Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

do u guys think that lana upgraded her lyrics in LFL?

it's hard for me to say bc it's kind of a mixed bag. Heroin is probably the best song she's written so far, lyrics-wise. i love how bold and unrestrained In My Feelings is, and Cherry's lyrics have a super vivid imagery that i like a lot. those are the 3 standouts for me. then there's frankly uninspired stuff like White Mustang (much as i like the song itself), and others that have interesting parts (like some parts of Lust For Life, 13 Beaches, When The World...) but can't keep the same level all throughout the song.

I think they are ... pretty much the usual Lana stuff. Cherry, Heroin, White Mustang ... songs like those are the bread-n-buter Lana lyrics.

Some songs like 13 Beaches and Change stick out as interesting improvements, while others like Lust For Life mark a new low.

Biggest problem is that she kind of lost a big portion of the "Lana-magic" on LFL and therefore those "usual kind of Lana-business" lyrics seem a bit boring and uninspired. I mean, God Bless America and When The World Was At War are supposed to be politically inspired, but the lyrics are really far away from being deep, meaningful or anything but Lana's comfort zone-lyrics. In addition to that, her perception of "political songs" is pretty shallow and lyrics like Coachella or WTWWAW, although I get the intention behind them, turn out as cringeworthy.

And the worst thing is how she's into this "I sing for mah children" thing ... it's cute on Love but she definitly needs to stop that.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think they are ... pretty much the usual Lana stuff. Cherry, Heroin, White Mustang ... songs like those are the bread-n-buter Lana lyrics.

for me the problem arises not so much from Lana reusing her usual themes & motifs and kinda sticking to her own visual universe - which she def does, and that's one of the main reasons why i always go back to her music bc they also speak to me - but more from when she does it in an uninspired way that doesn't really bring anything new. White Mustang is kinda the prime example of that for me, even if it's melodically perf. Heroin, on the other hand, reuses a lot of the old themes & visuals (cults, LA decadence, drugs, alcohol, lolita imagery) but in a way that's fresh and with a depth most of her songs don't have lbr, so i'm not surprised she calls it her most personal song yet. 

for me the problem arises not so much from Lana reusing her usual themes & motifs and kinda sticking to her own visual universe - which she def does, and that's one of the main reasons why i always go back to her music bc they also speak to me - but more from when she does it in an uninspired way that doesn't really bring anything new. White Mustang is kinda the prime example of that for me, even if it's melodically perf. Heroin, on the other hand, reuses a lot of the old themes & visuals (cults, LA decadence, drugs, alcohol, lolita imagery) but in a way that's fresh and with a depth most of her songs don't have lbr, so i'm not surprised she calls it her most personal song yet. 

Yeah, I love Lana for the things she does/did, so I have no problem with the lyrics/motifs. I mean, Cherry is a sweet nothing but it's SO Lana and that's part of why I love it that much.

But when the production, songwriting and general atmosphere of her album starts to lose it's unique "Lana-touch" like on LFL (partly because the album was too messy), the lacking lyrical motifs stick out more.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Let's agree that this album needs folk vibes and the collab with Daddy Father John Misty 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The truth is, Lana being political is just straight up boooooooring. It is and always will be. People listen to artists like Lana because they want to escape reality and enter a dreamlike fantasy world. They don't want to be reminded of the idiocrasy by politicians and have to hear about nuclear bombs and "tensions rising over country lines". At least i don't anyway. To me, that's not what music and art is about and i really hope she finds a way to seperate her political mind and her musical mind.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Let's agree that this album needs folk vibes and the collab with Daddy Father John Misty 

:smile: I would love to see him feature. No offense to Sean Lennon, but I feel like Misty would have better suited Tomorrow Never Came.

:smile: I would love to see him feature. No offense to Sean Lennon, but I feel like Misty would have better suited Tomorrow Never Came.

9fOB.gif

OTTR was awe-inspiring, sensational, remarkable, spectacular... will anything ever compare? 

Honestly (and I adore lana so this   i s n t   s h a d e) I think that song was mostly shaped lyrically by Tim (her co-writer). He's the god man who brought us ottr, cherry, and g&m. I think she had the visuals in her mind and kinda dictated that to him. If he isn't on LDR6 i'll be sad.

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

OTTR was awe-inspiring, sensational, remarkable, spectacular... will anything ever compare? 

Honestly (and I adore lana so this   i s n t   s h a d e) I think that song was mostly shaped lyrically by Tim (her co-writer). He's the god man who brought us ottr, cherry, and g&m. I think she had the visuals in her mind and kinda dictated that to him. If he isn't on LDR6 i'll be sad.

well if i believe that Tim influenced something in OTTR,this is the music/melody and not the lyrics

she really said that she didn't write one line in BTD 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

The truth is, Lana being political is just straight up boooooooring. It is and always will be. People listen to artists like Lana because they want to escape reality and enter a dreamlike fantasy world. They don't want to be reminded of the idiocrasy by politicians and have to hear about nuclear bombs and "tensions rising over country lines". At least i don't anyway. To me, that's not what music and art is about and i really hope she finds a way to seperate her political mind and her musical mind.

PREACH!!

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

no i think if her discography went from BTD straight to LFL yes, but UV and Honeymoon shit all over lfl's lyrics(And production :crossed: ) sorry not sorry

Just agreeing with more common sense when I see it. 

I think Heroin into Change into Get Free (side 4) is the best thing she's done lyrically as a collective. Her ultimate statement as an artist if you will. I think she has grown. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/LDRaddic/status/980434564643524609

Translation :

Director of 'Love', Rich Lee talks about ideas proposed by Lana for the video for 'Cherry': "she wanted a mad orgy with several witches and several men being sacrificed. Lana had an idea for a dark clip, based on German expressionism and Hollywood noir culture."

The record company embargoed because of the heavy content that could end up giving blacklash to her. "But she really wanted to make a transition from the happy girl to a dark girl again, after all I knew that she was preparing something along that path for the new album."

translation :

Director of 'Love', Rich Lee talks about ideas proposed by Lana for the video for 'Cherry': "she wanted a mad orgy with several witches and several men being sacrificed. Lana had an idea for a dark clip, based on German expressionism and Hollywood noir culture."

The record company embargoed because of the heavy content that could end up giving blacklash to her. "But she really wanted to make a transition from the happy girl to a dark girl again, after all I knew that she was preparing something along that path for the new album."w

WOW BITCH WOOWWWWWWWW THAT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. Damn Lana, from "ew, i'm not smoking weed!!" to this

Maybe if she ditched the idea of it being an orgy but stuck with the other ideas it would work?

translation :

The record company embargoed because of the heavy content that could end up giving blacklash to her. "But she really wanted to make a transition from the happy girl to a dark girl again, after all I knew that she was preparing something along that path for the new album."

that would have been amazing, but april fools.

translation :

I HOPE THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE, ESPECIALLY THE LAST PART ABOUT GOING BACK TO DARKNESS

giphy.gif  

Translation :

WHY THE FUCK THIS WAS SCRAPPED?

THIS IS SUCH A CONCEPT