Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm not gonna judge you because we all have our own feelings and you getting emotional with that lyric is your own prerogative and I respect that. But when people say Hope has better lyrics than, let's say, Brooklyn Baby, I get all flight or fight.

Oh yeah brooklyn baby absolutely slaps. So much of UV and HM does, they were true masterpieces. 

locals only

If you haven't listened to any of Lana's albums in order in a moving vehicle going through mountains then I suggest you do

Get me a car, a driver license and some mountains and I'll do it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Can't wait until album snippets from Amazon come out and each song transitions into psychedelic masterpieces with her best vocals in every range and there's no awful trap beats nor only boring pianos. Wait is this how you do the unrealistic dreaming thing?

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

it's pride month she's homophobic she will stay silent until july 1st

more precisely july 4th when she will post a picture on a yatch with her white friends, an american flag and some patriotic bullshit in the caption

and then she will disappear for another month

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Did anyone else think she was maybe singing about James Franco in the NFR snippet? 

Could be. 

I feel like it'd have to be about someone she's no longer on good terms with, though, and afaik her and James are still friends (he's releasing that book about her soon, I think? And I assume she wouldn't allow that if she hated him or whatever). 

Then again, I think she could get away with singing "your poetry's bad" about James and he'd just laugh it off so idk. 

I still think G-Eazy is most likely given when it was likely written (2017/18) and the fact that he seems like such a little bitch. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Then again, I think she could get away with singing "your poetry's bad" about James and he'd just laugh it off so idk.

That line about “bad poetry” may come back to haunt her in a very direct way.

I do remember Franco wrote a short appreciation of poet Hart Crane for Vanity Fair about 10 years ago. He writes fiction and has published books of poetry on very small presses, so the line could be about him.

Overall, I don’t think the song is about Franco. Barrie is a better guess, especially after his first fairly dismal solo album. NFR could have been inspired by a number of young men in the arts who think very highly of themselves. Certainly there’s no shortage of such people in Los Angeles or in NYC.

Could be.

I feel like it'd have to be about someone she's no longer on good terms with, though, and afaik her and James are still friends (he's releasing that book about her soon, I think? And I assume she wouldn't allow that if she hated him or whatever).

I still think G-Eazy is most likely given when it was likely written (2017/18) and the fact that he seems like such a little bitch.

She made the song back in March 2018

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

NFR could have been inspired by a number of young men in the arts who think very highly of themselves. Certainly there’s no shortage of such people in Los Angeles or in NYC.

It is; that's how she described it, but it still sounds like she had a specific someone in mind with those lyrics. 

She also said (twice) that they never shut up about themselves so I think there'll be something about that in the song, too. 

I don't wanna wait until Friday/Saturday to know if anything is gonna happen. Give us the third insta post Lana dear. I'm hungry for anything.   :candy:

Overall, I don’t think the song is about Franco. Barrie is a better guess, especially after his first fairly dismal solo album. NFR could have been inspired by a number of young men in the arts who think very highly of themselves. Certainly there’s no shortage of such people in Los Angeles or in NYC.

I was actually wondering if NFR could be about multiple men, sorta like how Carly Simon wrote You’re So Vain about multiple men. They’d all think they’re Norman Fucking Rockwell but that’s the joke of it because of course they all would since they think they’re so great. But idk we’d need more lyrics first.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I don't wanna wait until Friday/Saturday to know if anything is gonna happen. Give us the third insta post Lana dear. I'm hungry for anything.   :candy:

It's probably going to be an ad for Malahide or something else equally lame. 

"Your poetry's bad and you blame the news" maybe the news = tabloid reports of them dating and associated publicity. As in, fuckboy/s  blaming her for stifling their creativity? Just a thought. 

No point analysing too deeply until we have the rest, though. 

lana , as you've said yourself

thank you and fuck off

her third post is probably just gonna be some typa soundcheck they are doing before the show... maybe teasing at singing the title track but thats it

lana , as you've said yourself

thank you and fuck off

her third post is probably just gonna be some typa soundcheck they are doing before the show... maybe teasing at singing the title track but thats it

maybe a soundcheck of her reading one of her poems as an interlude 

i76mrxw.png