annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Do you think that Lana has become a critics' darling? Honeymoon is amazing and beautiful but it isn't her best project to date yet it's her most acclaimed album.

Not exactly a "critics' darling" like Kevin Parker but her name is definitely super relevant in the industry.

who stole lanas work

i think they are talking about the person who keeps giving eclipse new lana material.

honestly please stop this discussion otherwise they probably block the whole lana section or smth 

i76mrxw.png 

Honestly I think that BTD and UV both being strong records on their own accord helped Honeymoon's critical reception.

I think a lot of people were expecting her to fail and put out some horrible follow up releases, but she just kept on releasing some overall stellar albums (in a broad sense of production and songwriting - especially relative to what her contemporaries are putting out)

"Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me" is one of the most haunting things I've ever heard

The delivery

:pray2:

The execution

The quality

"Dive in, dive deep in dark blue my sweet, rushing up from the water where the ice meets" is also one of her best lyrics

Swan Song really is a criminally underrated masterpiece

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Swan Song is perfect since its beggining with the strings coming forward and the beat picking it up in a really peaceful yet mesmerizing antagonism. It's soft, yet haunting. It's delicate, but there's a lot of anguish behind it.

The power Lana has to input such controversial emotions in a song is really a gift few artists have. It's magic. 

Honeymoon is an album to sit and reflect about life and existence. The instruments and lyrics go through that. It's not something you'll be able to enjoy while jogging or cleaning up the house. It's an art that's more delicate, therefore, harder to understand and abosrb. To me, that's what makes it even more beautiful. Lana's coming to really build up incredible art after these years. 

Swan Song really is a criminally underrated masterpiece

My favourite part is the tennis shoes lyric as well as "And you've been gone so long, you missed everything. The world can change in a day if you away" arghhhh

This was my favourite track off of Honeymoon for so long :suicide:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

receipts

a few charts accounts on twitter posted this, saying it sold 900k pure copies (1.1 with streams) worldwide + it's absolutely possible since it was at like 650k one year ago

giphy.gif

What could be considered the target audience for HM? What type of a person would you recommend HM to be checked out first before anything else in Lana's discography?

Definitely a more mature audience, it's a very adult album which doesn't follow any popular trends nor has any uptempo songs that could draw the attention of teens. I guess that's why the critics loved it while her fans were disappointed

giphy.gif

Definitely a more mature audience, it's a very adult album which doesn't follow any popular trends nor has any uptempo songs that could draw the attention of teens. I guess that's why the critics loved it while her fans were disappointed

I partially disagree.

More mature than BTD? Sure but it still features some tracks that don't show a significant growth thematically (music to watch boys to..)

It does follow *some* trends : Trap-inspired drum patterns in Art Déco, Hbtb and freak as well as some electronic elements here and there

Obviously it's not meant to be mainstream at all though

Lastly critics didn't exactly "love" it although you can say it received an higher score all in all

a few charts accounts on twitter posted this, saying it sold 900k pure copies (1.1 with streams) worldwide + it's absolutely possible since it was at like 650k one year ago

It's so confusing because on wikipedia it says that Honeymoon sold 600k as of January 2016, but at another point it says it sold 600k as of September 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeymoon_(Lana_Del_Rey_album)