Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

lyrics and sound are tragic. she really wants those republican yeehaw stans, explains why she's always trying to tour these places she has no demand and fanbase in.

Do you hate on everything she does to seem edgy? Or to just be contrarian?

giphy.gif

another controversy incoming bc it sounds too much like Fade Into You

I'm being serious

I'm hearing a vague reference to Fade Into You in Lana's new song but it doesn't really sound like FIY. I've always thought that Mazzy Star's music fits pretty well in the Lana universe anyway. :)

another controversy incoming bc it sounds too much like Fade Into You

I'm being serious

the only similarity with FIY is that they're both slow guitar songs  :rip:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Love this so much! Just the feel and vibe is so great. That slight 90’s nostalgia always ropes me in. The lyrics are beautiful and seem very promising. Crossing my fingers they continue that way. The sound, lyrics, and vibe just resonate with me. I’m definitely here for this! As others have said this track would go great with BAR. Also the more I listen to the snippet the more I feel like it could be alluding to the whole Guardian interview and the backlash from that. It just feels more meaningful than most of what was on LFL. Also I really do not believe this is Yosemite! I still don’t think Lana is at the place she referenced when talking about Yosemite. Either way I’m so excited!

Love this so much! Just the feel and vibe is so great. That slight 90’s nostalgia always ropes me in. The lyrics are beautiful and seem very promising. Crossing my fingers they continue that way. The sound, lyrics, and vibe just resonate with me. I’m definitely here for this! As others have said this track would go great with BAR. Also the more I listen to the snippet the more I feel like it could be alluding to the whole Guardian interview and the backlash from that. It just feels more meaningful than most of what was on LFL. Also I really do not believe this is Yosemite! I still don’t think Lana is at the place she referenced when talking about Yosemite. Either way I’m so excited!

Reminds me of 90s UK bands like The Verve, Primal Scream, Ocean Colour Scene, James, Oasis, Pulp etc

Doesn't the fandom universally hate the trap beats that have infected Lana's music? 

well you know what I mean, just poppy music in general is what I meant

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

well you know what I mean, just poppy music in general is what I meant

Sure do haha. Although personally, I wouldn't mind some uptempo/"poppy" music from Lana at all. As she has demonstrated before, she knows how to write bops while still being genuine and... well, Lana.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif