Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

“Lana is channeling all of her heartbreak into music,”

“She’s writing love songs and breakup ballads. Soon, she’ll probably have enough material for a new album!”

:lange: :angie: :oprah: :oprah2: :oprah3:

I’m here for heartbreaking songs. Thinking about it, she doesn’t have a lot of breakup songs in her catalog. She’s always been writing about sad stuff, about guys she misses, guys she wants in her life, but never really about her breakups. She’s been writing the new record with Jack for like 8 months now (maybe more, who knows if they were working on new music before August?). If she’s close to finishing it, we might get it this year. September or October would be perfect for new music.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I’m here for heartbreaking songs. Thinking about it, she doesn’t have a lot of breakup songs in her catalog. She’s always been writing about sad stuff, about guys she misses, guys she wants in her life, but never really about her breakups. She’s been writing the new record with Jack for like 8 months now (maybe more, who knows if they were working on new music before August?). If she’s close to finishing it, we might get it this year. September or October would be perfect for new music.

that's because you can't break a bitch's heart 

January: Born to Die

June: Ultraviolence

July: Lust for Life

August: Norman Fucking Rockwell

September: Honeymoon

October: LDR 7 ???

November: Paradise

December: Do I make you feel like Christmas time?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

January: Born to Die

June: Ultraviolence

July: Lust for Life

August: Norman Fucking Rockwell

September: Honeymoon

October: LDR 7 ???

November: Paradise

December: Do I make you feel like Christmas time?

I guess it depends if she is recording as well... what is Jack’s schedule and all, if she sticks with him... This whole Coronavirus situation will delay many things in the months to come... Maybe it won’t apply to her new record though, if she already has a clear vision.

I guess it depends if she is recording as well... what is Jack’s schedule and all, if she sticks with him... This whole Coronavirus situation will delay many things in the months to come... Maybe it won’t apply to her new record though, if she already has a clear vision.

Yeah, that's true ...and she also wants to put out her poetry book and her spoken word album... I guess we have to wait and see what happens in the next months...NFR! is only 7 months old and we now that Lana works on LDR 7 on some other projects (poetry) ...so we know that we will get something somewhere in the future..... Hopefully, she will stick to her plan and put it out as a surprise release or something like "Hey guys..my new record xy is coming next Friday.. here is the album cover shot by Neil Krug..hope you enjoy it" and then a single and a music video in the following days.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Yeah, that's true ...and she also wants to put out her poetry book and her spoken word album... I guess we have to wait and see what happens in the next months...NFR! is only 7 months old and we now that Lana works on LDR 7 on some other projects (poetry) ...so we know that we will get something somewhere in the future..... Hopefully, she will stick to her plan and put it out as a surprise release or something like "Hey guys..my new record xy is coming next Friday.. here is the album cover shot by Neil Krug..hope you enjoy it" and then a single and a music video in the following days.

Amen to all of that!!!

Except for the Instagram pictures, she didn't «do much for fans» through these hard times. I know, I sound greedy, but still... I'm hearing what a couple of artists are doing through this quarantine (livestreams, acoustic covers, single releases...). She should just release Yosemite and Roses Bloom for You as a double single release: I doubt she'll ever be in an «appropriate» state of mind to have them on a record and we've been craving for these fuckers for three years now. Two cute and positive songs would be sooooo soothing at the moment  :flutter:

She could record from home if she has a home studio. Jack can send her chord progressions and she can still write new songs at home too, she doesn’t need to be in a studio for that. I think they only need to be together to finish the tracks. But if she’s already almost done with the record, I don’t think the virus will delay anything, even if she can’t record at home.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Norman really is a grower, i think i can finally say that i love the record to bits. Max sweetie im so sorry but ive joined the jack train (though i wouldnt like her to work with him again)

- Norman really has such a bittersweet and evening sort of sound, its as though you're hearing it from afar. Have you ever been standing on top of a big hill overlooking a grand horizon and it makes you feel as though you have to whisper? Thats the feeling i get from it. The horns are such a subtle but important continuous theme for the production that holds the album together. This record is about setting sail into the unknown, taking that leap of faith no matter how scared you are, no matter how many reasons you have to not care or to feel hopeless, it is that inner strength and firm belief that there is a possibilty out there for you, for all of us. A possibility for hope. Rather than fear the unknown, its about diving into it, and being excited.

