Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

the whole thing leaked but i dont know by whom

Idk if I'm allowed to say this here without getting a warning point but since I guess the link is not there anymore, I found it posted by an anonymous user in the chat of a famous site where leaks are usually posted (Xclu...) and that user had said two days ago "Nfr leak tomorrow"

I really, sincerely hope California gets a music video. I'd love to see a revisitation of the West Coast/Shades of Cool style of music video, maybe incorporating more of the neon theme she's got going this era, and that style would look gorgeous for California. :defeated:

There's really back up vocals of "fame" in TNBAR? :aw: 

I read that before and I gave it multiple listens but haven't heard those.

“‘Cause we were just that good

It was just that good (fame fame fame fame fame...)”

So I heard the record couple of times.

California is one of her best songs ever. It's really mature and follows some kind of logic in her evolution as an artist.

"How to disappear" sounds terrible to my ears. Is that supposed to be a Christmas song?

"Love Song" starts great and then sounds like a freestyle session in the studio. WTF?

"The Next Best American Record" is probably the worst song in the record.

"Cinnamon" is good, but it sounds like the track that should have been between "Cherry" and "White Mustang" on LFL. I don't see it in NFR. :/ 

About the rest:

Venice Bitch, California, Bartender, NFR, Happiness is a butterfly, MAC, The Greatest - I wouldn't mind if the album was just those 7. It still would have been her best record ever.

Overall - NFR sounds like LFL - I mean both records sound like the work of an artist looking for a new direction. Let's hope that her next album will be entirely in the lanes of this new direction.

And where are the RHCP vibes anyway?

I don’t hear it? At what point in the instrumental sorry?

But Thankyou for posting this, Radio is one of my all time fave songs, and woooo this instrumental never ceases to scalp me

The start , that whole "sound effect" or whatever it is , is exactly the same.

I know , it's one of my favorites as well :)

So I heard the record couple of times.

California is one of her best songs ever. It's really mature and follows some kind of logic in her evolution as an artist.

"How to disappear" sounds terrible to my ears. Is that supposed to be a Christmas song?

"Love Song" starts great and then sounds like a freestyle session in the studio. WTF?

"The Next Best American Record" is probably the worst song in the record.

"Cinnamon" is good, but it sounds like the track that should have been between "Cherry" and "White Mustang" on LFL. I don't see it in NFR. :/ 

About the rest:

Venice Bitch, California, Bartender, NFR, Happiness is a butterfly, MAC, The Greatest - I wouldn't mind if the album was just those 7. It still would have been her best record ever.

Overall - NFR sounds like LFL - I mean both records sound like the work of an artist looking for a new direction. Let's hope that her next album will be entirely in the lanes of this new direction.

And where are the RHCP vibes anyway?

:biblio:

I have to say, all of the snippets and leaks and songs Lana put out kind of put a damper on the album for me. I don't think I got to really experience even one song as an entirely new listen. Anyways, the album is gorgeous, but UV > HM > AKA > NFR = BTD/Paradise >>>>>>>> LFL and that's just the truth!!

I agree with this part. I love seeing how she's flourishing into something new but has not forsaken who she was before

Also, is anyone else just kind of unimpressed with Lana's newer, lazier, breathier vocal style? I just want to scream cord closure at her. I can constantly hear air leaking out and it sounds so grating sometimes.  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Also, is anyone else just kind of unimpressed with Lana's newer, lazier, breathier vocal style? I just want to scream cord closure at her. I can constantly hear air leaking out and it sounds so grating sometimes. :toofunny: :toofunny:

I'm pretty sure she does it on purpose but it's kinda annoying sometimes

Wait I don't think we are talking about the same thing

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

So I listened in full for the first time yesterday. I made the effort to go the place I first listened to UV and LFL too. 

It's a nature reserve / woodland that's about an hour bus ride. I took half a tab of acid before I got on the bus with a few joints in my bag. 

On the bus, I listened to the zane lowe interview again almost a year since I first heard it. Lemmme tell you, the anticipation by this point was killing me. 

I pressed play as I approached the field surrounding the woods at 8pm just as the sun was setting, it was the most beautiful hour of my life, to say the least.

The title track has got me be my favourite, but I couldn't really get into california after hearing all the hype on here. 

And the Bart-t-t-ender bit absolutely killed me I had to take a seat on a tree stump to catch my breath lmaoo

god-damn.png

that makes sense since cinnamon is mentioned in Radio. i think i read somewhere that Radio's original title was "Cinnamon"  so I like this reference

I forgot how much I love the radio instrumental. I 100% get why people ask for it at live shows. I hope it is where she sampled the cinnamon outro, radio deserves respect after the whole "I can't remember the lyrics" fiasco  :flutter:

Maybe it's a reference to The Beatles:

it still makes me cringe, I get what she's trying to say but the way it's worded is still <:/ to me

locals only

nyaa~ awre u weal? uwu awe u weal? *snuggles* yeah? >.<“

i hate this post so much because it’s exactly what i hear at the end of the new flop HIADT

it still makes me cringe, I get what she's trying to say but the way it's worded is still <:/ to me

wait why... i actually like the lyric but now i’m thinking it means something else :stareney2: