Fluorine

Charli XCX

Terms like "replay value" or "aged like milk" are such lazy attempts at trying to critique an album when you have no actual argument against it

I'm deeply sorry the artistic value of a work of art goes beyond your personal experience

And the fuck do you know about it? If I like the song I'll replay it a 100 times and I'll keep coming back to it. if I replay the song like 15 times and I don't come back to it, it doesn't mean it's bad, it's just not as good as the other one. It's simple as that. No need to speak in tumblr language here. And we are in the Charli XCX thread, she makes fun pop music with often simple lyrics and catchy production, there's nothing to talk about artistic value here, she is not bjork or gaga

What I wanted to say there is nothing artsy-fartsy about her, she is a pop singer/songwriter... But not on a serious level like Gaga or Sia.. There is no art in generic lyrics about partying, she had some moments tho. She is not self producing, she co-writes most of her shit, and whether a song is a bop or not depends who is producing her stuff. I stan her and love her so much, but I can't act like she is the lyricist of our generation.

What I wanted to say there is nothing artsy-fartsy about her, she is a pop singer/songwriter... But not on a serious level like Gaga or Sia.. There is no art in generic lyrics about partying, she had some moments tho. She is not self producing, she co-writes most of her shit, and whether a song is a bop or not depends who is producing her stuff. I stan her and love her so much, but I can't act like she is the lyricist of our generation.

I see her as an artist only because of POP2 and true romance, I feel like she created something unique with those records and she comes up with very catchy lyrics so I really think she is a songwriter

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I see her as an artist only because of POP2 and true romance, I feel like she created something unique with those records and she comes up with very catchy lyrics so I really think she is a songwriter

She kind of did, but I'd give more credit to Sophie and PC guys for that than Charli, I actually love everything except Pop 2, and she did something unique with TR, I just think that her music is not as good as it used to be since No 1 Angel.

She kind of did, but I'd give more credit to Sophie and PC guys for that than Charli, I actually love everything except Pop 2, and she did something unique with TR, I just think that her music is not as good as it used to be since No 1 Angel.

You’re conflating your own preference with the actual body of work. In Pop 2 she went out of her comfort zone way more than she did with N1A. Lucky, for example, is an auto-tune ballad with auto-tuned flutes and choirs as a background.

Like who uses flutes anymore in music? I mean, they sound horrible, I get it, but she managed to make them work

Pop 2 is anything but a step back in her career. She took every premise from N1A further. It’s fine having a preference but to say there was a decline in quality is just... not real

And the fuck do you know about it? If I like the song I'll replay it a 100 times and I'll keep coming back to it. if I replay the song like 15 times and I don't come back to it, it doesn't mean it's bad, it's just not as good as the other one. It's simple as that. No need to speak in tumblr language here. And we are in the Charli XCX thread, she makes fun pop music with often simple lyrics and catchy production, there's nothing to talk about artistic value here, she is not bjork or gaga

gaga? LMFAO

Sia? I can't...

Gagas early work was catchy enough-she's talented for sure same with sia but both are not making boundary pushing music and never really have let's make that clear

gaga? LMFAO

Sia? I can't...

Gagas early work was catchy enough-she's talented for sure same with sia but both are not making boundary pushing music and never really have let's make that clear

they really think they did something throwing gaga and even worst, sia, in the convo

this is so so wrong. charli is one of the most innovative artists of our generation, just think about how much she evolved since TR. she’s always changing styles, themes, images. she HAS an artsy and pop 2 and n1a shows that. i can’t believe you’re literally throwing all of her hard work in the trash just cause she likes to sing about parties? lol

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

i can’t believe you’re literally throwing all of her hard work in the trash just cause she likes to sing about parties?

This!!!!

Especially when Lady Gaga only rose to fame singing about partying (Just Dance) or her desire to be rich etc (The Fame). None of it was ground breaking, even her style was a rip off of Bowie but just more drunk white girl. All she did was write meaningless pop music and catchy lyrics yet she's being used an example to discredit Charli.

Also isn't it Gaga who's worked with Sophie on her upcoming album, when Charli did that 3 years ago?