Personally i think its the first Lana album that takes on a cohesive story. Its an evening album to sit and watch the sunset to in the late afternoon. Looking back at the day(s). In a funny sort of way i actually relate to NFR the most. Born to Die was too grand for my life, UV has elements but is a little too cinematic, the same with Honeymoon. Lust for Life is relatable towards the end but the album struggled to find a persona. Whereas Norman is a very relatable day to day, simple yet sweet, bittersweet but still incredibly sad, light hearted, hopeful yet hopeless, unexplainably romantic and sexy and reminiscent. I find a lot of these qualities hit really close to home. I also think this album has the strongest closer of her entire discography, to end on a song like Hope Is A Dangerous Thing was a brave and bold choice, it just proves that in the end, despite all her struggles she always ends up in the dark. Alone at midnight. So that the Lana Del Rey story can continue...

This is one of the best album reviews I have read in a long time !   :gclap:

Such Heart-felt feelings, so emotional.

You have a gift for using the right words. I also agree with your point of view.

-

I just made a thread about it, but it looks like LDR7 will be filled with “love songs and break up ballads” following her split with Sean - http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/11381-life-style-lana-del-rey-is-‘taking-some-time-to-focus-on-music-following-split-from-sean-larkin/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

All I know is I don’t wanna hear a single damn snippet before this shit comes out. Waiting for NFR was made excruciating due to having heard most of the record already through snippets

Amen to all of that!!!

Except for the Instagram pictures, she didn't «do much for fans» through these hard times. I know, I sound greedy, but still... I'm hearing what a couple of artists are doing through this quarantine (livestreams, acoustic covers, single releases...). She should just release Yosemite and Roses Bloom for You as a double single release: I doubt she'll ever be in an «appropriate» state of mind to have them on a record and we've been craving for these fuckers for three years now. Two cute and positive songs would be sooooo soothing at the moment  :flutter:

Maybe the reason why she is not active on Instagram is that she is writing or recording or she just needs time for herself..but yeah at least a short live stream would be amazing..miss her live streams so much... and it would be a shame if we never get Y'semite and  Roses bloom for you. She actually said that she wanted to put out Yosemite and she even put out Yosemite's sister track TNBAR. And she teased Roses bloom twice on her Instagram... it's like waving with a steak in front of hungry lions and that eat the steak  .. lol...

But if she doesn't plan to put those two songs on LDR 7 it would be amazing to release the songs as standalone. And yeah agree that now would be a perfect time to release them. But I think  that Lana thinks that will leak anyway or that they maybe have leaked...Life is beautiful teas

OiUHEXQ.jpg

A lot of artists including Lana are going to be forced back into their shells these next few months, and we all know artists in isolation with nothing but their own creativity and without outsider influences is where some of the best music is crafted from... so expect some masterpieces released by the end of the year

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really wish she'd do a proper tour, like revamp the setlist and give us something new... Obviously with the current pandemic she can't tour but I've been dreaming of like a promo festival tour... Obviously this is just made up of the material we have but if she'd debut new material or even a poem etc.

Lana Del Rey

White Hot Forever: Summer 2020

01. Cruel World (contains elements of Cola)

02. Shades Of Cool

03. Blue Jeans

04. Freak (contains elements of Cherry)

05. Mariners Apartment Complex

06. High By The Beach

07. Fuck It, I Love You

08. Venice Bitch

09. Doin Time (contains elements of Florida Kilos)

10. West Coast

11. Norman Fucking Rockwell

12. Love Song

13. Video Games

14. Happiness Is A Butterfly

15. National Anthem

16. Love

17. Summertime Sadness

18. Lust For Life

19. Radio (contains elements of The Greatest)

20. Music To Watch Boys To

21. Cinnamon Girl

22. Born To Die

this is a great set list

Real random but here : 

http://instagram.com/p/B-UU7hWHqoq/

I feel for the girl, forsure. but I'm thinking maybe they're on to something. Hang tight Lanagirl we're here for u.

Neptune, yes, you said some good words

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland