Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Yup. I feel like this album won't have any aesthetics this time which is a shame because Lana is a very visual person. Who knows though, maybe she'll pull something out of the bag and surprise us all.

I think this is the aesthetic of this era: I am who I am, I know what I can do best, I accept who I am and live with it. So we're back to minimalist videos and looks. She described the album as desert, with surfy touches, desert, Laurel Canyon; her natural looks are perfect for this. Also, we love the vintage look of Video Games: the videos of NFR are all homemade it seems. Plus I kinda get a bit of "back to my roots" vibe to so VB and MAC, so the minimal approach seems adequate for the videos as well. VB's video is really a good one, though not as spectacular as some others she did in the past, but quite effective. 

I feel like LFL has ruined the early excitement during the album pre releases. Before LFL i was so excited for what was to come, like beyond excited. I suppose because it followed Honeymoon which was such an obscure aesthetically pleasing record so it just engraved this amazing impression on me.

Whereas this time i'm not as excited before NFR. I know it'll be great but, i'm more worried if anything. I think what excited me most about Lana was her persona. Attached to the music she made it was a masterpiece. But now she's kind of plain you know? The basic locals outfits and political obsession, you wouldn't tell her apart from a crowd anymore and i think that's what annoyed me the most, she blends in too much and isn't as mysterious

LFL goddamnit

I agree in some ways but disagree in others I think there is certainly a lack of motivation behind her newer material for me personally,as the records don't speak to me and lack strong underlying themes to me.Also I think I'm one of the only people that actually liked a lot of the political material on lfl(its subjectively her worst record to me) as I could sense her passion in the topics atleast along with the title track love whereas I could not in a lot of the material that was trying to cling onto past glories e.g.tnc,beautiful people,groupie love,13 beaches as they felt very inauthentic to how she was at that time.About the appearance thing I don't like the image shes going for lately but it's her decision and if she's happy that's all that matters but I just wish I liked the material I found mac okay but that's it and I haven't listened to Venice bitch since it debuted.

I feel like LFL has ruined the early excitement during the album pre releases. Before LFL i was so excited for what was to come, like beyond excited. I suppose because it followed Honeymoon which was such an obscure aesthetically pleasing record so it just engraved this amazing impression on me.

Whereas this time i'm not as excited before NFR. I know it'll be great but, i'm more worried if anything. I think what excited me most about Lana was her persona. Attached to the music she made it was a masterpiece. But now she's kind of plain you know? The basic locals outfits and political obsession, you wouldn't tell her apart from a crowd anymore and i think that's what annoyed me the most, she blends in too much and isn't as mysterious

LFL goddamnit

sis the tea on this, this one HURT because it's true it's everything I've been thinking and feeling, back in 2013 when I stanned so hard I would have never ever thought Lana would become this type of artist, someone who doesn't give visuals a second thought, constantly recycling scrapped music videos and goes on stage in some adidas gear and sings half assed over her songs. I know y'all are saying that "oh she's happier now she's her authentic self she's mature blah blah" etc. but it's just upsetting because she used to try so hard for her art and put so much effort into the smallest things back then but nowadays it's just so casual there's no excitement, her recent music videos are all so throwaway. I know y'all are gonna attack me to filth

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Nnn I'm not really digging the new sound anyway so I doubt collabs would be detrimental for me its odd because it's happy but slow and that doesn't really work for me and when I say it needs to be more uptempo I don't mean "pop" there are tons of rock and experimental records that are mid tempo it's just at a conflict because she's trying to make happier music but the tone of her voice and the tempo has had the life stripped out of it and that only really works for sad records so I'm hoping they'll be different paces throughout the album.

I agree! I don't want like a Katy Perry track - but I'm hoping some more energy. Almost what Venice Bitch does when it picks up around the 2:00 min mark.

I still think/hope the lead single will have a slightly more mainstream sound.

Damn y'all spilling some tea right now tho.... I love Lana and I love that she's goin w a minimalist look for this, im here for her being in a happier place of mind, I'm hopeful she'll pull through w an exquisite album w Antonoff but...... yeah, ,LFL was such a slap in the face after the visual, sonic and lyrical beauty of UV&HM, that I am a bit worried myself abt NFR...

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I'm not against collabs in theory, but I hated every single collab on LFL. TNC wasn't *that* awful, but I think Sean really could have done better.

I still want one with Jimmy Gnecco js

Sean actually did do something because the song was the melody of a Beatles song he didn’t have to let her use so I mean lol

So what are y'all (realistically) seeing for the Norman Fucking Rockwell album cover?

I hope this time she’s in front of a 60s/70s VW van lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

So what are y'all (realistically) seeing for the Norman Fucking Rockwell album cover?

A half assed photo by Chuck, obviously. There's no other option

I'd like something of her in front of a graffiti camper van down a country road with a lake and some power lines in the distance, but tastefully done with a grainy 70s aesthetic the way neil did for the UV cover

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i am hoping for a Glen Campbell Galveston style cover, i think something dreamy like that would be cool and a new change and just her style 

wkpefo.jpg

e1s11.gif

Something pretty similar to the Venice Bitch promo photo is the most realistic expectation that I have for the cover, but I obviously hope for a better one 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I hope this time she’s in front of a 60s/70s VW van lol

That's what I wanted for LFL, it would've matched so perfectly with the hippie, Love music video look, and overall peace oriented aesthetic of the album...honestly, Lana,missed opportunity, big time

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

That's what I wanted for LFL, it would've matched so perfectly with the hippie, Love music video look, and overall peace oriented aesthetic of the album...honestly, Lana,missed opportunity, big time

watch this bitch just be sitting on an open tailgate of a beat up '77 Oldsmobile cruiser style station wagon 

e1s11.gif

Holy shit...I just discovered..Norman Rockwell is born on my actual birthday, February third. Wow! 

The album is coming early next year...is titled Norman Fucking Rockwell....If this bitch is tryna release this album on Norman's actual birthday just to pay some homage to him it would be extremely amazing, a Lana album on my birthday, especially one that looks like it's gonna be my favourite, that would be the best birthday present EVER 

Guys,I play MAC through my new speakers and I can barely hear the instrumental in the verses compared to the acapella..I think the mixing in this song is not good,and its a pity since its so good

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...