Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

DCooper, on 29 Aug 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

4 stars from Slant Magazine.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review-lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rockwell-eulogizes-the-american-dream/

Interesting considering they also gave 4/5 stars to BTD (an album fans love to bash, especially during this era).

So both BTD and NFR received the SAME ratings from the SAME publication AND the same journalist is responsible for rating BOTH of these albums equally.

Very interesting compared to the 3.5/5 they gave UV & the 3/5 for HM. :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

It's honeslty so hard not being able to listen to Love song and California without crying :(

I guess I'm gonna give myself a few days to process them.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It's honeslty so hard not being able to listen to Love song and California without crying :(

I guess I'm gonna give myself a few days to process them.

same omg we're having similar feelings towards our favorite songs hahaha

Just wondering if the vinyl is expected to arrive on/around the 30th? 

I know some stores have received CDs and vinyls and have already put them on shelves, but I haven't heard/gotten any shipping confirmation from Lana's store - maybe they'll ship ON the 30th?

I remember people getting the Honeymoon vinyl delivered to their mailboxes a few days before the 18th in 2015. Has anyone gotten their vinyl yet?

My order from the Lana store says expected to ship on the 29th, wish they’d overnight it lol. And UO order says shipping on the 30th

LIZARD PEOPLE

I'm so happy and proud she's getting all this universal acclaim though

I was literally thinking of the same damn thing. did they really have to take so damn much time to understand the LDR universe or is it pure misogyny

it’s partially misogyny and partially because critics are so disconnected from the tastes of younger people that they thought she would be just another flash in the pan that would be gone as fast as she came, and are now trying to make up for their earlier assumptions and trying to sound hip by showering her with praise

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

How to Disappear really is the worst song on the album. The vocals, the production, the mixing... All of it had so much potential. How did they approve this? God...

We can’t say that NFR is receiving “universal acclaim” yet, as it hasn’t even been released and there may be some negative public/professional reviews ahead, but I do think NFR is, generally speaking, the kind of stripped-back album critics like and approve of. There’s not overtly silly on it or caricaturish, the way, for example, some people didn’t care for Stevie Nicks’ voice (and compared it to Sponge Bob) or the gun shots on GBA.

They’ll ignore what they don’t like (if anything) in the face of the maturity of ‘Hope’ specifically, as well as the fairly austere MAC, VB, California, TG and the title track. Greil Marcus, one of the most respected and hoity-toity of rock critics, praised VB, so I am sure his opinion is having influence.

Lol mine from the Lana store just says "Release Date: August 30th" and nothing else  :hooker:

Same on UO it just says “Backorder; expected to ship out Aug 30”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Happiness is a butterfly is blowing me away, I knew loving the song from the start was gonna pay off. I think BAR and Doin' Time do the least for me from the album but the rest are outstanding and I love every track.

Happiness is a butterfly is blowing me away, I knew loving the song from the start was gonna pay off. I think BAR and Doin' Time do the least for me from the album but the rest are outstanding and I love every track.

i HATED hiab when i first heard it but listening to it now.. damn i really was a fool

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Weird, mine is very adamant that it’s shipping on the 29th, I just noticed it’s stated three times haha

6KYnsnS.jpg

Same on UO it just says “Backorder; expected to ship out Aug 30”

That's so funny...I thought maybe the "Release Date: August 30th" thing from Lana's store was just the date for the album in general (CDs and digital)/placeholder thing but fingers crossed it applies to vinyls too lol. 

@@cherriesinthespring did you get that email from Lana's store or your mail delivery service?

Yes! That was always one of my most anticipated tracks, and I love it so much :defeated:

I think this is my ranking of the album, but it's quite subjective because I gave 10/10 for all tracks except Doin' Time:

1-Hope

2-LS

3-CG

4-California

5-NFR

6-HIAB

7-Bartender

8-FIILY

9-TG

10-MAC

11-HTD

12-TNBAR