Elle

Interview with World Cafe

LMAOOOOOO where interviewer says how first line of 13 beaches really grabbed her and asked Lana to just say the words... and then she starts sining "it took 13 beaches..." and interviewer was talking about the soundbite from the movie  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  and after lana sang it she was just like ....yeah anyway I love the sample at the beginning the I don't belong in the world part

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

lmao i've noticed lana never really answers questions, she goes on these tangents and ends up way away from what the interviewer asked

Exactly

https://www.spin.com/2017/05/lana-del-rey-elle-uk-cover-story-interview/ She DM-ed them on twitter saying ''go fuck yourself'' because of this article but...girl that is the truth you basically said nothing in that interview..I don't wanna be mean or anything but 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Exactly

https://www.spin.com/2017/05/lana-del-rey-elle-uk-cover-story-interview/ She DM-ed them on twitter saying ''go fuck yourself'' because of this article but...girl that is the truth you basically said nothing in that interview..I don't wanna be mean or anything but

I can see how that would be offensive. I'm sure the writer didn't mean any harm in it but it's kind of rude that her talking about her wellbeing and finding happiness got brushed off as "nothing important" or as something irrelevant.

I can see how that would be offensive. I'm sure the writer didn't mean any harm in it but it's kind of rude that her talking about her wellbeing and finding happiness got brushed off as "nothing important" or as something irrelevant.

Yeah, that's true

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Exactly

https://www.spin.com/2017/05/lana-del-rey-elle-uk-cover-story-interview/ She DM-ed them on twitter saying ''go fuck yourself'' because of this article but...girl that is the truth you basically said nothing in that interview..I don't wanna be mean or anything but 

Nope nope nope nope.

They said that over fragments of her interview. I mean, the magazine hadn't hit the shelves and the magazine only published small parts of the interview.

They didn't judge over the whole thing, they judged over small bits of an interview thinking it was the WHOLE interview.

She was right telling them to fuck themselves

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

It's too long an interview so if someone has listened to it already, please let me know if she discusses something important/new about upcoming plans/projects or is it yet another interview with her talking about the collabs. on LFL & her pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

It's too long an interview so if someone has listened to it already, please let me know if she discusses something important/new about upcoming plans/projects or is it yet another interview with her talking about the collabs. on LFL & her pseudo-intellectual bullshit?

Nothing about future projects..just the usual stuff that we already know

@ these ignorant ugly interviewers and their dumbass overused questions

HrnCxnC.gif

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed this interview. This interviewer/journalist was very smart and clearly knew more than the average journalist about Lana. She had some really good insights to Lana's work that Lana herself was surprised about and agreed with. I think this fanbase keeps forgetting that interviews aren't for niche topics that only internet stans know about. It's for general conversation about recent projects and stuff. World Cafe is an NPR radio show, do we really expect casual listeners to care about niche topics that we want to hear about? 

I think we keep forgetting that general promo is not for the fans, it's for the GP giphy.gif

I liked to hear that she was trying to base LFL off the song Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by the Shirelles, and I liked how she mentioned that Jeff Buckley probably has that 6th sense she was talking about (when off on a tangent with the 'witchy sisters' thing again).

And as someone who's life literally revolves around trees, I was SO STOKED to hear lana confess she is also a dork for trees

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed this interview. This interviewer/journalist was very smart and clearly knew more than the average journalist about Lana. She had some really good insights to Lana's work that Lana herself was surprised about and agreed with. I think this fanbase keeps forgetting that interviews aren't for niche topics that only internet stans know about. It's for general conversation about recent projects and stuff. World Cafe is an NPR radio show, do we really expect casual listeners to care about niche topics that we want to hear about? 

I think we keep forgetting that general promo is not for the fans, it's for the GP giphy.gif

SLAY US KING

my quip w/ this interview isn't with the interviewer, but with Lana. i thought the interviewer was actually very intelligent, and seemed to constantly be trying to steer the conversation into deeper, more analytical territory re: interpreting the Lana Written Word, but lana's answers were just straight up nonsensical. like i literally felt the interviewer become flabbergasted bc she wasn't expecting Lana's word vomit and didn't know how to recover/respond. it was tangibly awkward. like i love our girl but i've noticed this for a while... :rip:

my quip w/ this interview isn't with the interviewer, but with Lana. i thought the interviewer was actually very intelligent, and seemed to constantly be trying to steer the conversation into deeper, more analytical territory re: interpreting the Lana Written Word, but lana's answers were just straight up nonsensical. like i literally felt the interviewer become flabbergasted bc she wasn't expecting Lana's word vomit and didn't know how to recover/respond. it was tangibly awkward. like i love our girl but i've noticed this for a while... :rip:

Oh my god I adore her verbal diarrhea can't wait to listen to this one

What the fuck is the interviewer on about at the beginning?

I text my sister that I was interviewing you and replied "I thought she was a hologram!".. I think a lot of people think Lana is a hologram

:deadbanana: bizarre

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

What the fuck is the interviewer on about at the beginning?

:deadbanana: bizarre

Must be the same demographic that eats Tide Pods lol!

I really enjoyed it myself as well. It’s nice to have an intelligent person ask interesting questions instead of the usual this or that. Lana is always a little dodgy but I really liked the flow of this interview. The whole Weinstein pause was so awkward though. I thought it was really cute when she was talking about Rolling Stone and said the whole hey or listen up buddy thing. I can’t recall the exact words. Also someone already mentioned it but I loved the whole tidbit about the pines!