Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

norman fucking rockwell doesnt exist

some of you really need to read more of this thread cos about 60% of the pages are us being stupid and actually having a lot of fun talking rather than talking about NFR 

I guess we are closer than ever to maybe finding out the truth about this damn record but I can't help but feel things have come to a complete standstill. Buzz is long dead, there is nothing to keep anyone excited anymore, snippets used to give me hope and now I consider listening to them and immediately think "nah, im good". I still think this could be a great record, but the hype has truly been killed off for me and I've reached a kind of "Lets get this over with" phase. 

Life is hard and channeling hope into looking forward to something is an easy way to make things feel better. I'm certain I'm not the only one who made this album their current "something" to look forward to and the fact that it has been (seemingly) handled so carelessly feels like a slap in the face for caring about it. And inb4 someone mentions going outside and focusing on other stuff and acting all high and mighty, realize we haven't made this album and its wait our life, it was meant to be something fun and beautiful to look forward to that would help us get through the bullshit slog that humans have turned life into. Ironically the wait for the album now feels like a bullshit slog itself. 

I guess we are closer than ever to maybe finding out the truth about this damn record but I can't help but feel things have come to a complete standstill. Buzz is long dead, there is nothing to keep anyone excited anymore, snippets used to give me hope and now I consider listening to them and immediately think "nah, im good". I still think this could be a great record, but the hype has truly been killed off for me and I've reached a kind of "Lets get this over with" phase.

Life is hard and channeling hope into looking forward to something is an easy way to make things feel better. I'm certain I'm not the only one who made this album their current "something" to look forward to and the fact that it has been (seemingly) handled so carelessly feels like a slap in the face for caring about it. And inb4 someone mentions going outside and focusing on other stuff and acting all high and mighty, realize we haven't made this album and its wait our life, it was meant to be something fun and beautiful to look forward to that would help us get through the bullshit slog that humans have turned life into. Ironically the wait for the album now feels like a bullshit slog itself.

I’m not implying anything about the album name in terms of legal trouble, but the worst part is that the NFR name is not being bandied about in the media at all at present, and not by LDR and not by Interscope or Universal.

You would think they would all WANT to keep the album title alive in the media as much as possible. They could even play off the delay and post a series of advertisements, something like “NFR IS coming...but when? Watch This Space.”

But when was the NFR last publicized as the official title by Interscope? Months and months ago, half a year ago.

I’m not implying anything about the album name in terms of legal trouble, but the worst part is that the NFR name is not being bandied about in the media at all at present, and not by LDR and not by Interscope or Universal.

You would think they would all WANT to keep the album title alive in the media as much as possible. They could even play off the delay and post a series of advertisements, something like “NFR IS coming...but when? Watch This Space.”

But when was the NFR last publicized as the official title by Interscope? Months and months ago, half a year ago.

Lana used the hashtag normanfuckingrockwell on 2 of the snippets, so surely it's still going ahead?

Lana used the hashtag normanfuckingrockwell on 2 of the snippets, so surely it's still going ahead?

When were those snippets posted? A hashtag is not ‘official’ in the manner I mean. I am not saying that NFR is not ‘going ahead,’ I am just saying it’s a bit mysterious that they’re not actively promoting the album by its name and keeping its name recognition high.

When were those snippets posted? A hashtag is not ‘official’ in the manner I mean. I am not saying that NFR is not ‘going ahead,’ I am just saying it’s a bit mysterious that they’re not actively promoting the album by its name and keeping its name recognition high.

on the snippet of the title track

on the snippet of the title track

That WAS ‘recently.’ But I want some official corporate recognition of the name. I want to see some publicity. Something more than just a LDR and Ben casually referring to the the album and NFR, or ‘the new album.’

i wish she'd wake up and realize she has children to feed

worst mother of the year award goes to......

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I am just saying it’s a bit mysterious that they’re not actively promoting the album by its name and keeping its name recognition high.

Maybe it’s just that, about being mysterious. Maybe it’ll get people googling “what’s Lana Del Rey’s upcoming album” instead of just mindlessly presaving it. Idk, she hasn’t been referring to any of her albums by name lately, so it’s making me think it has nothing to do with NFR specifically. Maybe by not naming the albums, new fans will go look them up themselves and it’ll give them more insight or spike interest or even detract people who really don’t care enough to look it up. Or she’s just so anti-promo that she’s actively anti-promoting them. Idk, she’s an enigma.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

some of you really need to read more of this thread cos about 60% of the pages are us being stupid and actually having a lot of fun talking rather than talking about NFR 

Posting on-topic only becomes relevant when someone starts posting about things other people don't want to talk about. A trad jedi.

locals only

guys what if lana has been holding off on the album for so long because she knows NFR is what some people are literally living for? she knows people are putting off killing themselves because they want to listen to NFR. she also knows that in the months that they are waiting, they may come across other reasons to live or their meds will start kicking in and she wants them to stay alive for as long as possible because she cares about us so much...WHAT A QUEEN  :flutter:  :crai:  :icant:

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

i feel like she’s caught up musically to where she is in life, so what more can she write about yknow? her poems and lyrics from this era are clearly reflective of her present, so was lfl. but also like she has hundreds of unreleased songs that she could easily pick a few to re-record/give a new production to, but god knows if she did that there would still be people like us complaining that we need NEW content, a NEW masterpiece to cry ourselves to sleep to. 

I think this has made me really see the difference in how the songs feel. The BTD album has songs with such massive scope- you could listen to it driving with your boyfriend of three months to Las Vegas to get married, you could listen to it at 14 and think about the crush you never speak to, and still get that rush. With a song like MAC though, I feel like to truly feel it you need to have had a more mature relationship experience. I've listened to MAC frequently since it came out as I was going through a long, drawn-out not-quite break-up with someone that thought my own sadness could be co-opted by them. While a lot of the songs on BTD might talk about specific situations, like swinging in the backyard while your boyfriend plays video games, or walking the streets as a 17 year old alcoholic prostitute, they're still more universal than a specific conversation in someone's car or by an apartment complex. 

It's kind of strange to me that as she clearly loses interest in fame she makes her lyrics so, so personal and precise. 

locals only

guys what if lana has been holding off on the album for so long because she knows NFR is what some people are literally living for? she knows people are putting off killing themselves because they want to listen to NFR. she also knows that in the months that they are waiting, they may come across other reasons to live or their meds will start kicking in and she wants them to stay alive for as long as possible because she cares about us so much...WHAT A QUEEN  :flutter:  :crai:  :icant:

Killing myself as a publicity stunt so we can all get NFR

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL