Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

lana's been going to that hotel for years, and i doubt she knows its owned by Brunei

it really amazes me tho how anyone here can make up some far fetched theory or rumor about lana becoming a hardcore christian homophobe based on her going to a random church and everyone on here treating it as if its a fact... like uhmmm yall okay

image.png

Like we're entitled to anything really, pls don't open up that discussion if possible btw, but she's got an AMAZING catalog of work that we'll always be able to enjoy, and for that I'm thankful. She's nothing to really prove anymore, at least, now if anything anyway, so I'm glad she's still got this record out. Makes me sad at how she references how she's got kids and a yard, breaks my heart, and further if she'd be talking to this at us. Don't wanna sound like a sap, but that'd be incredibly sad, even just listening about it. 

It's a shitty wait definitely, but I'm still not gonna forget at how amazing she is for her work, and not take it for granted. Like fine lemme fuckin wait, might be the the last or long while til we're ever this irritated again for something as special. I do hope ur matcha/green smoothies extra luscious today queen. We're still waiting for u like that huh 

UV/Honeymoon

lana's been going to that hotel for years, and i doubt she knows its owned by Brunei

it really amazes me tho how anyone here can make up some far fetched theory or rumor about lana becoming a hardcore christian homophobe based on her going to a random church and everyone on here treating it as if its a fact... like uhmmm yall okay

then what, should people not care about her attending a notoriously homophobic church? because that’s a fact and there probably are reasons why she’s going there. And she can’t not be aware. how “funny” it would be if those were not important subjects that she’s acting that way right after trying to be woke and “socially aware” in 2017... and that’s paradoxically in the continuation of the LFL era (which we knew so much more about than the unfathomable NFR one by the way)

random church yeah, super random :um2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

random church yeah, super random :um2:

yep, cuz everyone seems to ignore lana has been part of the catholic church since forever which is also notoriously homophobic, supports conversion therapy etc. but weve gone over this a hundred times already so i wont discuss it any longer

then what, should people not care about her attending a notoriously homophobic church? because that’s a fact and there probably are reasons why she’s going there. And she can’t not be aware. how “funny” it would be if those were not important subjects that she’s acting that way right after trying to be woke and “socially aware” in 2017... and that’s paradoxically in the continuation of the LFL era (which we knew so much more about than the unfathomable NFR one by the way)

lets be real, LFL was extremly superficial when it came to its ~political~ themes, its not like lana is woke or smth

image.png

yep, cuz everyone seems to ignore lana has been part of the catholic church since forever which is also notoriously homophobic, supports conversion therapy etc. but weve gone over this a hundred times already so i wont discuss it any longer

lets be real, LFL was extremly superficial when it came to its ~political~ themes, its not like lana is woke or smth

My fucking god if I hear one more person talking about the catholic church......... Can y'all stop playing dumb with this bullshit comparison? Lana was born catholic, as many people are. It's not a choice she made. Do you know any catholics? Do you know many catholics? I do, and I can't think of a single one under the age of 50 who's actually practicing. Not a single person. Even the ones that were sent to catholic school as kids. More than half of the people I know who were born into catholic families are only vaguely christian. Most catholics these days (elderly people aside) don't give a fuck about the church and its teachings. I don't remember ever seeing any pictures of Lana near a catholic church, and honestly, it wouldn't matter to me if she went to church (a catholic church) once or twice. I've been forced/pressured into going to church by family members in the past, it happens. Now, if she suddenly started going to church every Sunday and turned into a devout catholic? I'd feel the exact fucking same as I do now with Hillsong.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

these discussions over lana being anti-gay are a little ridiculous. wbk she can be dumb sometimes but i think the LAST thing we can say is shes homophobic or ever will be unless she gets fucking brainwashed

can we go back to crying over this album now?

a lot of your posts, including this one, read like some kind of surrealist poetry and i'm honestly jealous of the ability to string words together so masterfully

thank u i hope others share the same luv

Just a little reminder to all the gays on this site: Hillsong would NEVER let you in position of power because they don't see the LGBT community as equals to hets. Remeber that. xoxo

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think Norman Fucking Rockwell will be the first album Lana didn't really "experiment" like her previous ones. From what we've heard most of the album will be heavy piano influenced with some trap beats, and we've heard that from her before. I hope some of the other songs have synths or whatever because as for now she's giving us more of the same. I've always defended her from people who say she does the same thing since BTD because that's not true, she's been evolving and experimenting with new styles and genres ever since her debut and I hope NFR keeps the trend on going, but at the same time I feel like she reached her peak and should take a long ass break to get to know new things, new styles, experiment and come back with a kick ass fresh album. Her lyrics are also going nowhere, if she took some time to LIVE and get to know new people and places then she could write about these new experiences and serve something new lyrically. Lyrics like Love, 13 Beaches, Change and Get Free seemed like she was taking a step forward and these new songs are the complete opposite (except for MAC). 

tumblr_inline_po6bubkqAw1wtmtug_1280.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think Norman Fucking Rockwell will be the first album Lana didn't really "experiment" like her previous ones. From what we've heard most of the album will be heavy piano influenced with some trap beats, and we've heard that from her before. I hope some of the other songs have synths or whatever because as for now she's giving us more of the same. I've always defended her from people who say she does the same thing since BTD because that's not true, she's been evolving and experimenting with new styles and genres ever since her debut and I hope NFR keeps the trend on going, but at the same time I feel like she reached her peak and should take a long ass break to get to know new things, new styles, experiment and come back with a kick ass fresh album. Her lyrics are also going nowhere, if she took some time to LIVE and get to know new people and places then she could write about these new experiences and serve something new lyrically. Lyrics like Love, 13 Beaches, Change and Get Free seemed like she was taking a step forward and these new songs are the complete opposite (except for MAC). 

tumblr_inline_po6bubkqAw1wtmtug_1280.gif

...what

To be honest I'm finding her personality really off putting lately. The auburn bimbo Lana back in 2012 was more bearable than how she is now. :pft:

She’s more of a bimbo now ...shes hanging out with kardashien wannabes how low can she get? She’s using trash gangster talk like ‘pull up’ and ‘fam’. If anything she had class in 2012 - like that interview sitting next to the château marmot swimming pool all sophisticated talking like she had brain cells. She did cute things like wearing a Ferrari jacket, now all we can hope for is she combs her hair and puts on some (Literally any) lipstick.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

She’s more of a bimbo now ...shes hanging out with kardashien wannabes how low can she get? She’s using trash gangster talk like ‘pull up’ and ‘fam’. If anything she had class in 2012 - like that interview sitting next to the château marmot swimming pool all sophisticated talking like she had brain cells. She did cute things like wearing a Ferrari jacket, now all we can hope for is she combs her hair and puts on some (Literally any) lipstick.

Damn you're right. Bimbo wasn't the right word to use I guess. Auburn starlet is a more accurate fit.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven