Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

What’s CWimm (sorry I suck at figuring out acronyms)

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I just remembered Coachella is on Lust For Life.. that alone is a solid reason for it to be considered her worst album lmao

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Oh. I like Coachella. All the trap beats and political lyrics (normally I hate politics in music but I agree with her opinions on Trump)

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

AKA the best? ew no

Yes, AKA is the best. It's her at her rawest.

Here's my ranking for her albums

1. AKA

2. Ultraviolence

3. Paradise

4. Born To Die

5. Lust For Life

6. Sirens

7. Honeymoon

giphy.gif

I just remembered Coachella is on Lust For Life.. that alone is a solid reason for it to be considered her worst album lmao

Coachella is not at all as bad as y'all say. The bridge/outro is so amazing

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

1. AKA

2. Ultraviolence

3. Paradise

4. Born To Die

5. Lust For Life

6. Sirens

7. Honeymoon

Imagine putting Godlymoon LAST

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1. AKA

2. Ultraviolence

3. Paradise

4. Born To Die

5. Lust For Life

6. Sirens

7. Honeymoon

you literally put Sirens, an album recorded on a potato, above Honeymoon? and AKA above UV? and paradise above BTD and LFL? literally have to wash my eyes after reading this

UV > HM > LFL > BTD > Paradise >>>>>>>>>>> her old previous albums that y'all for some reason count as her discography

1. AKA

2. Ultraviolence

3. Paradise

4. Born To Die

5. Lust For Life

6. Sirens

7. Honeymoon

you know this was looking pretty solid but seeing honeymoon at last i'm slightly concerned but go off

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Political songs are great, like, every Kendrick Lamar song is political and it’s fire. The problem with Lana is that her political songs looks like a teenage white girl writing in her diary “fuck, the world is so difficult!! But wait let’s have hope...” sorry Lana I love you

Lana is an introspective singer, always has been. the woman lives inside her own head, so it's unsurprising and pretty natural to me that her version of political songs is her impression/feelings re: current events in song form rather than literal political activism or critique. i've said this even before the album came out, but it would've appeared artificial and forced if she'd pulled a bob dylan out of nowhere - not to mention that i don't think her political ideology has enough internal coherence and solidity to pull off an entire album without fucking up and being subsequently torn apart by the press once again (especially bearing in mind that, like you pointed out yourself, she's a white woman & one from a privileged background). i also think this mix of subjectivity, visual imagery & light political allusions is infinitely more interesting and original than yet another sermonizing album, but maybe that's me.

do u guys think that lana upgraded her lyrics in LFL?

Hmm I think they’re about the same, maybe a little less inspired.

Heroin lyrics are top notch, maybe her best!

Also personally LOVE her verse on Summer Bummer, so smartly written ugh her mind!

I thought Cherry’s lyrics was really fresh, how she used Scarsbourough Fair as inspiration but made it her own.

Also really enjoyed 13 Beaches lyrics.

The others were pretty basic or a little too wordy..but mostly I think she’s about the same level as HM.

do u guys think that lana upgraded her lyrics in LFL?

It's such a conflicting mix of upgraded lyrics in 13 Beaches,  Heroin,  WTWWAW, Get Free and Cherry,  but a sure downgrade in CWIMM,  Lust for Life,  Love,  White Mustang and God Bless America.  No matter the good intentions of those 'downgraded' song lyrics,  the upgraded lyric songs outshine them clearly.  This is why LFL is such a messy album,  yet there were still some very interesting improvements that I hope she keeps