Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i just don’t like marina, I just listen to one song from her and I just don’t like that sound, i didn’t never really know why people think Marina and Lana are similar, maybe I could research in her music for more similarities but that kind of songs just don’t hook me :(

I want Lana to collaborate with father John misty cuz I love his music and I know they are friends though :D

i just don’t like marina, I just listen to one song from her and I just don’t like that sound, i didn’t never really know why people think Marina and Lana are similar, maybe I could research in her music for more similarities but that kind of songs just don’t hook me :(

I want Lana to collaborate with father John misty cuz I love his music and I know they are friends though :D

I'm a Marian fan myself, and never really got the comparison. I guess it was because they're both considered alt. pop, but that's about it.

I agree. Someone, on Lana del Rey Addiction, made a playlist called Ultraviolence: The Rick Nowels Cut. The guy included all the songs that Rick Nowels and Lana did together and there were a lot of the ones that are already on UV (Shades of Cool, West Coast, Black Beauty, Is This Happiness, Sad Girl...), plus Your Girl, Yes to Heaven and Fine China. He and Lana came up with a lot of the songs and sounds of UV. Dan Auerbach punched it a little more. 

If Lana had stuck to her initial idea, I believe we would have had an album closer to HM in its sound but in a darker tone. 

When i saw this, I remembered thinking that maybe this is why Honeymoon is so hated : the gap between UV and HM is so large. Without Dan's contribution, the gap would not have been so big between the two. But I would not change anything to these two albums: to me, they are perfect because they sound so different and yet, you have the feeling they are somewhat similar. 

Yeah but Dan came up with the idea to slow down the chorus on West Coast and add that weird "west coast" siren (i think?) therefore he's a legend in my book for making one of the best songs to ever exist

They're honestly not similar at all, in music or aesthetic so i have no idea why people think that either. It's probably because they both are sorta retro, but thats it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

all tea all shade. i posted and asked this either on this thread or somewhere else but really how much does her label control her artistic output in the end even tough she says her record deal lets her do whatever she want? like im sure she wrote political songs that went more in-depth than Cockroach - Wood On My Mind. how much would one bet they rejected the "4 Political Songs Take-Outs" she talked about a few months ago 

and at the same time, she needs to go big or go home with these "world conscious songs" that are outside of her lyrical universe 

like imagine her writing this. her poli songs weren't boring.. just too vague, not straightforward. Someone here said that pulling out a Bob Dylan would be weird yes, but she didn't reach the middle where these themes would comfortably sit in her discography. One could feel as if she wrote these songs to be #relevant (which wasn't the purpose of couse )

I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015

Once I finish this, witnesses will convey just what I mean

Been feeling this way since I was 16, came to my senses

You never liked us anyway, fuck your friendship, I meant it

I'm African-American, I'm African

I'm black as the moon, heritage of a small village

Pardon my residence

Came from the bottom of mankind

My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide

You hate me don't you?

You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture

You're fuckin' evil I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey

You vandalize my perception but can't take style from me

And this is more than confession

I mean I might press the button just so you know my discretion

I'm guardin' my feelins, I know that you feel it

You sabotage my community, makin' a killin'

You made me a killer, emancipation of a real :)

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice

The blacker the berry, the bigger I shoot

I said they treat me like a slave, cah' me black

Woi, we feel a whole heap of pain, cah' we black

And man a say they put me in a chain, cah' we black

Imagine now, big gold chain full of rocks

How you no see the whip, left scars pon' me back

But now we have a big whip, parked pon' the block

All them say we doomed from the start, cah' we black

Remember this, every race start from the block, just remember that

i just wanted to say that 'the blacker the berry' is one of my kendrick's fav songs

YES SHE DEAD ASS SAID THAT . she stated something in an interview like "in the early process of the album we produced Heroin , wanting the album to have the same sound or thinking it would have the same sound."

tenor.gif?itemid=5157736

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

But .. that "psychedelic fire" is what makes UV. Listen to The Black Keys stuff and you hear which parts of the sound were influenced by Dan. And I think they are quite essential.

Um I'm a huge black keys fans and I know exactly what he did. All I'm saying is that Dan himself said he didn't do much

What makes us so sure she's working with Jack though? like apart from their pictures together.. it doesn't always mean it's for her album. Maybe she's just experimenting with him to see which producers she needs for LDR6? Also idk if i've asked this before but do we really think that she'll release an LP THIS year? It doesn't feel like it's gonna happen. We know how long Lana takes with dragging out her album pre release cycle... and at this point we don't even have a lead single or if Lana has even thought about releasing one

Jack Antanoff is really hot right now with musicians. Lordes Melodrama was nominated for AOTY and Taylors Reputation has outsold. maybe Lana feels that her persona and aethetic can create an album that outsells everything . its a smart move because i have always heard Lanas voice on a Jack track , his production is glorious too.

giphy.gif

Jack Antanoff is really hot right now with musicians. Lordes Melodrama was nominated for AOTY and Taylors Reputation has outsold. maybe Lana feels that her persona and aethetic can create an album that outsells everything . its a smart move because i have always heard Lanas voice on a Jack track , his production is glorious too.

also:

• co-wrote and produced BANKS' single "Crowded Places"
  • co-wrote and produced St. Vincent's album Masseduction
  • co-wrote some songs from Taylor Swift's 1989 (Out of the Woods, I Wish You Would and You Are In Love)
  • produced Taylor Swift's album 1989, AOTY winner
  • dumped problematic fuck Lena Dunham
  • co-wrote and produced "I Don't Wanna Live Forever", song recorded for the movie Fifty Shades Darker
  • Lead guitarist of the band Fun.

he is a good guy and I hope he is producing and writing with Lana

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Yeah but Dan came up with the idea to slow down the chorus on West Coast and add that weird "west coast" siren (i think?) therefore he's a legend in my book for making one of the best songs to ever exist

I agree. West Coast and Cruel World are really «Dan Auerbach-esque». Both songs are incredible. I really love UV, but I think it was a «One-shot deal». I wouldn't mind at all if she went back to those retro-guitar sounds, but she seems in a different state of mind. 

:awk:

i76mrxw.png