Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

This will be most-likely her first album since AKA in which Rick Nowels is not involved. Not the slightest. On her earlier work (BTD,P,UV) he wrote some songs with Lana and co-produced some off the songs.  After that he produced the masterpiece that Honeymoon is and that mess that LFL still is. On NFR! he produced Bartender , The Next Best  American Lyric Change and he was involved in Happiness is a Butterfly.

I realized that today and I think its kinda interesting probably not

this makes me sad :( i love daddy nowels

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

This will be most-likely her first album since AKA in which Rick Nowels is not involved. Not the slightest. On her earlier work (BTD,P,UV) he wrote some songs with Lana and co-produced some off the songs. After that he produced the masterpiece that Honeymoon is and that mess that LFL still is. On NFR! he produced Bartender , The Next Best American Lyric Change and he was involved in Happiness is a Butterfly.

I realized that today and I think its kinda interesting probably not

Is there any reason to suspect he won’t be involved on this album?

I love him, I don’t want this to be true:(

We have no grounds for speculating who is involved tbh ; we should just expect the same old same old until proven otherwise.

I don't wanna lose her best producer Rick just yet  :ohno:  We deserve another HM scenario 

Even if Rick has no involvement in this album, I don’t think it’s the end for him. I feel like they work too well together to not work together again. I can imagine her going a couple albums without any of his involvement at most. I can also see them maybe doing one song per album together like Carly Simon and Jacob Brackman did after she started regularly writing with other people.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Is there any reason to suspect he won’t be involved on this album?

I love him, I don’t want this to be true:(

It was just a thought....like the only songs from Rick were older songs she decided to put on this alboom. The original Next Best American Record was made in 2016, Bartender is most-likely from 2017/before she met Jack Antonoff and Happiness is a Butterfly (at least a demo version of the song) is from early 2018. And the NFR! Alboom trailer says that this record is produced by Jack Antonoff  and it  mentioned no other producers which worked on a few songs on NFR! , but Jack Antonoff is the main producer so I think that's why his name is written there. Lana and Jack are good friends and I think Lana feels very comfortable with Jack, which is good for her. When she had the idea for Looking for America she went to Jack Antonoff and recorded this song with him. And if I remember correctly somebody said on this forum that Lana was in Jacks Studio in January. There is no proof that Rick will not be  involved in WHF/LDR 7 but I have more like a feeling  that he is not involved...  but it would be great if he would be involved on LDR 7 !! I miss daddy nowels as well.... And I hope Lana talked or met Dan Auerbach on the grammys because their seats were pretty close to each other and I wouldn't  mind if he would jump on  a few songs

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

We have no grounds for speculating who is involved tbh ; we should just expect the same old same old until proven otherwise.

I don't wanna lose her best producer Rick just yet  :ohno:  We deserve another HM scenario 

She lost her best producer when Dan Auerbach didn’t produce another album with her. HM is a great record and i love it but let’s face it, Rick produced a messy record with LFL and it left a bad taste in my mouth for his produced stuff post Honeymoon. I almost always skip Bartender. I don’t want him doing another record unless he can do another TLY but i have little to no faith

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

With all this hype, in the end its going to turn out to be a Rap album !

Everyone is going to be shocked !

Bring the noise!
Bass! 
How low can you go?
Death row, what a white chick knows
Once again, back is the incredible
The rhyme animal
The unstopable, 
public chick number One
Five-O said, "Freeze!" and I got numb
Can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun?

Now they got me in a cell cause my records, they sell
Cause a white hot chick like me said, Well
I´m a new age prophet and I think you ought to listen to
The things that I say to you, you oughta do the boogaloo
Power of the people, say
Yeah Yeah
Make a miracle beat, 
pump the lyrical
Turn it up! 

giphy.gif

-

Wait for life is easily the most beautiful song Lana has EVER fucking done in her discography. Emile very well gets it. I wonder if his sound has evolved producing wise. Jack was good for the one record. I prefer that she collab with producer Greg Gonzales from Cigarettes after sex. Although their albums have sounded all the same I feel like she NEEDS to hop on one track with them. If not Greg then the band dilly dally or mitski.

If lana had THESE guitars i will literally ascend into heaven

giphy.gif

I prefer that she collab with producer Greg Gonzales from Cigarettes after sex.

YES! even just one song would satisfy me. her vocals and lyrics inside their iconic gloomy sexy sad atmosphere..... ugh, my heart

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Wait for life is easily the most beautiful song Lana has EVER fucking done in her discography. Emile very well gets it.

Full agree. WFL is one of her most outstanding tracks and was the real swan song of the LDR of BTD/P, the only LDR that really works for me. I would love to see Emile produce and co-write an entire LDR album.