Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I love how this bitch is ignoring her fan base, release date in magazines (PLURAL), and overall existence of her own album. She's cancelled.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I wonder where the songs we have will fall in the track list. I keep imagining MAC as a closer. The guitar at the end reminds me of the synth at the end of Green Light. And I definitely see VB somewhere in the middle functioning as a transition to the rockier side of the album. Not placing In Your Car because I don’t know what the actual sound will be.

Norman Fucking Rockwell

How to Disappear

Cinnamon

-

Hope is a Dangerous Thing

Happiness is a Butterfly

-

Venice Bitch

-

-

-

-

Mariners Apartment Complex

Mariners feels like such an opener to me! Ive kinda guessed around and I think this is probable

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell

3. In Your Car

4. Happiness Is A Butterfly

5. Cinnamon

6. Venice Bitch

7. Song 7

8. Song 8

9. Song 9

10. Song 10

11. Song 11

12. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It

13. How To Disappear

I made this a while ago, I don't know how accurate it is now because she said the last songs were rockier

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Mariners feels like such an opener to me! Ive kinda guessed around and I think this is probable

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell

3. In Your Car

4. Happiness Is A Butterfly

5. Cinnamon

6. Venice Bitch

7. Song 7

8. Song 8

9. Song 9

10. Song 10

11. Song 11

12. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It

13. How To Disappear

I made this a while ago, I don't know how accurate it is now because she said the last songs were rockier

I would be here for this too.

Do you think him and Lana would make a good collaboration? Like, honestly if they made TNC 2.0 together it would outsell the original imo

Honestly, yes. I think their voices would go pretty well together :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

haha, those salty replies are just proving my point though. If the shoe fits, you should wear it

Beep beep boop boop. I am a bot and none of the words/phrases/sentences detected in this post is relevant to the thread Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread.

And beep beep boop boop. I am a bot reminding you that you can be a bitch, just don't be a stupid self-contradicting bitch. 

nF70D0F.png

I wonder what happened in Lana's mind to make an album like Honeymoon so quickly. It's perfect. NFR could also be, but she takes too much time for unknown reasons. And I hope there's only 13 tracks. VB is already 10 minutes. I'm not one of those people who prefer quantity over quality.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I never tried to guess the tracklist for this album and I know it's kinda boring to discuss (again!) but I wanna give it a try lol.

1. Mariners. It's a good introduction for what the album seems to be about (she says that she feels misunderstood in several songs, as I mentioned some week ago, and this is a good way to start saying that) and the last echoing words seem to fit perfectly as a opener I think. Are we ready for what she's about to tell us?
  2. Title track. If it's called Norman Fucking Rockwell just like the album, it feels like it's a good place to put it as the second song, just like Ultraviolence and LFL. Mentioning that people misunderstands her in the previous song, she'll continue with saying that this guy think he's the best in this song.
  3. In your car. Feels like a beginning of HIAB's "don't call me a taxi, sitting in your backseat".
  4. Happiness is a butterfly. "Don't be a jerk... I just wanna dance with you". While this guy really think he's the best and misunderstands her, she still wants to be with him.
  5. New track. Feels like we need a unheard song to keep the interest up.
  6. Cinnamon? The synths we heard in the chorus snippet feels too different from HTD and hope/Sylvia and I kind of can't see Cinnamon being too close to them in the tracklist.
  7. New track.
  8. New track. Yosemite? Bartender?
  9. How to disappear? Lana pondering about her current life and state of mind, of her past and what her future might look like.
  10. hope is a keyboard smash. A quiet, melancholic song right before those rock influences songs to end the album.
  11. New track. The start of the three last songs with a rock undertone.
  12. New track.
  13. Venice Bitch. The song is slightly chaotic, maybe a summary of the emotions she's been feeling and telling us in this album, and leaves you wanting more with the last notes.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I wonder what happened in Lana's mind to make an album like Honeymoon so quickly. It's perfect. NFR could also be, but she takes too much time for unknown reasons. And I hope there's only 13 tracks. VB is already 10 minutes. I'm not one of those people who prefer quantity over quality.

We know that she is telling a grand story where each album is a chapter of her life. Is it possible the we caught up to her present timeline? It's easier to tell a story from a distance: we know what's important and what's not, making it more cohesive; when you are in the middle of a story, things are a bit more blurry. HM felt to me that it was inspired by past events. Plus we know she had the whole concept - mood in mind before embarking on the project. 

