Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The NME cover by Neil fits the album so much better and that's that

That yellow background and her posing with a rose is one of my all time favorite pictures of Lana. :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 more thoughts (no one wants to hear)

​Lana should do Sylvia's Mother (the old Dr. Hook song) which is one of the great crying over breakup songs of all time and is now 100% obsolete

​being that the singer is on a pay phone)

​and even more important

​If Marina gets to duet with Lana on a record, it would be the greatest thing for MARINA's career, wouldn't it?

Making Lana truly the Willie Nelson of the 21st century (because Willie once he made it did duets with every person he himself either loved or

​needed a duet to bring them back

​(also side note- making Lana to be charitable like Elton John was in doing an entire album with Leon Russell to give Leon his dignity back, and financial help, and help into getting Leon into the Hall of Fame which increased the money Leon made doing the one night stands he was doing in dives beforehand.

​So Congrats to Lana for being the new Willie Nelson and Elton John

(and I myself wanna hear duets with Willie and Elton...the FJM version of Ride was predicted by me shortly after Ride came out that a country/Americana  singer should do that song Americana style (at the time I said Merle Haggard and lamented the fact that Johnny Cash would have been perfect to sing

​it (and who also did stuff with Rick Rubin)

​symmetry

​bonus thought for a Saturday-

​With this new trend for male rappers to release 2 albums in 2 weeks, thereby going for 2 #1s consecutive, that means less weeks for

​others to get that #1 album...It is going to take something to get a week where that doesn't happen, and it's going to take something

​real special now (and utilizing the 2018 method of streaming on pay vehicles to get it to count). I am really curious as to how this will be

​done this time.

What would be great is a re-mastered Born to Die/Paradise so spectacular that it enables BOTH Born to Die and Paradise to get to #1

​(remember Born to Die only got to #2 because of Adele)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

​@arcadia

​@daytonadeath

I would love to hear a duet on "The night they drove old Dixie down" being that the south is turning blue and the racists like south was back in the Civil War are defeated thoroughly in 2018 and 2020

(and fuck you Kanye and your trolling publicity for your new songs (really, a song about poop??) and 2 albums that both will be #1 two weeks in a row

making that 2 less weeks in the year to put out a new release))

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

What would be great is a re-mastered Born to Die/Paradise so spectacular that it enables BOTH Born to Die and Paradise to get to #1

6 years after release? Who even does that?

It'd make sense when BTD The Paradise Edition turns ten or twenty and gets repacked with an additional disc full of outtakes from both of the BTD (like Hundred Dollar Bill) and Paradise (like the untouchable 5, even though it was meant for UV it still has that Paradise vibe)

That I'd be satisfied with!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

​@kitschesque

Lana is THE trendsetter, the Trailblazer, and as such 

SHE SHOULD COULD and then when another artist down the road is asked by someone who appreciates their music

who even does that?

one can say Lana did.

time moves quicker these days, no need to wait for 10 years (because in another 4 years one can have a different re-mastered anyhow and add more and more. things don't have to be in neat packages anymore

and like Lana does in "Salvatore" she is ten steps ahead of everyone else with a look backwards at all the rest while she goes in directions no one else

does

Me I am just along for the RIDE

​@kitschesque

Lana is THE trendsetter, the Trailblazer, and as such 

SHE SHOULD COULD and then when another artist down the road is asked by someone who appreciates their music

who even does that?

one can say Lana did.

time moves quicker these days, no need to wait for 10 years (because in another 4 years one can have a different re-mastered anyhow and add more and more. things don't have to be in neat packages anymore

and like Lana does in "Salvatore" she is ten steps ahead of everyone else with a look backwards at all the rest while she goes in directions no one else

does

Me I am just along for the RIDE

Damn

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

A song with Marina? Ew no. I’m not even gonna listen to it. Are they going to duet about how much they love their fans? :eartha:

I was so excited about the next project but I guess I have to prepare myself to get a delusional follow up of Lust For Life with similar themes and weak lyrics :hottie:

Ah, good times when Ultraviolence came out and we all knew we were gonna get another masterpiece, which is Honeymoon, just one year after it :oprah:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Lana sweetie I’m so sorry you had to collab with Marina just to satisfy these annoying gays :trisha: :oprah: :oprah2:

Dude, they're friends and I don't think they'd record a song just for their fans. Lana seems to like recording songs with her singer/songwriter/rapper friends, so why would Marina be an exception? :smokes3:

That being said, I'm still not convinced that they will sound good together because their voices are so different (I'm not talking about their accents btw) but Lana has been good in every collab I've heard so maybe they'll figure it out somehow.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

if the *rumoured* collab exists,I hope it's more lana's style than marina's

honestly no tea no shade but i can't even listen to her, her music is  :deadbanana:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Dude, they're friends and I don't think they'd record a song just for their fans. Lana seems to like recording songs with her singer/songwriter/rapper friends, so why would Marina be an exception? :smokes3:

That being said, I'm still not convinced that they will sound good together because their voices are so different (I'm not talking about accents btw) but Lana has been good in every collab I've heard so maybe they'll figure it out somehow.

that was a joke :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun