Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I want the glamour and mystery to return for the new era and those low brooding lush vocals that I miss so much  :pray2:  I'm tired of that airy tone she keeps using 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I want the glamour and mystery to return for the new era and those low brooding lush vocals that I miss so much  :pray2:  I'm tired of that airy tone she keeps using 

I feel like Lana has lost that fire she had with her previous albums. There's no more 'oomph' to her sound. Let's hope she changes things up.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

YES THIS THIS THIS... 

I was watching an old 2012-2013 performances and the way she performed was so dainty and elegant - almost as if the nerves added to her mystery... and she didn't use back up vocals so she HAD to actually try to sing... and her nails and dresses and make up - she looked straight out of a vintage magazine. wow I miss it 

Im still annoyed that she didn't shoot on location for the album cover, its just a photoshop mess

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I feel like Lana has lost that fire she had with her previous albums. There's no more 'oomph' to her sound. Let's hope she changes things up.

Well Lana seems to be happier than the years before so probably that's where some of her fire (rage/disenchantement/...) went. I'm totally here for some of her darker sounds (like "13 Beaches", or "Gods & Monsters") but only if she really feels like it. I'd hate if she'd pretend being moody just for pleasing some fans and selling records to lonely and desperate people (like me ;) ...

LDR6 album concept: EP titled "Beautiful Machine" in which each song explores a single emotion through metaphor "ie Happiness is a Butterfly" from the perspective of a female robot developed by the U.S.government as a spy during the Cold War

Cover:

nn5WNy6.jpg

Concept: an album of Pin Up Galores, Wayamayas, Never Let Me Gos, AFFAs, Hangin Arounds and Noirs

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

LDR6 album concept: EP titled "Beautiful Machine" in which each song explores a single emotion through metaphor "ie Happiness is a Butterfly" from the perspective of a female robot developed by the U.S.government as a spy during the Cold War

Cover:

nn5WNy6.jpg

Well...this took a surprising turn lmao 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Doesn't sound very cohesive to me? :biblio:

I don’t care. Just some of my fave unreleaseds!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I just want Lana to do a horror album with a cover similar to this

Screen-Shot-2014-11-20-at-8.38.28-AM.png

going off of this, my dream is for lana to just have an extremely dark album. i guess you can say ultraviolence or btd were dark, but to me they have a very airy tone to them. i realize that wanting an album of heavy bops is kinda pointless now since she's on this 'wow i love da world and my bbys' kick (which isn't bad per se, just contrived in some aspects for me), but lana does well lyrically when there's dark undertones to her songs, lyrics, album theme. like, just give us the foreboding undertones of ultraviolence, combine it with the trap productions of honeymoon + partially L4L (i.e cherry + gl), that's all i ask for. 

like i honestly would not mind an album of lolitas, cherries, groupie loves, high by the beaches, etc. her happy stuff is cute and all (get free cures my depression for the 5 minute duration of that song) but i feel her happy tones are very lazy and don't challenge her. also, i really don't have time for her political songs. nothing wrong with political songs in general, but hers remind me of the 70's hippie culture and not in a good way.

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)