Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

The only G-Eazy songs are White Mustang & In My Feelings, arguably Cherry but thats a topic she's sung about forever

Best American Record was written in 2015/2016 n leaked Jan 2017... Lana hadn't even been seen w G until post-coachella lmfao

there's a possibility she could share the sentiment of BAR and relate it to G on top of her previous lovers but it was not written for or about G-Eazy. 

and I doubt she'd put that much weight on the song to not release it along with Yosemite- at this point in her career I really doubt she'd let some ex dictate her release schedule in any way shape or form

THIS IS CONVINCING

But his record came out in December so Lana wouldn't have known whether his record was good or not

I do think that BAR might be about G-Sleazy tho

he might've had her hear his record in the making tho since they were dating and she was seen w him in his studio

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I think White Mustang and BAR are mostly about Barrie...I mean look at that guy in the video. It looks a lot like Barrie

yeah i think like people but way too much weight into that 3 weeks long hook up relationship. wm just has a common theme that she already sang about multiple times it's like she made up some characters taking things from different people so it's more ambiguous but ultimately autobiographical at the same time.

i76mrxw.png 

The only G-Eazy songs are White Mustang & In My Feelings, arguably Cherry but thats a topic she's sung about forever

Best American Record was written in 2015/2016 n leaked Jan 2017... Lana hadn't even been seen w G until post-coachella lmfao

there's a possibility she could share the sentiment of BAR and relate it to G on top of her previous lovers but it was not written for or about G-Eazy. 

and I doubt she'd put that much weight on the song to not release it along with Yosemite- at this point in her career I really doubt she'd let some ex dictate her release schedule in any way shape or form

When did she say BAR was closely related to white mustang? BAR and Yosemite are the ying/yang

And she likely hadn't even met g eazy when she wrote this in 2016. It was an early song to a different version of ldr5, one that was without the influence of her fling with g eazy

The only impact he had was IMF

THIS IS CONVINCING

But his record came out in December so Lana wouldn't have known whether his record was good or not

I do think that BAR might be about G-Sleazy tho

Hmm good points!

I was just thinking about the song today while having lunch and this came up.

But then no.

yeah i think like people but way too much weight into that 3 weeks long hook up relationship. wm just has a common theme that she already sang about multiple times it's like she made up some characters taking things from different people so it's more ambiguous but ultimately autobiographical at the same time.

Right she’s dated so many musicians, it’s probably about all of them and none of them at the same time.

do you have any sources for this im not ready to let go of my belief that BAR is an UV outtake

I'm 50% sure Eclipse or whoever leaked it said it was newer, and not to mention Lana stated in her BBC1 Radio (iirc) that BAR n Yosemite were yin n yang, Yosemite being cut from LfL etc. 

My personal opinion is-

Lana threw in two red herrings recently

(not just one but two).

I will leave it to others to decide/decode

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I remember for sure she did the G sign while singing IMF..what did she say about WM? I can’t watch it right now

i cant seem to find it so maybe i'm wrong about WM.. but i'm sure i've read some comments about it. I guess what makes WM seem to be about Eazy is the lyrics and how it's about a short summer fling and also something about him owning a Mustang. Maybe someone knows more?

i cant seem to find it so maybe i'm wrong about WM.. but i'm sure i've read some comments about it. I guess what makes WM seem to be about Eazy is the lyrics and how it's about a short summer fling and also something about him owning a Mustang. Maybe someone knows more?

Who knows? I could be wrong too...the one thing line that makes me think it’s not about Barrie is when she says “didn’t call when I got your number” cause that’s not how Barrie and her met...hmmm

I remember for sure she did the G sign while singing IMF..what did she say about WM? I can’t watch it right now

I think at one of the shows she sang "the day your record dropped- and it wasn't even that good"

Both Barrie and G-Eazy released albums at one point but I'm convinced WM is about G-Eazy. Like @graham said, it's possible she could have been referring to both of them in some lines as well. In Architecture, which is like 99% about Barrie, she mentions Bill out of nowhere in the bridge. I just realized that BP is probably about Barrie too :(

They sounded like they were already on rocky territory in 2013 given songs like Black Beauty, Fine China, Is This Happiness and Shades of Cool so I wonder how it exactly went down. BP was from 2015 and it sounds like she was still hung up on him a bit </3

"and it wasn't even that good" was a cute thing she did i don't think wm is about g easy tho. 

"like my copyrights" does that mean pwyc is about her battling legal issues? 

i mean i know that wm is much newer but still coachella isn't even in summer so y'all just talking yourself into more issues the more you try to convince me it is about greazy  :makeup:

on another note can we talk about how haynie wasn't credited on wm despite obviously working on it? and if you guys are right and both inm and wm are about greazy and were produced at the same time then god save god emile for making a great instrumental while inm sounds like smth out of a 3hrs logic session from some youtube producers.

okay tea is the instrumental isn't thaaaat bad but it sounds more like a demo than coachella and the ugly vocal production doesn't help either.

i76mrxw.png 

Lana followed Anna biller who directed the love witch and makes movies in old Hollywood aesthetic. Will the cherry music video actually be high budget old vintage? Btw the love witch is a great movie it looks straight out of the 60s

Lana followed Anna biller who directed the love witch and makes movies in old Hollywood aesthetic. Will the cherry music video actually be high budget old vintage? Btw the love witch is a great movie it looks straight out of the 60s

OH MY GOD IF ANNA BILLER DIRECTS SOMETHING OF LANAS

how good would Lana and Samantha Robinson be together in video