Mista Midnight

If Lana were to make a sequel album which one would you pick?

Visually, Born to Die. Loved the whole aesthetic.. big hair, lush music videos, overall super Hollywood glamour.

Sonically, Ultraviolence, of course! I really miss the heavy guitars & overall live-band sound with jazz influences.

Would love to see those two eras combined somehow.

S A M E

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Ultraviolence.

Loved the sound. Loved her raccoon eyes. Loved the over-all feeling

I'd say Born To Die as well, but I kinda think of Paradise of the sequel to that so we already have it... and Honeymoon is gorgeous, but it contains the least favourites of mine in it so I'm not sure if I would like another one with similar sound. And the songs in LFL are all very different so I'm not sure how the sequel would sound like. One more hip-hop inspired song? More trap beats?

But it would be interesting to hear what AKA would sound like today, as she's older and have different thoughts in her mind + more access to a proper studio and producers.

But ultimately, I agree to this comment:

I'm content with the fact thats shes always "reinventing" herself

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ultraviolence - rock Lana is the best Lana and she should further explore this sound. Heroin definitly has this violent, hot l feeling a lot of UV tracks had and Cherry is a bit reminiscent of Pretty When You Cry's emotional rawness. The more rock-ish live versions of some of her tracks are bliss aswell.

So yeah, UV is definitly a sound she should revisit for another album. Not in a 2.0 kind of way, but more as a more grown and mature approach to that sound.

also bc, in my opinion, UV was unfinished, i need an proper ending

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I would have to say Ultraviolence ONLY for the sound. I am kind of over the longing whining lyrics, even though I love the album soo much. I just dont want a legit sequel to it in the lyrics.

Lyrically Id love for Lust for Life or Honeymoon to mix in with that UV sound but i have no idea if that would even work... AKA WOULD THO 

Paradise.

damn I wanna change my answer now

an Ultraviolence part two called "Radiance" that reflects on

her depression and drug abuse, looking back from a better

point in her life. lots of disco-influenced pop rock stuff

and up beat music likeher lizzy grant days. honestly just

want an album in which she redoes all her unreleased bops tbh

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

I would love a Honeymoon Pt.2 where she takes on lyrically the kind of psycho lover she is on that album and build on the sound of where it left off  ! A sound similar to 13 Beaches i think could make an amazing sequel to Honeymoon 

like said before i miss btd's strong visuals with beautiful ambitious music videos but it think that era has been done with kind of, sonically and storytelling wise it would be UV (on a lesser extent) and LFL. LFL feels unfinished and i need some closure on it, i listened to bar (is it a demo?) and i loved it so much i didn't expect that . it just clicked!  so as of now both heroin and bar's instrumentals aren't the strongest but these two are going to be among my faves lana songs? 

edit because autocorrect is a b

like said before i miss btd's strong visuals with beautiful ambitious music videos but it think that era has been done with kind of, sonically and storytelling wise it would be UV (on a lesser extend) and LFL. LFL feels unfinished and i need some close on it, i listened to bar (is it a demo?) and i loved it so much i didn't except that . it just clicked!  so as of now both heroin and bar's instrumentals aren't the strongest but these two are going to be among my faves lana songs? 

This. 

I wouldn't mind a sort of B sides album when it comes to UV, and I'd love for her to extend Lust For Life with a second part to it too, preferably with more visuals. 

Also, on another note. I'd think Honeymoon is just too perfectly cohesive on its own, so I don't think it'd add anything to the records if it were to happen

UV/Honeymoon

Ultraviolence because there's even more that she could do with it. It has sooo much potential. I don't think she's going in that direction for her next album, though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

born to die forever.

Not everybody might agree that it's miss Del Rey's best work but i'm sure everybody will agree that it has the most diverse themes and aesthetics.

giphy.gif

Ultraviolence. Just more of that rock/jazz influence.

Born To Die was amazing and beautiful, but it was a long era and as someone said before, Paradise was like the sequel to it. Also, I feel like Lust For Life is like Honeymoon 2.0 but somewhat cheery and with some hip hop thrown it.  

:sluttybunny:🌧️

i feel like some albums in her discography are already like sequels/ sister albums. i would have said LFL and Ocean Blvd. but I feel like OB is the matured sister of LFL lol. 

I would do Honeymoon and Ultraviolence ❤️🔥 super amazing concepts, i wish there was more for honeymoon tbh