Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Halsey is having her "rise to fame" adapted into a film starring her as herself.... wtf

Why do I feel like Lana was their first option but she said no? Her story is far more interesting - alcoholism in her early teens, being sent away to boarding school, living in New Jersey trailer park and struggling with her music, every critic on Earth slamming her during 2011/12 etc. it literally sounds like a movie plot in itself

I wanna know more about Lana especially for the 2010-2011 period cause we have not that much info

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I wanna know more about Lana especially for the 2010-2011 period cause we have not that much info

I think she's just too private of an individual. Maybe she'll write her memoir one day...

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I think she's just too private of an individual. Maybe she'll write her memoir one day...

She said to L'Officiel USA that she is writing a Broadway musical with Rick... Maybe this is about her in some way...

And also what happened with Ultraviolence  :creep:

UV had more to do with a "political decision" than a delayed one: Dan Auerbach had an album coming out the same date (May 1). Their respective record companies must have thought it was not a good idea to have the two released on the same day. And  Interscope wanted a number 1 album, so it had to be pushed back to a date where there were no major releases.

Halsey is having her "rise to fame" adapted into a film starring her as herself.... wtf

Why do I feel like Lana was their first option but she said no? Her story is far more interesting - alcoholism in her early teens, being sent away to boarding school, living in New Jersey trailer park and struggling with her music, every critic on Earth slamming her during 2011/12 etc. it literally sounds like a movie plot in itself

I honestly like Halsey a lot, don't come for me, but... Who cares about her rise to fame? It's explainable in one sentence: she was Tumblr famous and was writing allegedly funny songs about Harry Styles. There's literally nothing interesting about her that would make a good movie tbh. What about HFK visuals? Where are they? :crossed:

I'm still waiting for a documentary about Lana, preferably without her getting too much control in the project. I want honest, raw story. I believe Chuck was filming stuff in key moments on her rise to fame so we'll def see that someday.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Halsey making a movie about herself is the funniest news i've heard all year. Like who even cares? Her life story is probably just as uninteresting as her music and career.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

wait so is the next album LDR6 bc we're counting Paradise as an album or bc we're couting AKA as her first one? 

AKA, Paradise is an EP

tbh we shouldn't even count AKA or Paradise, technically it's ldr5

dear sylvia

ooooooh

rat piss and motorcycles

fuck me in your trailer

dancing in the pale moonlight

love your dark blue eyes

red dress on tonight

oooOOOOooooh

sylviAAAAAAh

sylviLAAAAA

babys violent swing

sylvia in your diamonds and pearls

sylvia lets travel the word

uuuuUUUUH

Dear Sylvia

You write poetry for me

That the birds and I can sing

Left down from your legacy.

Dear Sylvia

I sings songs to my man

With his turned up collar

Paying for things like my dad

Oh Sylvia

Red blossoms in the sunshine

Smoking down on the coastline

Reading words to my love-ah

Syyyyy-lll-vvvv--iaaa-hhhhhh

He sips my coca cola

Fucks me in his trailer

(nature reference: check; daddy reference: check; descriptive male clothing: check; smoking reference: check; the coast: check)

We don’t how Lana’s team counts the albums. To count AKA as LDR1 would be weird since it is not accessible anymore; Paradise is considered an EP, but with 9 songs, is it still an EP? True, it is the continuation of BTD, but its narrative is clearly one of an album.

We don’t how Lana’s team counts the albums. To count AKA as LDR1 would be weird since it is not accessible anymore; Paradise is considered an EP, but with 9 songs, is it still an EP? True, it is the continuation of BTD, but its narrative is clearly one of an album.

To me Paradise is an album, it even was nominated for the Grammy as "best pop album", so... AKA *technically* is not an Lana Del Rey-album since she had a different stage name at that time bit I just count all of her albums she made so to me the next record will be LDR7. :) And I don't care how everyone else is counting her works. :P

To me Paradise is an album, it even was nominated for the Grammy as "best pop album", so... AKA *technically* is not an Lana Del Rey-album since she had a different stage name at that time bit I just count all of her albums she made so to me the next record will be LDR7. :) And I don't care how everyone else is counting her works. :P

EPs can be nominated for Best Pop Album - Coldplay got a nomination this year for the Kaleidoscope EP

Dear Sylvia

You write poetry for me

That the birds and I can sing

Left down from your legacy.

Dear Sylvia

I sings songs to my man

With his turned up collar

Paying for things like my dad

Oh Sylvia

Red blossoms in the sunshine

Smoking down on the coastline

Reading words to my love-ah

He sips my coca cola

Fucks me in his trailer

(nature reference: check; daddy reference: check; descriptive male clothing: check; smoking reference: check; the coast: check)

This kinda knocks

HvA2rEh.gif

Idk, i count paradise as a sort of side project, an experimental idea. It's still an EP so i wouldn't count it as LDR2, it's BTD > UV > HM > LFL > LDR5

I count Paradise as part of her full discography because although short, it's still a body of work. Also back in the 60's, some artists usually only made a maximum of 6 songs and still called it an 'album'.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven