Let Us Forever Be Starsailors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationVenice Beach
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 92d 4h 21m 37s

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

i never used to watch movies till this summer, i was always like "nah i'm too bored to see movies they're boring" but then i decided to make a list of all the cute films i've always been curios to watch and i've seen like 17 movies in the past month and i still have some i still have to watch.
these are the movies i've seen so far:

The virgin suicides 
Marie Antoniette
Lèon
The Black Swan 
Palo Alto 
Girl Interrupted 
Closer
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lolita 
Romeo + Juliet 
The Place Beyond the Pines
Bling Ring
Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You
Lion
Melancholia
The Breakfast Club
Cruel Intentions

i have this movies saved that i need to movie, suggest me which one do you think i should see first please haha
Her
500 days of summer
Clueless
Fight Club
Weird Science 

if you have more movies to suggest me i'll be happy to add em in my list

Watch Clueless next! It's awesome :)

Based on your lists, I have some suggestions:

- American Beauty
- The Craft
- Beaches
- Glass House
- Shawshank Redemption
- Heathers
- Flowers In The Attic (1987)
- The Devils Advocate
  • Masochism likes this
I want that Captain Eddie & Madame Wu kinda love.

#402 OFFLINE   Masochism

Masochism

Iwannastartawar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Time Online: 73d 15h 7m 56s

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

Watch Clueless next! It's awesome :)

Based on your lists, I have some suggestions:

- American Beauty
- The Craft
- Beaches
- Glass House
- Shawshank Redemption
- Heathers
- Flowers In The Attic (1987)
- The Devils Advocate

Thank you so much!! I'll add these 

• Arcadia likes this

#403 OFFLINE   jvcx

jvcx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Fan Since:February 2012
  • Time Online: 31d 6h 26m 6s

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

i never used to watch movies till this summer, i was always like "nah i'm too bored to see movies they're boring" but then i decided to make a list of all the cute films i've always been curios to watch and i've seen like 17 movies in the past month and i still have some i still have to watch.

Ouch that hurt, music and films being my two biggest passions  :giggle: You should check out Moonlight, The Revenant, Still Alice, Interstellar, Mad Max - Fury RoadGravity and Ex Machina - these are some of my faves and first ones to cross my mind right now. Though I'd also recommend Arrival - someone here it saw it earlier this year but I can't remember who -, Jackie, Elle, Dunkirk and La La Land. I enjoyed all of them a lot, and Isabelle Huppert was amazing in Elle which I saw a couple of weeks back. I see you've watched Melancholia, so I'd also recommend Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac, it's not an easy one especially if you're not watching it in the two volumes but in full (4 hours) but I first saw it early 2015 and there's still something engaging about it. And while we're at it, The Lobster.

My boyfriend and I go to the cinema quite frequently and this year we've went to see 13 films so far, Handmaiden tomorrow and another 2 on Friday which I'm really excited about, most of all because the second one we're seeing is Darren Aronofsky's mother! and I've been looking forward to it for quite some time. I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers but from what I've heard it could be one of this year's most distressing and sickening films - and for some reason that just makes me want to see it even more. Now I'm not into hardcore gore and shit but psychological thrillers are the best and I really love Black Swan so my hopes are quite high at this point. Other recent/upcoming films I also have on my watchlist are Get Out, It Comes at Night, Justice League, Nocturnal Animals, Thor: RagnarokThe Enchanted, A Cure for Wellness, Murder on the Orient Express, All Eyez on Me and The Killing of a Sacred Deer just to name some. 

I made a Letterboxd account 2,5 years ago and since then I've watched 464 films, 120 in these last 9 months.  :flutter:

• Masochism likes this

#404 OFFLINE   Masochism

Masochism

Iwannastartawar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Time Online: 73d 15h 7m 56s

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

@jvcx thanks for your suggestions!

I still have some movies to watch left, but I'll add some of the ones you suggested. Thanks.
Till this day I've seen 25 (obviously not on my whole life lmao, just these months)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users