Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

whoever stanned how to dissapear (album version) back in the day was ahead of their time

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda hope she touches on star signs or something. and something that'll finally top West Coast.

That ain't happening with Jackoff onboard. Dan Auerbach needs to make his glorious come back, but at this point it seems farfetched. I guess we'll have to suffer through yet another haflbaked/bland album.  :toofloppy:

In the mean time everyone enjoy this timeless masterpiece, most impressive, intense, mesmerizing and dare I say most inventive song in her discography.

Max sweetie im so sorry but ive joined the jack train 

It's ok, we all make mistakes. You are just securing a fourth Worst Taste award I guess. :hooker:

All jokes aside, I actually like a very few select songs to a certain extent on the album. But as a whole, the album doesn't strike me as being cohesive sonically, it's too all over the place and unequal for me and it's nowhere near the level of excellence of both 'Ultraviolence' and 'Honeymoon', it's my second to last favourite album of hers (even 'Lust for Life' had qualities I must say).

However, I will never get onboard with Jack's style of production on this album. Knowing she's still working with him (or actually never really stopped working with him would be more accurate) is definitely a let down. Musically, Jack didn't bring anything remotely interesting or refreshing for the so called Lana sound. 'NFR!', to me and to a lot of fans I've been in contact with on here and beyond the realm of LanaBoards, it remains a poorly produced and mastered folky/pseudo-alternative/prog-rock overrated album.

I'm a hardcore Lana stan, unlike other fans who went from stan to fan to less than a fan over this album. I revere the direction and risks she took on her first three records, but on 'NFR!' Lana settled in her lazy ways and served us a very lackluster/lukewarm meal. Jack being the yes man he is just went along to get along I supposed (I'm still haunted by the sneak peak of him talking about the disappointing production of the album and frantically bopping his head to the cheap drums in 'The greatest' or whatever (?)). So I actually have little to no expectations for 'White Hot Forever'/LDR7 really. I'm open to anything really, but the only things I would actually want to hear on this upcoming opus are less corny/"eDgY" lyrics and overall better production. But I feel like with Jack being apart of this project and "2020 Lana" being a thing, that seems like a lot, if not too much to ask.

Glad it grew on you though sis.  :)

just curious, why are you guys counting LDRs next album as her 7th? when she has 6? (BTD,UV,HM.LFL,NFR) not counting AKA (unreleased) or Paradise because its an ep. Are you guys counting in AKA or paradise and therefore calling LDR7 her seventh album?

just curious, why are you guys counting LDRs next album as her 7th? when she has 6? (BTD,UV,HM.LFL,NFR) not counting AKA (unreleased) or Paradise because its an ep. Are you guys counting in AKA or paradise and therefore calling LDR7 her seventh album?

Well im counting it as her 6th, as i dont count AKA or paradise, not really sure why we dont count it as her 6th here either but hey ho

Her record company counts the next one as LDR7. The “official” number of 7 began when they said LFL was her fifth album. However, we have no idea if AKA is part of those 7 or if Paradise is now an official one (it was meant to be an EP, but with 9 songs, it’s close to an album, plus it is a bit different from BTD). We’ve been debating this for many years now, and we still don’t have a definite answer.

Her record company counts the next one as LDR7. The “official” number of 7 began when they said LFL was her fifth album. However, we have no idea if AKA is part of those 7 or if Paradise is now an official one (it was meant to be an EP, but with 9 songs, it’s close to an album, plus it is a bit different from BTD). We’ve been debating this for many years now, and we still don’t have a definite answer.

i mean it doesnt matter what lana decides to call it, we know she lives in her own little bubble and contradicts herself 99% of the time. if it were classed as an album they wouldn't have added it alongside born to die, they wouldnt put two albums together and make it an edition, they only do that with mixtapes or eps.. so although its a strong body of work and holds its ground alone very well, it still has the exact same production as born to die (pretty much) so if it is classed as her second album then its not very creative, but it is, so lets call it an EP ;)

This is LDR8. AKA was literally released (once it’s out, you can’t go back) and Paradise was even nominated for best pop album (plus it’s longer than lots of “actual” albums lol) so both are albums. Albums go out of print sometimes. Albums get grouped with other albums sometimes. It’s been happening for like 60 something years and it’s messy and stupid but oh well. Debating whether albums get removed from the canon or if some shouldn’t count to begin with is a waste of time. It’s just easier to count everything and call this upcoming one LDR8. Whenever the poetry album comes out, I’m counting it as another proper album too. That’s just my two cents and it’s just an opinion, not a definitive answer.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This is def LDR7 cause Paradise was basically an album and had an entire era with a different sound and overall different vibe from BTD. It’s just like how The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga’s LG2 (which Gaga recognized). I don’t count AKA as a Lana Del Rey album, so it’s not LDR1 imo. She debuted as “Lana Del Rey” with the BTD era.

qfrWuBl.png

AKA is not part of her LDR discography. It was released under Lana Del RAy, had a different artist-persona and was taken off the market in like two months or something. Noone actually owned it, it's not obtainable anymore - only delusional fans count it. I guess the label counts Paradise as an album.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So I guess she is recording, if what they say is true?!?

I’d love a two-part album: falling desperately in love and « my dreams are now shattered ». For her well-being, I hope she really takes so time off to figure out who she is without a man, like they say on that article.