Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Just listened to BTD/Paradise again. NFR sounds underproduced , lazy compared to it and I prefer the way Lana uses her voice on previous albums (darker, less breathy/airy). Not saying this is a bad album, still gonna play Cinnamon Girl a lot, but I do think it's going to be one of my least favorite.

I really don't understand how people dislike Hope. It's so suffocatingly emotional. Such a perfectly raw blend of nihilism and optimism and a perfect picture of what living with depression for years feels like. Just a piano, a woman, and her pain. Perfection

That’s depression, not nihilism. Nihilists don’t regularly go to Christian churches, reference God in their songs and talk about their belief in God in interviews.

I really don't understand how people dislike Hope. It's so suffocatingly emotional. Such a perfectly raw blend of nihilism and optimism and a perfect picture of what living with depression for years feels like. Just a piano, a woman, and her pain. Perfection

i loved hope since it was released and i still do, it's so beautiful to me

MY MOM JUST CAME BACK HOME WITH A COPY OF THE ALBUM!!! She got it from her friend who works in a store, my plan worked, I'm a fuckin' genius

Brb in an hour, I have to listen now, I cannot wait any longer

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just listened to BTD/Paradise again. NFR sounds underproduced , lazy compared to it and I prefer the way Lana uses her voice on previous albums (darker, less breathy/airy). Not saying this is a bad album, still gonna play Cinnamon Girl a lot, but I do think it's going to be one of my least favorite.

I rate it a ‘C.’ The songwriting seems lazy and flaccid on most of the songs. She seemed to be trying to achieve a very low dynamic, and she succeeded.

She also said it was a folk album with surf overtones—I certainly don’t hear folk, though the title track’s production seems to be a slight shoutout to Joni Mitchell’s ‘Court & Spark,’ and there’s the too-obvious Ladies of the Canyon reference.

Like many of her albums, there’s strong and weak tracks, good and bad. ‘HIAB’ still sounds like 3 completely different songs badly mashed together, like a third-rate B-side. She completely wastes the ‘happiness is a butterfly’ parts with the unfortunate other sections.

I also miss the pure audacity, beauty and creativity she revealed on songs like ‘Live or Die,’ ‘Last Girl on Earth,’ ‘Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight,’ and especially ‘Angels Forever,’ ‘Hollywood,’ and ‘JFK.’

MY MOM JUST CAME BACK HOME WITH A COPY OF THE ALBUM!!! She got it from her friend who works in a store, my plan worked, I'm a fuckin' genius

Brb in an hour, I have to listen now, I cannot wait any longer

Tell us about fiily, which version you have

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I rate it a ‘C.’ The songwriting seems lazy and flaccid on most of the songs. She seemed to be trying to achieve a very low dynamic, and she succeeded.

She also said it was a folk album with surf overtones—I certainly don’t hear folk, though the title track’s production seems to be a slight shoutout to Joni Mitchell’s ‘Court & Spark,’ and there’s the too-obvious Ladies of the Canyon reference.

Like many of her albums, there’s strong and weak tracks, good and bad. ‘HIAB’ still sounds like 3 completely different songs badly mashed together, like a third-rate B-side. She completely wastes the ‘happiness is a butterfly’ parts with the unfortunate other sections.

I also miss the pure audacity, beauty and creativity she revealed on songs like ‘Live or Die,’ ‘Last Girl on Earth,’ ‘Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight,’ and especially ‘Angels Forever,’ ‘Hollywood,’ and ‘JFK.’

It's be 100 years since those songs

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

where is everyone gonna be listening to the album for the first time? i’m in college and its gonna be midnight so i’ll probably lay in my dorm in the dark while listening to the album on full blast with my headphones. i know using headphones on the first listen will be an EXPERIENCE.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose