Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

How many of the UO vinyls are left? and how many of the lime greens were made? I can't believe they're mostly sold out already

EDIT: for anyone wanting to get the UO edition, their website has 20% off one item, 15% for two etc right now.

locals only

So I pre ordered from the ITunes  yesterday. :)  I got the tracks that have been released downloaded and the rest will come on release day.

Mariners apartment complex

Venice bitch

Doin' time

hope is a dangerous thing  etc. etc.

I love all of these and I know I will love the album. Doin' time is the only one that has some beat and rhythm that makes you move. I hope some of the unreleased tracks have a bit of a tempo too. Don't get me wrong I could listen to Black Beauty forever but I think it would help balance the album and might appeal to some new fans if there was more tempo. Not necessarily the sentiment of the song just the rhythm. Hope that makes sense.   Hey I just wrote a song! "Hope that makes sense because I have some." (sense) :P

So I pre ordered from the ITunes  yesterday. :)  I got the tracks that have been released downloaded and the rest will come on release day.

Mariners apartment complex

Venice bitch

Doin' time

hope is a dangerous thing  etc. etc.

I love all of these and I know I will love the album. Doin' time is the only one that has some beat and rhythm that makes you move. I hope some of the unreleased tracks have a bit of a tempo too. Don't get me wrong I could listen to Black Beauty forever but I think it would help balance the album and might appeal to some new fans if there was more tempo. Not necessarily the sentiment of the song just the rhythm. Hope that makes sense.   Hey I just wrote a song! "Hope that makes sense because I have some." (sense) :P

She did it for LFL already so why should she do it for NFR too?

I think Doin' Time is on it because it's a little hit so they have something to put on the sticker if there is one.

OT: I wonder why she used the BBC versions of HM & TLY on her tour and not the album versions?

Mfhp.gif

How many of the UO vinyls are left? and how many of the lime greens were made? I can't believe they're mostly sold out already

EDIT: for anyone wanting to get the UO edition, their website has 20% off one item, 15% for two etc right now.

UO vinyls are limited to 10.000 copies! If I remember correctly. 10000 is a lot.. Probably even more than Honeymoon, and it doesn't look like it will be sold out that soon. But the lime vinyl seems to be very limited

4vj4lpxm2fe31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I wish that instead of putting the full album title and her initials, she reversed it: her full name (I know she's famous but not everyone on earth knows her name) and "NFR" 'cuz that's mysterious and would make the viewer want to google it.   :hooker:  Just my marketing background showing.   ;)

Anyway, I agree with the comment upthread that she might be doing a "witchy" cover song for Maleficent 2 since she was on the first Maleficent, plus they used "Season of the Witch" on the promo. Still doesn't explain what the "witchy" UO cover has to do with NFR though! 

I listed to Architecture aka BAR again last night; dying to know what the re-done version will sound like.   :party: Such a beautiful song. I wonder how it will fit into the rest of the album, which seems more hopeful about relationships...BAR is definitely a post-breakup song unless the lyrics changed, so I would've made it a bonus track personally.

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Imagine if she changed the lyrics to BAR and ruined the song right how she did with Beautiful People. I would freak the fuck out

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Imagine if she changed the lyrics to BAR and ruined the song right how she did with Beautiful People. I would freak the fuck out

I would cry

giphy.gif

is there hope of Lana ever returning to the style of Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight again?

I think it's unlikely, but I'd love her to return to that genre for at least a few tracks, that satiric form of dance music, which also includes 'Making Out.' She did it so effortlessly and energetically, and with such cleverness and humor. 

My absolute favorite thing about Pale Moonlight is how it goes from "no pressure, it's chill" to "...but I'm literally stalking you and telling everyone I'M GONNA get-GET HIM!"  :lmao:  :brows:

I love that song but think it, and songs like "This is What Makes Us Girls," aren't coming back because her style and image are more mature; like, on NFR she's a grown woman who doesn't have time for playing games and will call you on your shit, you know? Not a Lolita ingenue any more. Which is kind of sad for us but also probably healthy for her. ;) 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

My absolute favorite thing about Pale Moonlight is how it goes from "no pressure, it's chill" to "...but I'm literally stalking you and telling everyone I'M GONNA get-GET HIM!"  :lmao:  :brows:

I love that song but think it, and songs like "This is What Makes Us Girls," aren't coming back because her style and image are more mature; like, on NFR she's a grown woman who doesn't have time for playing games and will call you on your shit, you know? Not a Lolita ingenue any more. Which is kind of sad for us but also probably healthy for her. ;)

yes she's a grown woman now

i think the last song in this style was made in UV = florida kilos

:smile3: