Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I actually think HIAB is NFR...

"So the title track is called "'Norman Fucking Rockwell'" and it's kind of about this guy who is such a genius artist but he thinks he’s the shit and he knows it and he like won't shut up talking about it." We've heard like 80% of HIAB, and it doesn't fit her description. I know she's unreliable, but BAR/Architecture is the type of vibe I expect from NFR. HIAB is a lot more about her than the guy.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

that wildsycamore dude on tumblr said something like that too but i cant see NFR having any featurings...

I don’t either... But remember the 4chan report / rumour from March? It said she got a very recluse artist to make a cameo on a track...

probably false, but rumours are the only interesting things at the moment we could talk about.

And also: if we start to have more rumours, does it mean something is about to happen?

I don’t know how long you’ve been a fan, but it’s been apparent since the release of UV that the LDR persona of BTD/P was a fabrication.

Like so many, including me, you probably ‘wanted to believe,’ consciously or semi-consciously, that the LDR persona as we knew her from BTD/P was authentic.

I'm sorry? How did Ultraviolence supposedly reveal the "BTD persona" was a lie? I didn't see any contradictions. I saw growth. And she seemed even more mature in Honeymoon. It still felt like the same person.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Chill with the condescending tone. You say "kids on the internet" like you're assuming I'm 14 or something, I'm in my 20s and I know my music history. I've gotten deep into 1960s rock music and I'd say I'm pretty well-rounded.

Of course she deserves her privacy and, like I said, I don't really mind her crafting different personas so long as she keeps her promises regarding her releases. None of those artists ever said they were going to make a ton of different projects (like all the music videos that never happened) without ever following up.

I agree about the condescending tone; few of us know anything about one another--and that's what we're talking about specifically here, identity and authenticity, ironically enough. 

All I was saying was that the LDR of 2011-2012 WAS a persona, an act, purely that, which was presented more or less as 'real,' as 'authentic,' and a great deal of us bought into it because we wanted it to be so. I know I did.

So I was, I acknowledge, very disappointed when she dropped the 2011-2012 persona and presented us more or less with a "this is more of who I really am, warts and all, even if it's still not totally me" persona and started being amateurishly photographed on a deck in a nightgown. Everything changed with the advent of UV, though 'West Coast' was, to me, more in line with BTD/P. By the era of LFL, she was posting those, to me, grotesque, poorly photographed selfies on Facebook, which suggested to me that she was telling her audience "but I'm not that, no I'm not that. I'm a youngish woman on the pretty side who has had some facial surgery, and, without makeup, this is what I look like." I assume she had some private reason for taking that course of action, probably related to the desire to completely strip away here 2011-2012 persona. 

So yes, she's a part of a historical tradition that's been taking since the dawn of recorded history, and the American entertainment industry in which 'common' individuals transform themselves through a lot of hard work into figures of galore, power  and elitism, whether they're Napoleon, Marie Antoinette, Lord Byron, Louise Brooks, Paul Muni, Joan Crawford, Cary Grant, Lana Turner, Marilyn Monroe, Jim Morrison, David Bowie, Madonna or LDR. They often change their names; they become 'Cher' and 'Nico,' 'Tori Amos' and 'Lana Del Rey.' In some cases, the new persona is an overt character, like Pee Wee Herman or the multiple characters Andy Kaufman did. In many ways, the LDR of 2011-2012 was an overt character. 

Look all I know is, the girl Lana pretends to be is who I really am (minus certain things ofc) and deff other fans so what does it matter? That girl still exists inside of me and always will. Anyone who is heartbroken needs to realize u found parts of yourself in her facade but it still exists inside of u.

anyway i just hope more artists like her come out xoxo

This is only half-true for me, but the things that don't apply to me apply to people I've known and loved. People I've shared my life with. That's what bothers me the most. It's exploitative, and it's like she's making fun of us with her culture-vulture ways.

'Make the delay longer' I'm sorry but they're not children that must be coddled or they'll not do something out of pure spite. They're professionals (apparently) and fans, you know, the people that pay their bills, voicing their want for an album isn't going to make them delay it longer just cuz. Genuinely sick of people blaming everyone but Lana at this point. You're really going to pretend that interscope would accept "the fans are mean in instagram comments :(" as an acceptable excuse for Lana, their grammy-nominated cash cow, not releasing an album that fans are incredibly, incredibly vocal about wanting to spend their money on and time streaming? The delusion is honestly real.

Ah, but you mustn't forget, Fetus Del Rey must be babied at all times or else!!! If the rudeness continues, she'll drop the only flash drive containing NFR in her banana pea puree, or even worse, her diaper.

I don’t either... But remember the 4chan report / rumour from March? It said she got a very recluse artist to make a cameo on a track...

probably false, but rumours are the only interesting things at the moment we could talk about.

And also: if we start to have more rumours, does it mean something is about to happen?

inb4 lana feat. Frank Ocean. I would die

the year is 2023 and we still haven’t heard about this. I wonder what she’s up to these days...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

that wildsycamore dude on tumblr said something like that too but i cant see NFR having any featurings...

LfL was honestly ruined because of cameos. I love stevie nicks but BPBP is really unlistenable to me. I freeze everytime I hear that goddamn piano because of what's coming next.

locals only

Ah, but you mustn't forget, Fetus Del Rey must be babied at all times or else!!! If the rudeness continues, she'll drop the only flash drive containing NFR in her banana pea puree, or even worse, her diaper.

Rumour has it NFR's delay is because her Leapfrog LeapPad can't connect to the internet, thus preventing her from ever releasing or tweeting to let us know  :ohno:

locals only

LfL was honestly ruined because of cameos. I love stevie nicks but BPBP is really unlistenable to me. I freeze everytime I hear that goddamn piano because of what's coming next.

I love that song :aw: But I would have loved if Tomorrow never came was solo... would have made it a lot better to me

Rumour has it NFR's delay is because her Leapfrog LeapPad can't connect to the internet, thus preventing her from ever releasing or tweeting to let us know :ohno:

God I’ve truly missed you all :xgiggle:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

honey it's the best collab on there 

I just have to hear sean's "Heeeyyy" with about 20 vocal takes layered and it makes me wanna punch him