Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

this is what i hate about the crazy fans...and this isn't even the worst by far

I got added to some fb fan group chat for no reason and the guy who made it kept on talking about how he lives in LA and is convinced that he's going to run into her and hang out, asking for tips on how to find her etc. Some 'fans' are fucking terrifying.

locals only

i just want her to drop her BTD hits and finally sing stuff from her latest projects, mostly HM and NFR.

This is why I’m leaning on not going to see her this tour. Is it possible she’d make a big change like that? Maybe it’s the right time, but I swear she won’t let those BTD songs go. I don’t want to hear BJ/BTD live for the 478013638th time.

Edit: and SS. I’m so tired of hearing that song in person.

NFR Tour Setlist

1. Born to Die

2. Off to The Races

3. Blue Jeans

4. Video Games

5. Diet Mountain Dew

6. National Anthem

7. Dark Paradise

8. Radio

9. Carmen

10. Million Dollar Man

11. Summertime Sadness

12. This Is What Makes Us Girls

ENCORE

13. Without You

14. Lolita

15. Lucky Ones

SECOND ENCORE

16. Summertime Sadness (Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais Remix)

8V7Yvel.png

yeah i remember that, and oscar doesn't accept an old song that hasn't been written for the movie, she lied about Y&B and someone has contacted them and told them the truth lol hopefully this time she can make something for the movie, cuz i know she can and she deserves it!

I mean she didn't write it for the movie but it wasn't released of performed before so I don't think her not being nominated had to do with this

yes lmao, she was sabotaged as Nobody already said (below) the song was pretty eligible for the award, the academy even nominated songs that were released before the film or performed before and their last ruling was that as long as a song wasn't relevant before and had its major release tied to a film and within the given time frame it is pretty eligible.

tbf lana didn't really campaign that much which except for that she went to cannes.

It was actively sabotaged as well though:

"At least one member of the academy of motion picture arts and sciences' music selection committee has reportedly received "an anonymous envelope" with what looks like a print-out from the industry magazine Variety. The article, which was never actually published, claims that Lana Del Rey's song has been disqualified due to a release date technicality. Studio and label representatives were unable to trace the enevelope's sender."

i76mrxw.png 

Didn’t she say at a couple of shows during the festival tour that she “couldnt wait to sing the new record” for the audience? Im thinking the NFR! tour is so short bc the setlist is legit just going to be the album, Norman Fucking Rockwell, and her managers probably thought there wouldn’t be a mass appeal for this so they kept it concise?

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

My french vanilla fantasy setlist:

1. Mariners Apartment Complex
  2. Born to Die
  3. Pretty When You Cry
  4. Heroin
  5. Shades of Cool
  6. Blue Jeans
  7. Freak
  8. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  9. Fuck It I Love You
  10. Change / Black Beauty / Young & Beautiful
  11. Ride

(Summer Bummer Interlude)

12. National Anthem
  13. Video Games
  14. West Coast
  15. Doin' Time
  16. Serial Killer
  17. Off to the Races

ENCORE

18. Get Free
  19. The Greatest
  20. Venice Bitch

8V7Yvel.png

I feel like Lana's sound has two "flavors" if you know what I mean... BTD, Paradise, and LFL are one. UV and NFR are the other. Honeymoon kind of marries the two.

And every one of them are perfect masterpieces

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Salvatore, Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You / God Knows I Tried, Religion / The Blackest Day.

from NFR: NFR, Venice Bitch, How to Disappear, MAC, FIILY, The Greatest and Love Song

And from LFL - Love, GBA and 13 Beaches.

THE NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL! TOUR SETLIST:

1. Mariners Apartment Complex

2. Love

3. 13 Beaches

4. The Blackest Day / Religion

5. How to Disappear

6. God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

7. Fuck it, I Love You

8. The Greatest

9. Honeymoon

10. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

11. Terrence Loves You / God Knows I Tried

12. Love Song

13. Salvatore

14. Venice Bitch

giphy.gif

NFR Tour Setlist

1. Born to Die

2. Off to The Races

3. Blue Jeans

4. Video Games

5. Diet Mountain Dew

6. National Anthem

7. Dark Paradise

8. Radio

9. Carmen

10. Million Dollar Man

11. Summertime Sadness

12. This Is What Makes Us Girls

ENCORE

13. Without You

14. Lolita

15. Lucky Ones

The funny thing is that you're approx. 50% right  :creep:

Didn’t she say at a couple of shows during the festival tour that she “couldnt wait to sing the new record” for the audience? Im thinking the NFR! tour is so short bc the setlist is legit just going to be the album, Norman Fucking Rockwell, and her managers probably thought there wouldn’t be a mass appeal for this so they kept it concise?

That seems more like a wide statement to me, she probably meant the songs she hadn't released back then. If she were to sing the full record, I think they would have advertised it that way?

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I hope her new shows coming up will be more lively than they have been with some new songs added in. She looks and sounds bored with the same BTD mix she had during LATTM

I'd hate to see the album get the amount of live performances Honeymoon got but knowing Lana... :crai:

I DON'T LIKE LANA ANYMORE

tumblr_mjladggtVx1rdgz31o1_400.gif

PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT

This is why I’m leaning on not going to see her this tour. Is it possible she’d make a big change like that? Maybe it’s the right time, but I swear she won’t let those BTD songs go. I don’t want to hear BJ/BTD live for the 478013638th time.

Edit: and SS. I’m so tired of hearing that song in person.

As someone who's never been lucky enough to see Lana live even once, it's weird for me to hear someone say they're tired of hearing a song of hers in person...

I can kind of understand though? I watch all the videos of her tours and I do wish she'd change the setlist up a bit. I could do without Blue Jeans and Off to the Races (sorry). But Video Games should always be there