Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

God's & Monsters is a perfect piece of art & I know we won't be getting such explicit & iconic songs after Lust For Life - cause she's making 'music for the kids now'.

For years i dreaded the day she'd have babies and start singing cheesy songs about them, little did i know she'd pre empt that and adopt the whole fan base

Not that Love was cheesy, but non maternal Lana was the shit and I'll miss her

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

If Lana was trying to be woke as much as folks act like she is, she wouldn't have released the masterpiece that is Heroin.

She probably censored that song a lot more than we realise, i bet if she made the track during born to die/paradise/UV era it would be much more dark and twisted

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

im jealous of your new avi

Thank u :kiss: I'm not sure if it's an edit though..but as soon as I saw it I fell in love

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

@@Tragic Rabbit

I get your point too, just doesn’t bother me as much it seems.
But is it self-censorship or is it true personal growth?
Is she trying to be woke as you said, or just feels different personally without outside influences?
These are the questions I have..
Also don’t think she can censor herself out of creativity

Thank u :kiss: I'm not sure if it's an edit though..but as soon as I saw it I fell in love

i think its from the Tropico shoot with just flowers edited on her head. either way i love it

Yea i hated maternal lana ever since love came out, and I remember posting (after I gave in and listened to it) about how BAR was reassuring because it sounded more selfish and traditional lana, so I thought that the rest of the album would also carry that and love was just the anomaly

Fast forward 13 months and she's teased a song called happiness is a butterfly which mentions her babies on tourlyfe (and for that I blame the entourage of gays that followed her to every show)

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

i hate that she said she edits herself now rather than just writing down her stuff diary style like she used to....and honestly i feel like her happiness during LFL was very forced like the cover looks like she had someone holding a gun to her head and said smile idk it just looked so forced

For years i dreaded the day she'd have babies and start singing cheesy songs about them, little did i know she'd pre empt that and adopt the whole fan base

Not that Love was cheesy, but non maternal Lana was the shit and I'll miss her

I hope happiness is a butterfly isn't her attempt at a Love 2.0. Love is amazing, and I think like all of her material, doesn't need a to be recreated. I don't want another BTD. I don't want another Ultraviolence. I don't want another LFL. Same with everything she's done. I want the next best thing she comes up with.

Yea i hated maternal lana ever since love came out, and I remember posting (after I gave in and listened to it) about how BAR was reassuring because it sounded more selfish and traditional lana, so I thought that the rest of the album would also carry that and love was just the anomaly

Fast forward 13 months and she's teased a song called happiness is a butterfly which mentions her babies on tourlyfe (and for that I blame the entourage of gays that followed her to every show)

Imagine thinking like this :wtf:

giphy.gif

i wonder if she listens to the whole song when she posts a new snippet......like before lfl was released imagine driving past lana and hearing half of white mustang or something im just curious