bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

On 1/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

this label contract really fucked her up… she used to be so much more consistent in her releases when she was independent

I don't know what they're expecting tbh. Even with all the TikTok hype Coconuts didn't pull any numbers out of the ordinary for Kim.

If they wanted to play the waiting game & try to expand Kim's market, they shouldn't have announced an album that will probably most likely not come out until Summer 2022.

I consider myself a Kim Stan and I’ve honestly been so bored with her lately zzzz

After the Clarity era it’s like nothing is clicking with me anymore, it all sounds the same or something I can’t explain lol… I’m bored. 

Hoping for some surprises soon or something interesting…

edit: although I do love her Jenny cover :party:

i don’t understand why every song she released in 2017 and 18 was a masterpiece and now her music doesn’t do anything for me. it’s like she had the perfect formula, lyrics, voice, music videos, etc. and then it all went to shit. she’s had a few decent songs here and there ever since then but nothing that blows me away

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, sack said:

i don’t understand why every song she released in 2017 and 18 was a masterpiece and now her music doesn’t do anything for me. it’s like she had the perfect formula, lyrics, voice, music videos, etc. and then it all went to shit. she’s had a few decent songs here and there ever since then but nothing that blows me away

(This is just my opinion obviously) But i kinda feel like she spent years on perfecting the first songs she released since she took a few years off between her first EP (That went nowhere and eventually got pulled off streaming services) and I Don't Want It At All and nowadays she just releases pretty much anything she records right away so she can't perfect it as much and reflect on it. So her new songs (Even tho her last two singles were really good imo) obviously suffer from it

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 1/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, Townie said:

(This is just my opinion obviously) But i kinda feel like she spent years on perfecting the first songs she released since she took a few years off between her first EP (That went nowhere and eventually got pulled off streaming services) and I Don't Want It At All and nowadays she just releases pretty much anything she records right away so she can't perfect it as much and reflect on it. So her new songs (Even tho her last two singles were really good imo) obviously suffer from it

that makes sense, her first era definitely seems more thought out than her recent stuff. she has a lot of potential and her voice is out of this world so i hope she puts extra time and thought into her next project, though i’m sure her label plays a big part in how fast she has to release music

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

i used to call her a “pop scientist” because the girl can genuinely write a good, catchy hook. but i rarely even revisit a few clarity tracks… cus damn is she gatekeeping that talent or what?!?!  Heart of Mine era was such a missed opportunity for an even bigger debut. honestly if she were to release era 1 on 2xLP she would be set up for a good enough amount of time to take a hiatus and return with something rly well crafted. :true:

10 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

It truly was horrendous how era 1 was never released on cd and vinyl....a TRAGEDY :facepalm:....also having Clarity on cd would be nice....:defeated:

does anyone want me to make cd inserts for both? :hooker:

i mean i'm gonna do it anyways for me but might as well post them :hooker:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

does anyone want me to make cd inserts for both? :hooker:

i mean i'm gonna do it anyways for me but might as well post them :hooker:

already posted them in my own art thread but i'm gonna post them here too :sass:

if you wanna print them they're in 600 dpi so convert them to 300 dpi first

BgJYVEi.jpg

BvISCSa.jpg

The music video made me dislike Coconuts even more wtf :facepalm: 

Sad she didn't make CDs for Era 1Clarity and Turn Off the Light, so I guess I'll have to make them by myself too lol.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

The music video made me dislike Coconuts even more wtf :facepalm: 

Sad she didn't make CDs for Era 1Clarity and Turn Off the Light, so I guess I'll have to make them by myself too lol.

i made back inserts for the first 2 a couple posts ago :makeup:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i made back inserts for the first 2 a couple posts ago :makeup:

I know! I'm def using the Clarity one - as I printed my Era 1 a couple months ago :defeated: they're amazing! Thanks for sharing

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: