Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Even though UV wouldn't be the same without Dan, you guys give him like too much credit. He himself said her demos were already perfect and what he did was minimal. Lana said he added the fire the record needed. It's not like UV pre-Dan is a whole different album

(((((just like the non-existent "dark witchy folky" version of LFL)))))

I agree. Someone, on Lana del Rey Addiction, made a playlist called Ultraviolence: The Rick Nowels Cut. The guy included all the songs that Rick Nowels and Lana did together and there were a lot of the ones that are already on UV (Shades of Cool, West Coast, Black Beauty, Is This Happiness, Sad Girl...), plus Your Girl, Yes to Heaven and Fine China. He and Lana came up with a lot of the songs and sounds of UV. Dan Auerbach punched it a little more. 

If Lana had stuck to her initial idea, I believe we would have had an album closer to HM in its sound but in a darker tone. 

When i saw this, I remembered thinking that maybe this is why Honeymoon is so hated : the gap between UV and HM is so large. Without Dan's contribution, the gap would not have been so big between the two. But I would not change anything to these two albums: to me, they are perfect because they sound so different and yet, you have the feeling they are somewhat similar. 

If the next album is the continuation to Lust for Life (more collaborations, rapping and cringy lyrics about world peace that would fit better Mother Teresa), I quit.  :defeated: :scream: :suicide:

I did not mind most of the collaborations: I believe they added an extra layer to songs that should have sounded maybe a little too simple without them (BPBP and TNC come to mind). I was skeptical when it came to her socially aware songs, but I liked them overall, because i could relate to them on other levels, not necessarily on its first intention (WTWWAW is, to me, a song of hope when my world is at war and I feel paralyzed and hopeless by it all; i just remember to keep dancing in a way, to keep what i am doing). She did not put too much rap into the album IMO. But i Know i am one of the few that really loves LFL. 

I am not sure though that the next album will be the direct continuation of LFL, maybe just the answers to the questions raised on the previous record. 

I don't want any collabs on this upcoming album/EP/whatever.

Especially if they'd sound like BPBP, since that was awful.

giphy.gif

I agree. Someone, on Lana del Rey Addiction, made a playlist called Ultraviolence: The Rick Nowels Cut. The guy included all the songs that Rick Nowels and Lana did together and there were a lot of the ones that are already on UV (Shades of Cool, West Coast, Black Beauty, Is This Happiness, Sad Girl...), plus Your Girl, Yes to Heaven and Fine China. He and Lana came up with a lot of the songs and sounds of UV. Dan Auerbach punched it a little more. 

If Lana had stuck to her initial idea, I believe we would have had an album closer to HM in its sound but in a darker tone. 

When i saw this, I remembered thinking that maybe this is why Honeymoon is so hated : the gap between UV and HM is so large. Without Dan's contribution, the gap would not have been so big between the two. But I would not change anything to these two albums: to me, they are perfect because they sound so different and yet, you have the feeling they are somewhat similar.

Yeah exactly. The only song she wrote post-Dan is West Coast. The rest of the album was the same, they just needed that psychedelic fire.

Also I adore the difference between UV and HM. honeymoon is so quiet and minimalistic on purpose.

Ew no

HOW DARE YOU

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I did not mind most of the collaborations: I believe they added an extra layer to songs that should have sounded maybe a little too simple without them (BPBP and TNC come to mind). I was skeptical when it came to her socially aware songs, but I liked them overall, because i could relate to them on other levels, not necessarily on its first intention (WTWWAW is, to me, a song of hope when my world is at war and I feel paralyzed and hopeless by it all; i just remember to keep dancing in a way, to keep what i am doing). She did not put too much rap into the album IMO. But i Know i am one of the few that really loves LFL. 

I am not sure though that the next album will be the direct continuation of LFL, maybe just the answers to the questions raised on the previous record. 

I've been listening to LFL, and I love all of her collabs, but TNC. I hate that because I was pretty confident that it was one of my favorites on the album. I really dislike Sean's addition to the track, and I hope a solo version leaks. BPBP is my favorite collab on the album, I think her and Stevie are like two peas in a pod vocally. Y'all who are coming for Stevie's vocals; that's what Lana's going to sound like when she gets older too.

1. BPBP is amazing

2. Marina is amazing

3. Slanders are not amazing

4. Change is amazing too :hooker:

xx

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Froot is amazing, the other albums are pure trash

ok no it goes

Froot, TFJ, Electra 

from best to ok

4. Change is amazing too :hooker:

TASTE FINALLY

xMcVPI7.jpg

Electra > Froot > TFJ, yall tastless

it is a fact that

Froot > TFJ > Electra

and im not going into detail bc this is a LDR pre-pre thread

xMcVPI7.jpg

Yeah exactly. The only song she wrote post-Dan is West Coast. The rest of the album was the same, they just needed that psychedelic fire.

Also I adore the difference between UV and HM. honeymoon is so quiet and minimalistic on purpose.

But .. that "psychedelic fire" is what makes UV. Listen to The Black Keys stuff and you hear which parts of the sound were influenced by Dan. And I think they are quite essential.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!