Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

uv debuted at no1, had a great first week + it's her second best selling record + wc was a radio hit

It still underperformed. West Coast was a radio hit where? Nobody I know has ever heard it until I play it. Like I said, it’s my favorite era. Doesn’t change the numbers compared to what was expected. I’d love another Dan Auerbach produced record but idk if we’ll ever heard another one of those from her.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It still underperformed. West Coast was a radio hit where? Nobody I know has ever heard it until I play it. Like I said, it’s my favorite era. Doesn’t change the numbers compared to what was expected. I’d love another Dan Auerbach produced record but idk if we’ll ever heard another one of those from her.

it would be an "underperformance" if she promoted it. she literally acted like she was an indie act and did nothing to promote the record. so the numbers are rather impressive  :D also it wasn't what people/fans expected from her musically. and yes wc was played a lot on alt/rock radio. <3 we love a hit maker

it would be an "underperformance" if she promoted it. she literally acted like she was an indie act and did nothing to promote the record. so the numbers are rather impressive  :D also it wasn't what people/fans expected from her musically. and yes wc was played a lot on alt/rock radio. <3 we love a hit maker

we need that again

we need that again

it was literally the most pretentious thing ever, please no

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

im making a thread on what MY ideal LDR6 would be on twitter

https://twitter.com/digitalpiss/status/983122085643014144

I know we've talked about it in other threads before, but your taste is perfect. These visuals and this tracklist is the record I NEED from Lana. Folkna needs to happen, it's her roots and it really is perfect for a lighter hearted album that still stays true to Lana's vintage aesthetic!

We need to manifest this into reality.

I think it's going to be about Lana's struggle with finding happiness, and the things she does to find happiness

"Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."

You're totally right, remember when she replied on instagram and said "I have fun making the songs" well in HiaB there's the line "I hum it on the phone like every night" so that's that  :glasses:

giphy.gif

I would rather have something like UV that was art and maybe didn't achieve as much commercial success than for lana to write what she thought the GP wanted to hear (trap beats) and compromise her art and vision

You're totally right, remember when she replied on instagram and said "I have fun making the songs" well in HiaB there's the line "I hum it on the phone like every night" so that's that  :glasses:

Yes! I think the whole song is about what makes her happy, like singing on tour, making music, etc. and her struggle over the years finding happiness.

I would rather have something like UV that was art and maybe didn't achieve as much commercial success than for lana to write what she thought the GP wanted to hear (trap beats) and compromise her art and vision

I like Lana's hip hop influence, and it's always been there, and was even there in Ultra. I just don't love the overuse of generic (emphasis on GENERIC) trap. I mean if she is really stuck on trap, maybe she should try to go for a more moody 90's vibe, or that really dark southern Memphis/Atlanta sound. I still want to hear her do something really grand and jazzy.

I like Lana's hip hop influence, and it's always been there, and was even there in Ultra. I just don't love the overuse of generic (emphasis on GENERIC) trap. I mean if she is really stuck on trap, maybe she should try to go for a more moody 90's vibe, or that really dark southern Memphis/Atlanta sound. I still want to hear her do something really grand and jazzy.

Agree. As a fan of hip hop her idea of trap is... eek. I like In My Feelings but it needed an aggressive voice. Her soft voice worked great in summer Bummer, and HighBTB worked as well. It’s a hit or miss with her and trap

Imma say this again and again but a rework of a more aggressive ATL/West Coast hip hop Serial Killer with Kendrick Lamar would work wonders

I agree. Her hip hop influence was palpable in BTD, but it was in no way generic-- it was more in her writing from the songs' inceptions rather than added last minute into production where it doesn't really fit with the vibe of the song