Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I love reading this thread cause it shows us how many facets there are to Lana, from political to slutty to depressed to happy. It shows how much she has developed musically & lyrically.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I get what you want to say.

But I personally think that if all she can come up is "Yeah, shit is going down but let's keep on daaaaaaaaaaaancing!" "cause we're beautiful people with beautiful problems", then she should just not say anything and stick to songs about daddys and unrequited love. Because LFL really has no "personal thoughts" to submit. At least I can't find anything that's ACTUALLY related to the topics she said she'd sing about. Take away GBA's chorus and all her talk about how it's about the woman's marches and you have .. well, a typical Lana song.

Songs that comment social and political issues can be great, even if you are not part of an unpriviledged group. But I feel that Lana just can't pull it of.

i get what you want to say as well, and it's just one of those things in which we have to agree to disagree bc we both have valid but different povs. i do think she has personal thoughts about what's happening (especially in the 2nd half of the album; to me the 1st half is personal, the 2nd is societal), just not in the form of actual political commentary (which ita, she can't pull off for all the reasons i already mentioned), but more like her genuine thoughts and feelings about it all, regardless of how pertinent or 'useful' they are. imo it's just her own way to cope, trying to still find beauty, hope & love in the world despite the fucked up situation, and offering it to those it might speak to (much as i don't like the borderline condescending, cringey "i sing for my bbs" thing, it's not a coincidence that it appeared during this era). i don't think any of this is any better or worse than writing abt daddys and doomed love, imo it's just the album she felt like writing in this particular moment in time bc it's the things that were going through her mind, just like 8 years ago it was drugs/alcohol, americana & fucked up romances with older men.

I think an artist should grow as they create new works if art and they shouldn't keep doing the same thing their whole life because it would get boring. Lana's sound definitely evolved from BTD-HM but her perspective stayed the same and if she keeps singing about her past lover's won't it get kinda repetitive? You can see Lana tried experimenting with her song writing with LFL and in some places it worked out well (for example change is a great political song) and it fell short at some parts. But this is something that happens when you try something new. So I'm glad LFL happend because this means Lana will get better at political songs next time around and will broaden her song writing for the next album imo. And I love songs like cherry and white mustang but I think her music should be balanced with songs with more perspective and I think Lana will figure out how to balance her albums so they won't be messy like LFL was

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I love the concept for HIAB but the lyrics need some work right now, I hate the "tour lyfe" lyric. Its those lyrics in Lana's new music that cheapen them to me, they're too current and stream-of-consciousness-y that it breaks the allure her pre-LFL music had 

I have a question for ya'll. If you could have LDR6 based off of the sound/lyricism of 3 songs, what would they be?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I have a question for ya'll. If you could have LDR6 based off of the sound/lyricism of 3 songs, what would they be?

I would like Black Beauty, Art Deco, and WTWWAWWKD.

xMcVPI7.jpg

get free, bel-air, and heroin

I'm not feeling the ''tour life'' line either...by the way, stop spelling it with the ''y'' just because Lana did it for fun( she did it for free, she did it for him, he did it for she, they did it for the right reasons :toofunny: ) 

On the other hand though, that's still her life, it's what she's doing right now and what she loves to do the most so why not sing about it?

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

yea this. No shade but y'all wanting Lana to go back to an old relationship which seemed to be a very unhealthy one just so she can make music that pleases you is kinda shitty, y'all probably didn't mean it that way but that's how it comes off

All of her best songs have come from a place of sadness or melancholy. BTD & Ultraviolence being the top two albums. He was bad for her but good for her music. No harm in stating that. It's not like Lana is gonna come on here, see that and make a Barrie booty call. :smokes3:

malena09.gif

It's not like Lana is gonna come on here, see that and make a Barrie booty call. :smokes3:

lmao I know that but it's not like she literally wrote the whole thing about him and towards the end of the relationship she seemed pretty upset based off so I just thought her happiness is more important than a UV 2.0. But then again I don't see LFL as a significant downgrade from those albums

Honeymoon, cruel world, off to the races

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

lmao I know that but it's not like she literally wrote the whole thing about him and towards the end of the relationship she seemed pretty upset based off so I just thought her happiness is more important than a UV 2.0. But then again I don't see LFL as a significant downgrade from those albums

LFL is the G-Eazy era :oopna: (kidding...sort of)

malena09.gif

West Coast, Get Drunk, Heroin

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***