Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

the "you dont ever have to be stronger than you really are" line is so powerful :defeated:

i was at the gym earlier today doing shoulder exersies w my trainer and he was like "i'm super tired today so we're doing light weights" and i was like woah. it's okay to feel tired and weaker.

it's okay to be sad when you're sad :defeated:

It’s interscope and polydor - no not just Billie it’s mutiple artists which are releasing. Madonna, Gaga. Ellie Goulding in the next few months. They probably want Lana to have her own space and Billie and her era has been successful so they want to milk it before people get bored of her and she tanks like Lorde. It seems resonable we will get a single in the next 2 months and an album between June and September.

Yeah, it's a big year for female singers. Rihanna is also rumored to surprise drop her next album. Taylor and Beyonce are preparing something. Lana is «big», but to have a number 1 again, she must release NFR when the coast is cleared. 

I wonder how much in advance music companies know about coming releases. And are surprise drops known by the big shots of the other companies as well?

does it matter whose teleaseing what and when? i’m genuinely asking. like if every big artist was realeasing albums here and there all throughout the year then i guess lana won’t release until 2020? i’m not genuinely asking here. it just sounds stupid lol.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

does it matter whose teleaseing what and when? i’m genuinely asking. like if every big artist was realeasing albums here and there all throughout the year then i guess lana won’t release until 2020? i’m not genuinely asking here. it just sounds stupid lol.

It only matters if Interscope is « greedy » and absolutely wants a number 1 album with NFR. I’m pretty sure they want it to be successful.

It’s also beneficial for her: every time she scored a number 1, she got a great deal of freedom for the next record (HM and NFR).

But to us fans, it doesn’t matter at all: we’ll buy or steam the damn thing whenever it comes out.

To Lana it doesn’t matter. If it was up to her, she’d release any time of the year when she wants to. That’s what’s funny about a lot of this conversation about other artists bc if it actually was due to an oversaturated releasing schedule, that would be the label’s choice whether to allow the release or not. She’s said it herself that she likes a window of 14-16 months between albums which is what happened with UV and HM so we know that’s truly how she’d do it if she was allowed (which works better, given the self-massacre she did to LFL by waiting too long and changing it)

Bc she’s been so quiet, I’m not sure if it’s Lana’s decision that’s making the wait longer or her label but I’d put money on the latter

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don’t think this is the reason they’re not releasing the album. If it was ready then they already had the opportunity to release it before. I still think the problem is internal issues with the label, in her beats 1 interview she said that they asked why couldn’t she just release a normal pop song instead of venice bitch.

They were already complaining about wanting a proper pop single and then she released hope. Doesn’t make any sense, does it? After that months go by and no “real” single or album..

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to the shoot that is featured in the post

He could be but he only added the "@vmag" bit after everyone in the comments was asking whether it's for the album or another V mag shoot so who knows 

To Lana it doesn’t matter. If it was up to her, she’d release any time of the year when she wants to. That’s what’s funny about a lot of this conversation about other artists bc if it actually was due to an oversaturated releasing schedule, that would be the label’s choice whether to allow the release or not. She’s said it herself that she likes a window of 14-16 months between albums which is what happened with UV and HM so we know that’s truly how she’d do it if she was allowed (which works better, given the self-massacre she did to LFL by waiting too long and changing it)

Bc she’s been so quiet, I’m not sure if it’s Lana’s decision that’s making the wait longer or her label but I’d put money on the latter

I don’t think this is the reason they’re not releasing the album. If it was ready then they already had the opportunity to release it before. I still think the problem is internal issues with the label, in her beats 1 interview she said that they asked why couldn’t she just release a normal pop song instead of venice bitch.

They were already complaining about wanting a proper pop single and then she released hope. Doesn’t make any sense, does it? After that months go by and no “real” single or album..

I was thinking the same, about the strategic date. It could be one of the reasons why NFR is delayed, though it could be resolved very quickly (Jesus, a look at a calender with releases takes 5 minutes). I think too there is something they don't «like» about NFR, and it very possible that it is because it has no real hit on it. 

I was thinking the same, about the strategic date. It could be one of the reasons why NFR is delayed, though it could be resolved very quickly (Jesus, a look at a calender with releases takes 5 minutes). I think too there is something they don't «like» about NFR, and it very possible that it is because it has no real hit on it. 

If they agreed to release Honeymoon because of High By The Beach, they can easily agree to release NFR because of Cinnamon. It's a catchy pop song, a perfect single. With the production it's even as catchy as her BTD singles... So I don't think it's the case here.

I think it's all because of this damn poetry book and we're just reaching because of lack of actual info.  :toofunny: Remember when Tropico was also "coming soon" for a few months straight? I'm almost sure she then revealed it was all because of her personal organization problems. 

Okay honestly I'm starting to believe lana is being brainwashed and turning anti-gay. Especially now that shes going to Zoechurch which some say its affiliated with hillsong and even Church Home which some still say its associated with hillsong. I mean lets look ag the possibilities here.

The owner of the Beverly Hills Hotel is promoting for death by stone law or whatever is going on. And we can def. see lana going alot more often especially with her friend to the Beverly Hills Hotel. Then we have her going to church. Then her team not renewing licenses for Gods and Monsters could it be because of ( me and god dont get along[lyrics]) . And lets not forget shes canceled many shows like Justin bieber did so he could get closer to god

Now dont get me wrong i support her in her decision i love the art that she puts so i can separate the person and the art but i wonder whats making her head towards this drastic direction. And i do get it shes trying to get closer to God but i dont something is not right here.

All of this is so trash. All of us gays must be careful with who we choose to idealize. That hotel thing is serious.

I can separate the artist and the art but I'll not give my money to lost-LA-LVbags-queens who doesn't give a damn about human rights while they're singing about how affectionate is their god.

(Isn't christianity supposed to ban luxury ? You americans can be so weird sometimes ^^)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

If they agreed to release Honeymoon because of High By The Beach, they can easily agree to release NFR because of Cinnamon. It's a catchy pop song, a perfect single. With the production it's even as catchy as her BTD singles... So I don't think it's the case here.

I think it's all because of this damn poetry book and we're just reaching because of lack of actual info. :toofunny: Remember when Tropico was also "coming soon" for a few months straight? I'm almost sure she then revealed it was all because of her personal organization problems.

It’s true Cinnamon is catchy.

I love how we all have our personal reason for the NFR delay. The poetry book makes sense also. We just need fucking news!!!

We could just ask Lana why she stays at that hotel and if she knows it's funding Brunei's anti-queer death-by-stoning law.

giphy.gif

Tbh I didn't even know that hotel funds the stoning law. I don't think that's something EVERYONE knows, like it's 'hidden info' if you know what I mean.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

We could just ask Lana why she stays at that hotel and if she knows it's funding Brunei's anti-queer death-by-stoning law.

like if she's going to reply... 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: