Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

the chorus to Love Song and the California snippet in general triggered my depression 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I REALLY hope she cracks the 80s on Metacritic and snatches that Best Alternative Album Grammy nomination (please Interscope, best Alternative, not AOTY) :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

I REALLY hope she cracks the 80s on Metacritic and snatches that Best Alternative Album Grammy nomination (please Interscope, best Alternative, not AOTY) :defeated:

Let's hope Happiness is a Butterfly with its lyrics and How to Disappear with its cheap beat don't ruin those chances for a high critic score

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Let's hope Happiness is a Butterfly with its lyrics and How to Disappear with its cheap beat don't ruin those chances for a high critic score

Don't be that waaaaay :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

only listened to the old snippets maybe 1-2 times each, and i do not remember what they sound like

i'm holding off on the new snippets

if she releases a full song before the album drops i'll listen but i want as much new material as possible

Finally caved and listening to the snippets. Only listening once, I deleted them, but everything sounds amazing. Except Next Best American Record, what on earth on those new lyrics? Hoping they make more sense in context of the full song, and we haven't fully lost the "you did it all for fame" part.

Anyways, super excited, and I will listen to Looking For America on repeat until the album drops because it's painfully beautiful and I can't stop.

honestly every song on this album will be perfect in its own special way - I'm not a massive fan of the production on HTD or treatment of TNBAR but they're most definitely not skips nor as badly produced as some of the songs on BTD or LFL

I still don't understand everyone's obsession with Honeymoon tbh

Honeymoon is a mood, I guess. It's mellow, laid-back, melancholic. She sounds so aerial on that one. It's her most «Old Hollywood» record to date, which I love, and it also has a lot of «Mediterranean charm» to it as well. There are so many wow moments that hit you after a couple of times. it is also her most perfect record to listen to when you are working on something else (computer, homework, writing): it puts you in a transe. Her voice is so superb. And I love that it's like nothing that is out there. Listening to UV, it felt as if I had found a lost end-of-sixties vinyl by an unknown singer; with HM, it was as if I had found a 40's-or-50's-diva-starlet vinyl. 

After having Cadie hum the snippets to me, I was reminded of the power miss lana has.

My bussy is ready for you Mr. Norman so please.. fuck my Rockwell.

Sincerely,

A hungry sister.

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

honestly every song on this album will be perfect in its own special way - I'm not a massive fan of the production on HTD or treatment of TNBAR but they're most definitely not skips nor as badly produced as some of the songs on BTD or LFL

That's why I think NFR will be the sister of UV and HM, I don't skip any track from those albums but of course they are some I like more and some less

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

What song do you think that casting call for a Lana music video is for? I can't imagine any of these songs having a "Grease" type of vibe besides maybe The Greatest? Maybe she hasn't filmed the double music video in its entirety yet? 

That's why I think NFR will be the sister of UV and HM, I don't skip any track from those albums but of course they are some I like more and some less

yes!!

What song do you think that casting call for a Lana music video is for? I can't imagine any of these songs having a "Grease" type of vibe besides maybe The Greatest? Maybe she hasn't filmed the double music video in its entirety yet? 

i could see it being for love song, or maybe even the title track (if the clips from the trailer aren't used for NFR aren't for an already filmed MV)

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

yes!!

i could see it being for love song, or maybe even the title track (if the clips from the trailer aren't used for NFR aren't for an already filmed MV)

Maybe, but those songs are just so melancholic and so unlike the film "Grease." I'm definitely thinking The Greatest, or maybe she's filming a Doin' Time music video

w̷̴͍͓̼̠̯͢e҉̧̺͔͓l҉ͅļ̛͉̬̮̤̳̣͞ͅ ̞̪̲͎ͅw̸̡̗̹̖̩̞͔̲̹̬h̭̩y҉̱̦̩ͅ ͚̳̤n͈͓̯̜͟o̤̝̩t͏͉͔͔͙͔ ̯͎̮̬̳̪͖͢b̙̮̱̻́o͕͔̱̬̙̗̟ͅt̸̛̩͖͔̝ͅh̬̻̠̮

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I hope she kept the same lyrics in the bridge of TNBAR. It's the most special part of the song imo. Apart from that, I don't mind the new lyrics, they will probably make sense in the full song

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~