Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

i want ldr7 to be like bright lightning, hot and humid cloudy skies at black beaches, and psychedelic drug trips. something reminiscent of guns & roses, cruel world, money power glory, and wayamaya. 

yes yes and yes, i would love this to have a nighttime aesthetic, i think it would contrast well with the album title and would play into her ironic humour, we almost had it with lust for life but she screwed it up

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

If she wants to go for a more psychedelic, heavy rock sound, she needs to work with Dan Auerbach, or somebody different. I don't think Jack could pull that off, I think he's more suited for a softer, more conventional oriented sound. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i foresee her going further down the folky singer-songwriter road tbh. 

Lana has def gone from glamorous/mystical 60s songstress to wannabe vagabond poet from the Valley, it's pretty obvious right now

i don't think dan is ever coming back. i got the vibe making UV was a frustrating process for the both of them (although lana's label does let her have more artistic freedom now)

Yeah, I remember reading that they fought a lot while recording the album, but also they both experienced a lot of frustration in regards to how the label execs first reacted to the sound of the album, that they really hated it until Paul Epworth showed up and said he completely loved the album as is. Then they made a 180 and suddenly liked the album as well. I think, in a way, it's good to experience frustration and having to "fight" things out artistically speaking, really force you to push through because you believe in the potential of what you are creating.

In the end, I feel like Dan really pushed Lana to her creative high. As they said, they ended up dancing together to the album in his studio.

Listening to Dan's latest project, and also reading a lot of fans wanting Lana to go down the psychedelic road again, I really want him back as a producer, he has a unique and interesting approach to making music, which was lacking on NFR in my honest opinion.

Lana has def gone from glamorous/mystical 60s songstress to wannabe vagabond poet from the Valley, it's pretty obvious right now

Maybe, but it feels like a natural progression for her and I'm not mad at it. Good that she's able to diversify her discography a bit as opposed to churning out the same sound year after year.

Maybe, but it feels like a natural progression for her and I'm not mad at it. Good that she's able to diversify her discography a bit as opposed to churning out the same sound year after year.

I don't feel like her previous so called "persona" lacked maturity, nor that the lyrical content was any less mature than what she displayed on her NFR. Her narrative was different for sure. But, to me there are highs and lows on all her albums, same goes with the lyrics, there are great/mature ones as well as cringy/futile and juvenile ones on all her records. To each their own though.

Also, as far as melodies go, NFR, to me had more of a "greatest hits" feels, as in they incorporated as much Lana clichés as possible. The album feels like the result of all her previous albums combined into one.

In that sense, I hope LP7 explores a more unique road/approach.

i want ldr7 to be like bright lightning, hot and humid cloudy skies at black beaches, and psychedelic drug trips. something reminiscent of guns & roses, cruel world, money power glory, and wayamaya. 

OK just for you, here is some bright lightning, hot and humid cloudy skies at black beaches... 

KJSGZIn.jpg

-

Somehow this picture gives me strong summery vibes, which is kind of what I wish for an album called White Hot Forever. 

CrquOft.jpg

God, I hope Neil Krug works on the visuals for a Lana album again.

Somehow this picture gives me strong summery vibes, which is kind of what I wish for an album called White Hot Forever. 

CrquOft.jpg

God, I hope Neil Krug works on the visuals for a Lana album again.

these photos also remind me of WHF

neil-krug-lana-del-rey09.jpg11+-+Lana+Del+Rey+-+Neil+Krug.jpg

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

these photos also remind me of WHF

neil-krug-lana-del-rey09.jpg11+-+Lana+Del+Rey+-+Neil+Krug.jpg

the second picture is giving me strong WHF vibes to me too!  :flutter:

She's not even gonna call it that, kiddos

At this rate it'll be called S**n Fucking L****n!

Please Rorman, let us dream a little  :ohno:

the second picture is giving me strong WHF vibes to me too!  :flutter:

Please Rorman, let us dream a little  :ohno:

NO. Everything must always be 100% realistic and sensible.

Now, everyone go read our fanfic

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/11246-marinas-apartment-complex-a-fanfic/

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream