Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I love her little head bopping eyes closed and smile in the end :defeated: She's so obviously proud of it and enjoying it :oprah: I'm getting spurts of pure love towards her I love her so much. You can see how much she's involved in it and how much she cares. I really can't wait to see the universal critical acclaimed mention on wikipedia

4tdWYMA.png

I really miss the way she used to sing. I'm not talking about the breathy MDM-esque vocals but there's just something that seems more plain about her singing style than usual. Love the title and some parts of the melody though.

Edit: I hope there's some additional production in the studio version. I love the stripped back piano sound! Just a light touch of strings and it would be perfect. Something like this :defeated:

i hope the production has backing vocals or strings, even if it's subtle and soft; hopefully not cakes of reverb, i love the lyrics but i wanna see what she can do to differentiate Change and this cause if it's just a piano...this might b on the lower half of my personal favs on the record 

for reference now we have

-Venice Bitch

-Mariner's Apartment Complex

-Norman Fucking Rockwell

- How to Disappear

Potentially:

-Architecture

-Sylvia

-Bartender

-Yosemite

I think an exclusively piano ballad would work if she actually played the piano herself, but if it's not her, it would feel not genuine to me and I would have an issue with that. But as she tagged Jack specifically it's highly unlikely it's completely stripped imho

Something like this 

This is amazing... My all time Lana music dream would be for her to release a side record of straight up j a z z 

4tdWYMA.png

I get what you're saying, but there's a kind of beauty of letting things be said on their own, and what's so hypnotizing about her work is that she pulls you into her world. It's kinda like that saying, inspiration attracts, but manipulation repels. That sort of spell 

Others find the word 'soft' to be something weak, quickly associating the two, but when you come across something soft, like a flower, or how a gentle summer breeze blows, there's still a silent magnificence to them. For me, it could be easier to applaud larger feats, how grand they could be (like, people could applaud you with the sounds of oceans from their palms, and still forget you after the performance. Appreciation lingers a bit more) but there's also something so triumphant in the little things that no one readily notices. It makes those small things even more meaningful too

and when that tenderness connects, it melts, doesn't burn, you

probably one of the most try-hard posts i've read today  :toofunny:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Was half asleep, checked my phone and it said Lana posted a video 37 minutes ago and I thought it was just a selfie and went back to sleep. :facepalm:

Oh wow, the lyrics in How to Disappear. Wow wow wow, Lana has really been working on her lyrics this time. This is so heartfelt, this is gonna be one of her best ballads. My hopes for this album are skyrocketing, I’m so excited for this. I was a bit worried that MAC and VB would be the only two super good, amazing songs but with this snippet... it made me believe the whole album is gonna sound fantastic. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I really miss the way she used to sing. I'm not talking about the breathy MDM-esque vocals but there's just something that seems more plain about her singing style than usual. Love the title and some parts of the melody though.

Edit: I hope there's some additional production in the studio version. I love the stripped back piano sound! Just a light touch of strings and it would be perfect. Something like this :defeated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7QqhGRk9Y

I love Melody Gardot, she’s amazing and has a gorgeous voice.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Why is no one talking about How To Disappear? Hope it’s gonna be part of NFR!! The lyrics oh god it’s just what I needed

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Wow, How to disappear is really good! Such a lovely melody. I'm down with it being a simple piano ballad like change but it would be really nice, as some of you guys said, if some strings and backing vocals would come in later in the song, maybe even some faded drums Honeymoon style would work, I don't know. My excitement for this album keeps growing, wow!

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

But yeah, How To Disappear had me showing my mom going, “Look how beautiful she is!!! Listen to her voice! I love her!!” My mom was like, “lol, I know you love her.” For the record, I’m 31, I just live with my mom at the moment. I’m always shoving Lana in her face and I think she’s become a fan. I’m so excited for NFR it’s not even funny.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

So I guess we can expect HTD this month? It would make sense for it to be the 'more serious' October single! :defeated:

Although we have learned from our mistakes so I will not be hyping myself up until an official release is announced :toofunny: 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png