lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

We will never get an album like this again.

Ugh, this era was an experience. The quality of the music (Lana realizing she sounds best singing rock/over a guitar), the sarcastic lyrics, the visuals, the festivals, the interviews.

Ugh, this era was an experience. The quality of the music, the sarcastic lyrics, the visuals, the festivals, the interviews.

The interviews were all a damn mess  :rip:  I guess they were an experience though 

I love how whenever the sun starts to come up in a year cycle I instinctively start playing Ultraviolence more often. There's just something in this album that corresponds to heavy heat summer days like no other.

UV is for 12am sun and HM is for 6pm sun

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

since we're getting close to the end of nfr's pre-release era i've been thinking a lot about the past eras i've experienced and i always come back to this one. UV's pre-release was such an exciting time, we were getting great visuals, performances, quality music, fantastic leaks (looking at you, because of you) and not to mention the way she announced it at the tropico premiere when we all thought paradise was gonna be her last release.  it was just such a fun time to be a stan and i really think thats part of why this album is my favorite, because i have so many good fun memories attached to it

Ugh, this era was an experience. The quality of the music (Lana realizing she sounds best singing rock/over a guitar), the sarcastic lyrics, the visuals, the festivals, the interviews.

2 videos are amazing but the way she scrapped the UV video and used them for another era was totally dumb.

Mfhp.gif

I think NFR will be UV 2.0.

definitely NOT in the visual and budget department. 

2 videos are amazing but the way she scrapped the UV video and used them for another era was totally dumb.

this!!! although it wasn't her fault, we can thank Ben for that!

i'm still praying we get the Pretty When You Cry music video. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

definitely NOT in the visual and budget department. 

this!!! although it wasn't her fault, we can thank Ben for that!

i'm still praying we get the Pretty When You Cry music video. 

I bet she deleted it or if it leaks she says "nothing really happens in the video".

Mfhp.gif

This album has my heart <3 (kind of).

The first five tracks are IMPECCABLE. Her best sequence of songs thus far imo. West Coast and Shades of Cool very well may be my eternal top 2 by her and they were perfect singles to introduce us to the newer, rawer, more alternative, idgaf what ppl think about me sound. That guitar solo in SoC  :oprah2:  :trisha: her chanting "hot weather in the summer, hot neglectful lover" in the background  :lange:  :oprah: . I mean SHIT it's so good. I was driving around with my boyfriend at the time and his dad (lol) and this song was playing and his dad was like "what is this? this is really good!" and I told him it was Lana and he was SHOOK. He mentioned thinking she wasn't very good (a sentiment shared by many back then) and that song changed his mind (at least for that moment). THE POWER THAT SONG HAS>>>>>

Anyways, then the rest of the album happens lol. I don't hate it but I think the sequencing hurts it. Sad Girl and Pretty When I Cry are both very repetitive and share the same key and some of the same melodic elements and I don't understand why they are back to back on the record for the life of me. For a long time I couldn't remember which had which buildup and payoff and to this day I can't remember which one I prefer and which one everyone loses their minds to. Fukt ma way and MPG are similar in that they both have spacious production and lack a bit of the rock bite the first bit of record had and they are also back to back. Easier to tell apart than SG//PWIC, but still too similar for that sequencing. Old Money is amazing and I have nothing bad to say about her. The Other Woman is actually one of my fav covers by her and it wraps the album up nicely, like a bonus scene at the end of a movie (I mean, c'mon, Old Money is definitely the real finale). ]

I usually consider this my favorite Lana album for the first 5 tracks +Old Money and Black Beauty. 

I’m feeling really sluggish and semi-sleepy for some reason and I got Shades of Cool in my mind so I turned it on and it’s like I heard her sing “shaaaaaaaaades of cooooollll” in a new way or for the first time, I’m just

Almost feels like one of those slowed-down-400% youtube videos??

Hard to describe but this emoticon will have to do :legend:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png