From what we gathered from the interviews, it seems that after the whole LFL chapter (tumultuous times in her life, the drama of the album itself  and the tour afterwards), she wants to go her own pace and do what she likes / wants: so no promo, having fun inbetween sngwriting. Plus there's the fact that Jack is based in NYC and cannot be available 24-7 like Rick was. 

ee5jxmGv_o.gif

you guys, pls HELP. my external hard drive just crashed and i lost all my non officially released lana shit & i'm freaking tf out. where can i dl her complete up-to-date unreleased discog??

http://lanadelreyfiles.tumblr.com/home

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I never tried to guess the tracklist for this album and I know it's kinda boring to discuss (again!) but I wanna give it a try lol.

1. Mariners. It's a good introduction for what the album seems to be about (she says that she feels misunderstood in several songs, as I mentioned some week ago, and this is a good way to start saying that) and the last echoing words seem to fit perfectly as a opener I think. Are we ready for what she's about to tell us?
  2. Title track. If it's called Norman Fucking Rockwell just like the album, it feels like it's a good place to put it as the second song, just like Ultraviolence and LFL. Mentioning that people misunderstands her in the previous song, she'll continue with saying that this guy think he's the best in this song.
  3. In your car. Feels like a beginning of HIAB's "don't call me a taxi, sitting in your backseat".
  4. Happiness is a butterfly. "Don't be a jerk... I just wanna dance with you". While this guy really think he's the best and misunderstands her, she still wants to be with him.
  5. New track. Feels like we need a unheard song to keep the interest up.
  6. Cinnamon? The synths we heard in the chorus snippet feels too different from HTD and hope/Sylvia and I kind of can't see Cinnamon being too close to them in the tracklist.
  7. New track.
  8. New track. Yosemite? Bartender?
  9. How to disappear? Lana pondering about her current life and state of mind, of her past and what her future might look like.
  10. hope is a keyboard smash. A quiet, melancholic song right before those rock influences songs to end the album.
  11. New track. The start of the three last songs with a rock undertone.
  12. New track.
  13. Venice Bitch. The song is slightly chaotic, maybe a summary of the emotions she's been feeling and telling us in this album, and leaves you wanting more with the last notes.

Venice Bitch feels end of the album but not the last song. How to Disappear could be the closer. Or Yosemite if it makes the cut? 

Ever since January, I thought that In Your Car would open the album, followed by Mariners. But last week, something popped into my head: we know a lot of the last part of Happiness Is a Butterfly... but what about its beginning? What if it begins with a cool piano-driven intro and therefore, opens the album? And it could posisbly transition well between LFL's Get Free to NFR.

But I really don't know. It's anyone's guess at this point. And i  nver know where to put Cinnamon in the lot. 

Venice Bitch feels end of the album but not the last song. How to Disappear could be the closer. Or Yosemite if it makes the cut? 

Ever since January, I thought that In Your Car would open the album, followed by Mariners. But last week, something popped into my head: we know a lot of the last part of Happiness Is a Butterfly... but what about its beginning? What if it begins with a cool piano-driven intro and therefore, opens the album? And it could posisbly transition well between LFL's Get Free to NFR.

But I really don't know. It's anyone's guess at this point. And i  nver know where to put Cinnamon in the lot. 

Well, I dunno, that was just my speculation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Mariners would be the best opening track bc not only does it SOUND like the perfect introduction. But it's theme and lyrics really pick up where Get Free left off. It has references to the ocean, and it's lyrics like "you took my sadness outta context" and "I ain't no candle In the wind" continue her quest to move out of the black and into the blue. :oprah3:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I really think hope is not going to be on the album. This may be a stretch but its the only single that's been released that hasnt had its title capitalized. The title is all in lower case and I feel like she's designating it as not on the album.. also i feel like How to disappear will be the album's last track a la "Old Money" on Ultraviolence if the other woman cover hadnt been on there

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Mariners would be the best opening track bc not only does it SOUND like the perfect introduction. But it's theme and lyrics really pick up where Get Free left off. It has references to the ocean, and it's lyrics like "you took my sadness outta context" and "I ain't no candle In the wind" continue her quest to move out of the black and into the blue. :oprah3:

That's exactly what I thought