be watching the opening credits of a James Bond movie!

giphy-1.gif 

Which lyrics do you think she kept from Malibu, if she even kept parts of that song.

i doubt any, however if I had to guess I'd like to think she said this at some point

"out of the black, into the blue waters of malibu"

and maybe name dropped Get Free, even if just a simple lyric. 

I really do wonder what was seemingly so personal and yet so specific she put in the song to make her scrap it out of fear of it being leaked or found though- I wanna say something with Rob as she openly stated she wasn't ready at the time and she finally revealed the facts of one of her most personal songs, even more important that it was on tour dates in which she looks the happiest she's publicly been in years too- maybe she was finally ready to spread some information? 

i doubt any, however if I had to guess I'd like to think she said this at some point

"out of the black, into the blue waters of malibu"

and maybe name dropped Get Free, even if just a simple lyric. 

I really do wonder what was seemingly so personal and yet so specific she put in the song to make her scrap it out of fear of it being leaked or found though- I wanna say something with Rob as she openly stated she wasn't ready at the time and she finally revealed the facts of one of her most personal songs, even more important that it was on tour dates in which she looks the happiest she's publicly been in years too- maybe she was finally ready to spread some information?

Ugh that line actually sounds so good though even though Get Free is already iconic

Out of the black

Into the blue

Waters of Malibuuuuu

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

If Lana Del Rey released Lust For Life with songs like Love, 13 Beaches, Cherry (without the unnecessary swearing), White Mustang (a longer version), Groupie Love (without ASAP Rocky), In My Feelings, God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It, When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Change and Get Free, used pictures from the Neil Krug photoshoot (including the one I have as my current avatar) and added Roses Bloom For You to the tracklist, I think LFL would've been one of my favourite LDR albums. But I have to admit that at this point, I don't even listen to Lust For Life, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love and Coachella anymore. In general, this album has lost it's appeal to me. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to the release of this album.