Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm usually pretty patient on here. But I have to say...we're in April - when the F**K are they going to announce the album? 

She released buzz tracks.

There was a press release saying mid 2019

She's teased snippets.

It's time for a lead single and an album date! I really thought she would release in June, but that sort of means a single would need to drop this month and we haven't heard anything!!

One thing Lana doesn’t seem to be considering is that guitar and drums were trademarks of the Laurel Canyon sound.

I guess there were some Carole King songs centered around the piano, though. And Joni of course. I wonder if Lana is influenced by Jennie Pearl’s “Maybe in Another Year” from Ladies From the Canyon

I'm usually pretty patient on here. But I have to say...we're in April - when the F**K are they going to announce the album?

She released buzz tracks.

There was a press release saying mid 2019

She's teased snippets.

It's time for a lead single and an album date! I really thought she would release in June, but that sort of means a single would need to drop this month and we haven't heard anything!!

Totally with you on this. If we don’t have the single in April, it’s gonna be sayonara to NFR in June, and hello to end of summer release :/

It would be totally stupid and too long to have it release in August. She needs to come through.

maybe she’ll pull a honeymoon and release a single a month before the album

Honeymoon truly was the best era. 15 months after UV (nobody was over it even a year after it), we had had 3 singles in the meantime (Big Eyes soundtrack and Wait for Life), the project pretty much stayed the same, tease of title track in June, track released in July, lead in August, 3 fan singles and the album in September. And what an album. Smart, minimal and cohesive release. None of this dragging on NFR shit.

I’m glad she only teased a few seconds of the latest song.

I’m actually starting to become excited again for how this album will sound in one listen. The haunting piano ballads transitioning to the psychedelic rock daydreams

Honeymoon truly was the best era. 15 months after UV (nobody was over it even a year after it), we had had 3 singles in the meantime (Big Eyes soundtrack and Wait for Life), the project pretty much stayed the same, tease of title track in June, track released in July, lead in August, 3 fan singles and the album in September. And what an album. Smart, minimal and cohesive release. None of this dragging on NFR shit.

quite the golden era.. wow i forgot how amazing all of that was /:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

i don't think Venice bitch and Mac will be on nfr. she called these songs "end of summer jams", she never said they were from her upcoming album. i mean I'd like it if they were on the album but

if they weren't i wouldn't be surprised*

I’ve said this a couple times now but the songs directly reference the album. VB references Norman Rockwell, while MAC references VB

Is it true that the album is being pushed back due to Universal who is currently focusing on Billie Eilish?

Not officially, no. It’s not been said by anyone in Interscope, Jack, or Lana herself.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Is it true that the album is being pushed back due to Universal who is currently focusing on Billie Eilish?

It’s interscope and polydor - no not just Billie it’s mutiple artists which are releasing. Madonna, Gaga. Ellie Goulding in the next few months. They probably want Lana to have her own space and Billie and her era has been successful so they want to milk it before people get bored of her and she tanks like Lorde. It seems resonable we will get a single in the next 2 months and an album between June and September.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Were not get anything this month apart from V Magazine (maybe...).

Which might have an interview? Does V Mag do interviews with their cover person?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It’s interscope and polydor - no not just Billie it’s mutiple artists which are releasing. Madonna, Gaga. Ellie Goulding in the next few months. They probably want Lana to have her own space and Billie and her era has been successful so they want to milk it before people get bored of her and she tanks like Lorde. It seems resonable we will get a single in the next 2 months and an album between June and September.

Lana having to wait for everyone else, bc, interscope : RO6LvjM.gif

lol, clearly she got everyone waiting for this!!

Norman. His gay mind. ITS SO POWERFUL. It's like Cerebro, but for GAYS giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I think no one really knows if it actually is true, but I don't believe it

Which might have an interview? Does V Mag do interviews with their cover person?

Yes, in the past her V Mag interviews were with James Franco and Stevie Nicks.