Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

here's some ldr6 discourse: li shang is the hottest disney prince. like idk if it's his gay subtext or the fact that he's shirtless a lot but? he's really doin that non stop . also none of the other princes got a great song like this :/ it's no contest 

lmao but really i'm not super excited for a piano driven album, change and hiab are cute but like. i've never been a fan of pianos :/ she better serve some vocals then. i want mdm to be shaking 

UbsOye5.png

Some things last a long time is so underrated, i always listen to it when i feel down

btw is it me or did her unreleased titles sound better than the new ones ?

I love it so much, so underrated.

here's some ldr6 discourse: li shang is the hottest disney prince. like idk if it's his gay subtext or the fact that he's shirtless a lot but? he's really doin that non stop . also none of the other princes got a great song like this :/ it's really no contest 

lmao but really i'm not super excited for a piano driven album, change and hiab are cute but like. i've never been a fan of pianos :/ she better serve some vocals then. i want mdm to be shaking 

If it is something like bill evans, art tatum, george shearing, etc. I would be 102% here for that.

what was the app people used to find out summer bummer was coming? i forgot

I think it was either Shazam or SoundHound

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

here's some ldr6 discourse: li shang is the hottest disney prince. like idk if it's his gay subtext or the fact that he's shirtless a lot but? he's really doin that non stop . also none of the other princes got a great song like this :/ it's no contest 

I want 24 to be shaking!!!

y'all think Lana ever read this?

"Do you think God stays in heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he's created here on Earth?"

lanadelreyfiles has like all unreleased

My personal favourite and one of the saddest imo is "Damn You". I cried the first I listened to it.

Fine China

Afraid

I Don't Wanna Go

Wait For Life

Damn You

Teenage Wasteland

Driving In Cars With Boys

Every Man Gets His Wish

Never Let Me Go

Because Of You

Hollywood's Dead

Angels Forever

The Man I Love

Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Some Things Last A Long Time

You Must Love Me

You're Gonna Love Me

Your Band Is All The Rage

Money Hunny

Riverside

Super Movie

My Best Days

Thank you guys so much. I’m aware of the most recent ones like Fine China which is one of my favourite:)

By the way I looked up at her entire discography since 2005 on Lana Del Rey files. I can’t wait to find other gems like Wayamaya :angie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

What are some of the sadder songs within the unreleased collection? I haven’t really listened to a lot of unrealased stuff but lately I’m in the mood for discovering new songs as I’m waiting for the new album. I’m yet to find something similar to Wayamaya, which is one of my favourite because of how exotic and laid down it sounds. I also love Trash Magic

TBH, I don't think most of her unreleased songs are that sad but here are some masterpieces, imo:
Hollywood's Dead (about artists she likes having died too early).
Fordham Road (not really sad, because it's actually an anti-suicide-by-bad-judgment song; however, the fact that she covered Chelsea Hotel #2 (Leonard Cohen), while not releasing Fordham Road does make me sad).
Last Girl on Earth (surrealistically/hyperbolically sad).
Disco (philosophically sad -- imo, theistic-pessimistic outlook combined with the absence of meaningful love relations).
The Ocean (also philosophically sad -- demo of kill kill).
Hawaiian Tropic (tragic sad)
Queen of Disaster (funny sad)
TV in Black and White (metaphoric sad)
Making Out, non-autotuned version (nymphomaniacally/hedonistically sad)
and a lot of May Jailer songs are episodically sad (e.g., bad disease/try tonight/out with a bang/pride/for k).

Like Wayamaya (though not necessarily similar, but as you say "exotic and laid down"):

On Our Way (probably the closest to W, imo)

Maha Maha (Disney-princess song envisioned by LDR and Princess Superstar)

Strange Love (first demo version, which reminds me somewhat of Artpop, the song, by Lady Gaga)

Put Your Lips Together (reminded me of a horny Bjork. Good luck finding it {:^(  ).

Trash:  Live >>>>>>> studio (despite the fact studio is better sung, technically.  Both on youtube!)

Anal Appendix: Riverside originates with Barrie-James O'neill  and Some Things Last a Long Time with Daniel Johnston.